Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15101 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 4) Day 3
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2023, 03:03:13 am »

You trust EP, ok. And the bit about Canadian Kitten?

Wait… CK, did you think you had multiple shots?
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2023, 03:24:09 am »

CK described the exact thought process I went through before I even mentioned the fact that I did.  I doubt any scum, especially a newer player, would, or even could, do something that skilled based on the premise of the strategy itself and, most importantly, the specific wording quoted in my previous reply.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2023, 04:20:39 am »

I see. I’ll take another look, it’s difficult to get a clear picture of the way someone misunderstood their role… bit of a headache.

I genuinely do not understand why EP wouldn’t shoot me, unless they’re scum. As town, they should have wanted to get their main suspect out of the game… even if they weren’t dead sure, a 3 player Day 3 would be preferable to a 4 player one where scum can likely win the next night.

I’m going to be extremely dubious about any claim to have shot CM, for several reasons. I’ll let them talk about that, but I’m struggling to see what they can say that would make their behaviour explicable. Especially given their waiting until everyone else has claimed.

There was a bussing play by somebody. I’m not sure who, but I’m starting to think EP. Which is… a depressing tactic for them to use when partnered with a newer player, but it’s really not uncommon for stronger players to do that.

Max didn’t trust EP. I’m not sure if Max even saw scum!Quarque.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2023, 05:35:10 am »

Here's what we know for sure: Maxine already used up their bullet, so it's definitely one of us that killed Crystal.  Another interesting thing to note is that CM has been attacked by the same anonymous party twice in a row because no one admitted to doing so day 1 either (there is a small chance Snow was bluffing about his nightly inaction and actually did utilize his rifle, though that's unlikely).  Hold on a second; both NJW (first to claim Max) and TCk said they shot on the first day, while EP has been saving his for the entirety of the game.  If NJW is a lone antagonist that doesn't have grenades, that would mean he's not the killer tonight!!  You're absolutely right; it could be EP!  As much as it seems counterintuitive to bus your friend's chest in at the very beginning of the game, it's a possibility.  I'm still not completely convinced; there are a few too many yet-to-be-determined factors at play.  It is also fair to mention that, out of everyone alive right now, Crystal only voted NJW, as provided below:
NJW should've bolded and coloured that

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2023, 06:13:51 am »

The Canadian kitten, what are your reads right now?  Can you please rank everyone's trustworthiness and... town-liness?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2023, 09:50:38 am »

Quick update: As it turns out, my protective vest is still in mint condition!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2023, 10:17:26 am »

PFP

I didn't shoot but did get shot

I didn't shoot NJW because:
1. I thought CM or sofanthiel would and didn't want to waste my one shot
2. I wanted to save my one bullet
3. If I was wrong, too many townies dying in one night could instantly lose the game for town, especially if we were dealing with three scum

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2023, 10:21:48 am »

After sleeping on it I'm still leaning toward NJW. TCK's error is tragic but plausible. I like sofanthiel less now that he doesn't have an uncontested medic claim, but I suppose scum would likely hold on to the claim for towncred.

I am tempted to lynch TCK, whose vest is intact, today, and shoot NJW tonight with sofanthiel, but for all we know NJW has a bussing power or a triple vest or something.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2023, 10:44:59 am »

Here's what we know for sure: Maxine already used up their bullet, so it's definitely one of us that killed Crystal.  Another interesting thing to note is that CM has been attacked by the same anonymous party twice in a row because no one admitted to doing so day 1 either (there is a small chance Snow was bluffing about his nightly inaction and actually did utilize his rifle, though that's unlikely).  Hold on a second; both NJW (first to claim Max) and TCk said they shot on the first day, while EP has been saving his for the entirety of the game.  If NJW is a lone antagonist that doesn't have grenades, that would mean he's not the killer tonight!!  You're absolutely right; it could be EP!  As much as it seems counterintuitive to bus your friend's chest in at the very beginning of the game, it's a possibility.  I'm still not completely convinced; there are a few too many yet-to-be-determined factors at play.  It is also fair to mention that, out of everyone alive right now, Crystal only voted NJW, as provided below:
NJW should've bolded and coloured that
Ironically, I was thinking the same thing after I went to bed, except re: you. So I can't fault your logic here.

