Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15234 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (9/9)? Day 1
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2023, 02:11:54 pm »

I'm just saying, expect these kinds of statements from me. What you do with them is up to you!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2023, 02:12:43 pm »

Fair enough.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2023, 03:57:30 pm »

CanadianKitten: no readslist yet is ok, but it's time to start thinking about other player's motivations. At this point, which players do you think want somebody dead? Which don't?

Apologies for leaving this question hanging, I have been meaning to answer this but real life got in the way.

I had the thought of Snowkiller gunning for EP as I get the general vibe that they hold grudges and may just be waiting till night to shoot and hope someone had the same idea  Not to mention Snowkiller's lack of interest in the game sort of ticks me, but then I haven't really been active with the game so I don't know if I can judge or not.

Highly doubt EP wants anyone dead right now as they are simply pressure voting?

Quarque and Sofa tries pressure voting Snowkiller who generally do not respond to really anything happening

I'll put Maxine as maybe the suspicious one to me just because of the third-party question vibe feeling off.
However, vibes are generally not evidence (I think) and frankly I don't think I have enough to go on to cast an actual vote (assuming I feel confident enough to start voting)

I can't really find other motivation of people with current information, and I don't think I could answer this question to satisfaction but, I think lurking with an unanswered question is worse.

Actually, I feel that my answer is terrible enough to be active-lurking. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2023, 04:19:20 pm »

I don't see any reason to think Snowkiller was intentionally disregarding the game and didn't just fail to notice, but I'm pretty sure that, if you WANT him to hold a grudge and refuse to cooperate, accusing him of doing it on purpose out of spite sure sounds like a good way to do it.

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2023, 04:43:34 pm »

It doesn't matter anyway. The vest is only good for one shot. So if you get multi-shot, you still take the L.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2023, 04:44:26 pm »

Personally, I 100% read Snowkiller's post as trolling and was simply waiting to say anything until closer to the end of the day in the hope I was wrong. I wish TKc had done the same, but I can't fault her for coming to the same conclusion.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2023, 04:44:44 pm »

*him. I thought the anger symbol was a bow lol

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2023, 04:49:52 pm »

For me, that's a fascinating insight into how people make these sort of assumptions.

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2023, 04:54:31 pm »

For me, that's a fascinating insight into how people make these sort of assumptions.
Even if it were, there could still be a male behind the profile.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2023, 05:19:57 pm »

Even if it were, there could still be a male behind the profile.
Exactly. The avatar doesn't mean anything.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2023, 05:52:45 pm »

Reads below. Quite a few scumreads, want to filter that down.

TOWN
Sofathaniel - playful, aggressive. Damn fine job if they're scum.
CrystalizedMire - being genuinely helpful re: Snowkiller, thought I might be scum and put a vote there. Not a huge amount to go on, but I think I see town thought processes.

NULL - NEED TO SEE MORE FROM THESE PEOPLE
Snowkiller - hasn't said much yet. That can change.
Quarque - a riddle wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a weird take. This post just wildly misunderstands a Sofanthiel post, and that's like the majority of their play. Focus on snowkiller isn't good, but I like the willingness to post reads and suggest killing people.
CanadianKitten - Some big posts, and lots of RVS questions. Gave me a very detailed and thought-out answer... but just has minor a gut read on Maxine. They're not voting anyone, they're not asking any difficult questions, they're not even speculating much about the setup. They seem smart, so why aren't they helping?

LEAN SCUM:
ElephantParade - still don't like their defending/answering questions for another player. Seeing a bit more interest in finding scum now... this may genuinely be a playstyle difference between us, but I'm not fully satisfied.
Maxine - aggressive and engaged, props for that. I didn't love their attack on CrystalisedMire here as it was something that had already been discussed and dropped. The vote on Snowkiller is a bit heavy-handed given last game too, these are less-than-helpful shots at newer players.
MaximumSpin - seemed a bit self-conscious at the start, great deal of chit-chat now. Gut is murmuring scum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowkiller, CanadianKitten and anyone else who isn't sure where to start with this game, I made a few notes below. It's not much, but it might be worth a look.

I'm not doing the above out of kindness. More than half of us may die tonight, so I need every player to start trying to find mafia. Or in the case of actual mafia, I need them to pretend to. Even weak but genuine scumhunting could help me identify the town players, but if people stay on the sidelines, I can't figure out their alignment.
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2023, 06:03:26 pm »

NJW didn't vote for you, he just pressured.

No, I think you might be confusing Crystal for me.  If anything, NJW expressed that I should be spared from the democracy war hammer here:
Max: apart from Sofa, is anyone looking fun enough for you to let them live?

I don't like how CM and sofanthiel jumped on your bandwagon, though they did the same thing last game as town and they've been pretty active.

For your information, I was the second to vote NJW after Max, and you did so after me!

I don't see any reason to think Snowkiller was intentionally disregarding the game and didn't just fail to notice

True, but, even now, has Snow contributed much to the conversation?  The only game-related thing he stated was his intention to use a vest tonight.  Still a lot better than nothing; however, a bit more involvement is always appreciated :)

Exactly. The avatar doesn't mean anything.

Extreme Rotation, what does YOUR avatar mean, hm?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2023, 06:07:26 pm »

Extreme Rotation, what does YOUR avatar mean, hm?
It is an accurate self-portrait.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2023, 06:10:40 pm »

Wait, Maxine was actually the first person to vote Snowkiller, not Sofanthiel. I hadn't realized that Maxine had voted him at all. I'm bumping Quarque up a sus level for being the third person to join the SK wagon.

ElephantParade - still don't like their defending/answering questions for another player. Seeing a bit more interest in finding scum now... this may genuinely be a playstyle difference between us, but I'm not fully satisfied.
I didn't cut you off to defend Crystallizedmire, I did it to attack you—that is, to scumhunt. Is calling someone out on a strange attack not a valid line of questioning?

I also find it strange that you have Maxine as scum lean with one of your two points in favor of that being their vote on Snowkiller, something two other players—one at the top of your town list, the other in the middle of null!—immediately joined them on, and something they removed a few posts later in fear of a self-hammer. I am also fairly sure that Maxine themselves has not played mafia (on this forum?) before. In short, you continue to not really make any sense to me.

I'm keeping my vote on Quarque until they make good on their promise but you're vying with them for my top elimination candidate.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2023, 06:20:13 pm »

Yeah, I guess the thing Max was saying about context applies here. Although I don’t really *like* any of the snow killer votes. As the post itself very clearly states, there are other considerations. That shouldn’t be hard to understand.

You do seem awfully concerned with the defending thing… I unvoted you over it, but apparently suspecting you at all gets a response. Interesting.

Also, I don’t know how experienced Maxine is, but to be honest, they seem good. Not all new players get held to the same standard, I’m afraid.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25