Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15081 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (9/9)? Day 2
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2023, 01:46:43 am »

I want to preface this by apologizing for being inactive yesterday.  Something important came up, but I am now once again able to dedicate 100% of my attention to this.

sofanthiel, Maxine, The Canadian kitten: Please claim your night actions.

Did the exact same thing as you; I just used armor on myself because, well, better safe than dead!  It looks like I should've gone with my second choice by using it on Max instead, but the past's unfortunately in the past.  Rest in peace. :'(

Currently, I'm pretty certain Crystal is town.  Both of the people they claimed to have attempted to explode did in fact confirm it, and orchestrating that while alone would've been nigh impossible.  The only world in which that isn't the case is one where a grenade-thrower role is scum-aligned.  EP is also high on my townie list, as he was the first to accuse Quarque without ever stopping the push.
Quarque votes Snowkiller, Maxine immediately unvotes them. It would be weird for scum to do that.

Come to think of it, you're right!  It wouldn't make much sense for anyone trying to hammer to retract their vote that fast.  Both Quarque and Maxine are new, so I doubt they would've been able to come up with that as a defense.

That leaves Snowkiller, CM for staying on the Maxine wagon, and Maxine themselves.

Don't forget yourself!

Thing is, if Max is the only person who died and 2 people claim to have shot him, does that mean mafia didn't kill at all?  Unless they wasted their shot on Max, of course, which would mean they're newer; Max was already getting filled with space lead either way.  I'm actually leaning toward one of the admitted murderers.  That means it's either NJW or Maxine.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 7) Day 2
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2023, 02:03:46 am »

Do you really think scum wouldn’t have extra killing power? They had it last game.

Also, I don’t want to talk about your role, but I think you should reread the OP and your role PM.
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2023, 02:34:43 am »

I'm undecided if Mafia will get an armoured-piercing every night kill, or just a regular every night kill.

Jack said he nerfed the rebels a lot.  Even if there is extra killing power, it's probably in the form of an armor-penetrating rifle at most, which is just more reason to suspect you two.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2023, 09:24:37 am »

I agree that Crystal is most likely town. I don't see what a scum!CM would have to gain from (a) claiming a multikill, and (b) using his multikill on two players town currently wanted dead.

I no longer especially suspect you for, well, NJW will get it.

I have reached a similar conclusion regarding nightkills, but I think you've gone too far. If we're dealing with only one scum, it's entirely possible that they had no means of killing a player in one night, meaning that anyone who shot is one the table. And they could've no-killed just to mess with us, too.

Anyway, who shot Crystallizedmire?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2023, 09:30:30 am »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2023, 09:48:00 am »

I suppose it could've been Max, especially if nobody reports getting supplied (?).

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2023, 09:48:40 am »

Huh?  So did Crystal both attack and block an attack?  Guess I somehow completely missed that part while glancing over their account.  Is that part of the grenade special ability, or am I just very confused about how the armor mechanic functions?  I thought it's a choice between shooting and defending once per night. :|

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2023, 09:50:49 am »

OK, guess the cat's put of the bag: everyone else got an automatic, self-only vest.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2023, 10:06:47 am »

Unvote, by the way. I totally forgot I was voting you.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2023, 10:22:17 am »

Welp, this sucks.

By the way, are we allowed to PM each other?  I know this aspect is usually game-specific, but there is no mention of it in the rules.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2023, 10:34:47 am »

Ask the mod if you like but I would assume no.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2023, 10:47:01 am »

Welp, this sucks.

By the way, are we allowed to PM each other?  I know this aspect is usually game-specific, but there is no mention of it in the rules.
Unless the mod specifically says so, absolutely not.

And yep, that’s why I asked you not to talk about it. Please don’t talk about it any further, whether you think it matters or not.

Unless you think you can help to mechanically solve the game that way, but right now that almost definitely isn’t the case.

Well. That leaves the night a bit less clear. I can see Max shooting CM, given the conviction he was going to die. I can see scum doing it and claiming it, but not just doing it without claiming it because it’s a pretty reasonable person to shoot

Ok, here’s an extremely tenuous idea: from their “pop a vest and chill” comment, I suspect Snowkiller didn’t actually read the role pm carefully enough to know their vest was automatic. Especially as they’d probably always shoot at night otherwise, and talk about doing it, from what I’ve seen of their general demeanour.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2023, 11:10:23 am »

I don't see Max not shooting unless he was using his role action, which nobody has claimed to be the recipient of, so barring someone failing to claim a shot, I think he probably shot Crystallizedmire.

Your explanation perfectly explains why Snowkiller wouldn't have shot last night, which was the last question holding me back from lynching him today. (He also could be an actual scum medic, something Webadict proposed last game.) He's handled this game differently from the last, jumping straight to lurking/trolling where he played legit D1 before; there are any number of reasons he might do that, but him rolling scum is a plausible one. Him being scum would also explain why Quarque was so eager to hop on his wagon—he knew it'd get him towncred.

If Snowkiller flips town, you'll be back on the chopping block.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2023, 11:12:56 am »

Snowkiller could also have shot sofanthiel or Max, I guess

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2023, 11:34:38 am »

I don’t think he’d shoot max, after last game, but maybe sofathanthiel.

I doubt I will survive the night if Snowkiller flips town. I guess my main suspect would be Crystallized, and after that… guess I’d better make a last before we elim.

Snowkiller - I think that’s two votes, so please nobody else put a vote there until we’re ready, this payer is willing to self-vote.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25