Max didn’t trust EP. I’m not sure if Max even saw scum!Quarque.

Unless I'm missing another post, he was leaning toward us both being town, me more than you:

If I interpret Elephant Parade in the last game as someone who was assuming he was on the side of town (until everyone became convinced Snowkiller was mafia), then NJW2000 and Elephant Parade are both within their expected town meta as people who tend to get really stuck on something not really all that important, so I currently think this is just a town fight. If it's not, I very very weakly find NJW2000 more suspicious of the two.

Also, he thought that if you were scum, scum would shoot him:

What makes you think that you would die this night?
Half the players seem to think I'm mafia, and the mafia themselves probably consider me a primary target for removal. ESPECIALLY if it really is NJW2000.
You did, in fact, shoot him.

You also tried to lead a lynch on him D1. Notably, your survey of the lynch candidates in the same post did not include Quarque, even though I had already voted him at that point:
Quarque, you are one sussy baka.

Don't hide behind dice rolls or helplessness. You're going to have to play at some point, might as well start now.

*Rolls a D9*

Uh, NJW2000.
Voting Sofanthiel.
I see multiple scumtells and you aren't completely new to the game anymore.

You seem to primarily show interest in your own survival.
No effort so far to prod people or actively figure them out.
Using your vote to punish people for voting on you (ie trying to survive) - and / or a random vote.

I hope you understand why this looks suspicious?
(...)
Oh. This shit started already? Popping a vest and chill, I guess. Maybe it's some DOTA2 type shit. I don't know.
Snowkiller, if you do not want to play then why are you here? If your only motivation is to spoil our fun, that is very sad. I don't really want to waste a vote on you, but unfortunately I feel I have to, because you might in fact be a rebel.
Your attack on sofanthiel gives me bad vibes and, as I said above, I find it baffling that you'd put a second pressure vote on a lurker. Care to explain the latter?
Pfp

Quarque: the gut read on Max is partly because he doesn’t seem that uncertain as town, and partly because he seems to be interacting a bit less with players than usual… he doesn’t question people hard D1, but he usually has something to talk about. Very chatty in an off-topic manner though. That led to an ok vote on scum!max last game.

Hm. 12 hours left. Don’t trust the Maxine votes, two gut reads from players not really playing is not a promising start, especially when a couple of other players indicated they might hop on that. Don’t want a snow killer Elim as it likely won’t tell us much about the people voting them… if they don’t play at all, killing them at night would be the proper thing.

MaximumSpin. Who’s with me?

I'm iffy on Cat and sofanthiel and but after this morning's posts, I really don't see how you could be playing in good faith. NJW.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2023, 11:22:55 am »

After sleeping on it I'm still leaning toward NJW. TCK's error is tragic but plausible. I like sofanthiel less now that he doesn't have an uncontested medic claim, but I suppose scum would likely hold on to the claim for towncred.

I am tempted to lynch TCK, whose vest is intact, today, and shoot NJW tonight with sofanthiel, but for all we know NJW has a bussing power or a triple vest or something.
I now see that sofanthiel used their shot on Maxine anyway. Missed that on my first read.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2023, 11:26:23 am »

@EP: I didn't include Quarque as a candidate, as at that point, Snowkiller and Maxine looked more likely because it was just you on Quarque. And yep, I wanted to elim Max, who did not trust either of us. So that massive wall of quotes was pretty pointless.

I still don't buy your logic on not shooting me.

PFP

3. If I was wrong, too many townies dying in one night could instantly lose the game for town, especially if we were dealing with three scum

1. You should have shot me on this logic, because you were more committed to it than either of Sofa and Canadian
If Snowkiller flips town, you'll be back on the chopping block.
2. Is not a townie reason, if scum get limited kills.
3. If you mis-elim'd the next day, you'd quite possibly lose the game for town anyhow. This reasoning doesn't check out.

Someone is lying about kills. I might have more to say on this once I've thought things through, but for now, there are shots unaccounted for.

Unless EP is lying about being shot, someone shot them when they really should have shot me. I've been kept alive today because I'm the most plausible elim, as I wasn't on the Quarque wagon, and killed town N1. There's no other reason.

