Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15208 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 4) Day 3
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2023, 05:52:48 pm »

Nvm, this game has the "scum must equal or outnumber town" rule per the OP, so we can't be dealing with an extra scum
Still pfp
Does it apply if there is a third party?
Like 1 third party, 1 scum, and two town left?

Also why did you not first claim shots and getting shot, but ask others to claim first instead?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2023, 06:08:32 pm »

Nvm, this game has the "scum must equal or outnumber town" rule per the OP, so we can't be dealing with an extra scum
Still pfp
Does it apply if there is a third party?
Like 1 third party, 1 scum, and two town left?

Also why did you not first claim shots and getting shot, but ask others to claim first instead?
I would guess not:
72 hour days, 24 hour nights, Town must kill all Mafia, Mafia must equal or outnumber Town, Third Party (if exist) must fulfill whatever wincon
So we could be looking at either Town/Town/Town/Scum or Town/Town/3P/Scum. I would expect the latter given how heavily the OP hints at it, but who knows.

People generally seem to view me as strongly town, so I think it makes the most sense for me to claim last—after all, the later a player claims, the more of an advantage they have when it comes to creating a fake claim. In claiming last, I am denying that advantage to scum.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2023, 11:02:16 pm »

Claim your shots, everyone.
Could Maxine possibly targeted CM because they were hit by CM in the earlier night?
Impossible. Maxine flipped Standard Stormtrooper and claimed to have shot MS N1.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2023, 11:23:43 pm »

Could Maxine possibly targeted CM because they were hit by CM in the earlier night?
Impossible. Maxine flipped Standard Stormtrooper and claimed to have shot MS N1.

I don't quite understand this?

What does flipping standard and shooting MS have to do with revenge shooting?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2023, 11:24:25 pm »

Could you claim your role real quick? This is very important.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2023, 11:24:54 pm »

Specifically, the abilities that come with it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2023, 11:26:24 pm »

Could you claim your role real quick? This is very important.

literally stormtrooper cadet

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2023, 11:30:07 pm »

Specifically, the abilities that come with it.

well it says I have an auto vest that protects me from a death, and a rifle that can kill "1 player on 1 night"

hold on, did I misunderstand this bit?
I think I might have

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2023, 11:31:12 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2023, 11:33:08 pm »

I'm not 100% convinced that you're scum but "misunderstanding" that your kill is 1-shot is pretty bad. I would still like to see role and action claims from NJW and sofanthiel.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2023, 12:38:39 am »

Pfp

Some final thoughts for the irl night
This just proves I have terrible reading comprehension, and also, unless NJW have some sort of special ability, wouldn't either sofa or you have to have shot CM?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 7) Day 2
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2023, 01:25:59 am »

Alrighty, here's the thing: remember when "the cat was out of the bag" concerning me being a medic of some kind?  Welp, that may not necessarily be the case.  All I ever expressed was my confusion in regards to the functionality of armor; the rest was deliberately not elaborated on any further than:
Welp, this sucks.

What really happened is that I misunderstood the conditions.  The "you can't use more than 1 ability per night, unless it's auto" rule is the source of that, as I must have misread it to mean one can still utilize only 1 regular ability, but several autos may be used in conjunction with each other.  I assumed the purpose was to convey that, in case a player doesn't ask to shoot, the armor will be activated automatically.  This is purely my fault for not clarifying.  Thankfully, that mistake was cleared up by night 2.  Why didn't I explain all this back when I got exposed?  I just didn't want to amplify the already large target on my back by trying to weasel out of the situation, so I kept quiet.  What's this all been leading up to, besides my role still being an undetermined factor, that is?  Well, I actually had the same theory about Snow after EP claimed he could be a scum doctor.  If you recall, the reasons for voting him were the following:

Ok, here’s an extremely tenuous idea: from their “pop a vest and chill” comment, I suspect Snowkiller didn’t actually read the role pm carefully enough to know their vest was automatic. Especially as they’d probably always shoot at night otherwise, and talk about doing it, from what I’ve seen of their general demeanour.
He also could be an actual scum medic, something Webadict proposed last game.

I know Snow's alignment is no longer a mystery, making it too late to ponder on the topic for more than a single post, but I was thinking he was in the exact same circumstances as me.  I didn't say anything because I wanted to wait and see his response to gauge a touch more intel.  Ruining a person's prodding by jumping in to speak for/defend someone is never good (at least, unless that someone doesn't speak on their own, as it seems). This is why I advocated for not hammering here:

I believe everyone deserves at least a chance to attempt to explain themselves. :)

Unfortunately, as we all know, this was prevented due to a premature lynch still being enacted.

Now, with that out of the way, my night action was shooting Maxine, though the status of my armor is yet unknown.  I didn't want to waste a shot, and I really expected EP to kill NJW (the other person I suspected of being scum); however, that did not happen.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2023, 01:29:48 am »

I have terrible reading comprehension

Wait, you also misinterpreted the intricacies of your role?  Maybe I'm not that much of a fool after all! :D

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2023, 02:05:38 am »

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Really hope this is scum + 3P and not scum + scum

What? Why would you immediately assume there was more than one scum left? This is a bit odd, EP.

If there was another alignment, I’m not sure how they’d *survive* in this game. I suspect EuchreJack was intentionally messing with our heads on the Jedi front, whether there is 3p or not.

Claim: I did exactly what you’d surmise (nothing much). Making a difference here.

I, too, have been wondering why I didn’t die last night. I suspect someone wants me around for the elimination. EP should really have shot me… they pretty much committed to it. This way, if I get eliminated, mafia has a win if they can kill in the night.

CanadianKitten:

Pfp
Unvote
Snowkiller

Not going to shoot anyone this night

Given you shot me on night 1, I’m interested in why you said this.
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2023, 02:29:21 am »

literally stormtrooper cadet
well it says I have an auto vest that protects me from a death, and a rifle that can kill "1 player on 1 night"

hold on, did I misunderstand this bit?
I think I might have

With all this in mind, while also taking into account the trust I have in EP for being one of the primary contributors to Quarque's day 1 lynching, I'm once again voting for NJW.  Seems like a relatively open-and-shut case to me!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25