I don't entirely trust EP for keeping shots in reserve and failing to shoot me... but CK doesn't look great here. If they misunderstood their role, I'm not sure why they didn't shoot last night.

I don't think EP claims to have been shot as scum, but I'm not sure why not.

CanadianKitten: if you thought your gun was multi-shot, why didn't you shoot somebody last night?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2023, 11:42:13 am »

@EP: I didn't include Quarque as a candidate, as at that point, Snowkiller and Maxine looked more likely because it was just you on Quarque. And yep, I wanted to elim Max, who did not trust either of us. So that massive wall of quotes was pretty pointless.
Oh, I misread your post—I thought "two gut reads from players not really playing is not a promising start" was a separate item from "Don’t trust the Maxine votes". That's on me. I also did not actually bother to check the preceding vote count, which would have cleared things up.

As for Max: there's a huge gap between "Max leaned town on both of us" (what seemed to be the case) and "Max leaned scum on you" (how I read 'Max didn't trust you'). Again, where did Max imply he didn't trust me?

I was under the impression that last game, scum got unlimited kills. I don't see why this game would be any different.

CM = Crystallizedmire, not Canadian. CM had said they regretted not shooting you and they still had a rifle left, so I thought they were almost certainly going to shoot you. I didn't see myself as having committed to shooting you though I can see how people would have gotten that impression. I was going to talk about who should shoot you (I wanted to ask someone I was iffy on to do it) except the freaking hammer happened.

Yes, we would still have lost on a mislynch D3, but we'd at least have had a chance to lynch correctly with the information from N2. I was EXTREMELY worried about a three-man scumteam—more than I probably should have been, in retrospect.

Your logic from below the break makes sense from a hypothetical town!you perspective.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2023, 12:03:00 pm »

You trust EP, ok. And the bit about Canadian Kitten?

Wait… CK, did you think you had multiple shots?

Pfp

Yeah, and I thought everyone else have multiple shots as well

More posts will be coming in about 2 hours
Bc school

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2023, 01:53:14 pm »

I still don't buy your logic on not shooting me.

PFP

1. You should have shot me on this logic, because you were more committed to it than either of Sofa and Canadian
If Snowkiller flips town, you'll be back on the chopping block.
2. Is not a townie reason, if scum get limited kills.
3. If you mis-elim'd the next day, you'd quite possibly lose the game for town anyhow. This reasoning doesn't check out.

Someone is lying about kills. I might have more to say on this once I've thought things through, but for now, there are shots unaccounted for.

Unless EP is lying about being shot, someone shot them when they really should have shot me. I've been kept alive today because I'm the most plausible elim, as I wasn't on the Quarque wagon, and killed town N1. There's no other reason.

I don't entirely trust EP for keeping shots in reserve and failing to shoot me... but CK doesn't look great here. If they misunderstood their role, I'm not sure why they didn't shoot last night.

I don't think EP claims to have been shot as scum, but I'm not sure why not.

CanadianKitten: if you thought your gun was multi-shot, why didn't you shoot somebody last night?

Still pfp

I did not shoot because I figured that we needed more time and information to find who would be scum. I thought about trying to shoot you again but decided not to because I wasn't quite sure would it be helpful to kill another player and have them be potentially town. I was also hoping other people would hold their fire, but it didn't seem the case here.

The Canadian kitten, what are your reads right now?  Can you please rank everyone's trustworthiness and... town-liness?

Sofa feels the most townliness and trustworthy

EP feels less trustworthy. EP deciding to be the last claimed each time to prevent scum last claiming would only be working/useful if they are town.
Also unless NJW have a special magical grenade/double shot something, wouldn't EP would have shot CM, assuming Sofa is saying the truth about shoot maxine I think.

NJW feels maybe better than before? I thought they would have shot someone else, but now that I understand properly the way the rifle action works. Not too sure. Still didn't really like them voting max, and shooting max later.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2023, 02:01:27 pm »

Other off topic stuff: this phone may die during school. After then, I would have no way to communicate unless I do something with my laptop and figure stuff from there. Will be more active in about 3-4 hours ish
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25