Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15080 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (9/9)? Day 1
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2023, 09:18:43 pm »

MaximumSpin: Not everybody posts the day the game starts, especially when it starts in the evening. Why declare your absence in advance?

The Canadian kitten: Why is your username written in sentence case?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2023, 10:34:30 pm »

The Canadian kitten: Why is your username written in sentence case?

I don't remember if I had a reason for it, and did not really notice until you pointed it out.

I don't really know what questions to ask during this time which I'm assuming would be RVS unless I assume wrong.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2023, 04:54:09 am »

Elephant Parade: If you were able and had to lynch someone right now, who would it be?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2023, 05:26:27 am »

Well, timezones are going to be a thing I guess. For what worth this has, I'm just your standard cadet hoping to catch me some rebel scum. Now the "fun" part, to poke and prod at everyone a little.

NJW2000: I know nothing about you as a mafia player, what should I know about you?

Quarque: As above.

sofanthiel: What did you do wrong last game? How is it going to affect your play this game?

Snowkiller: Given the overlap in players, how do you think your prior game will affect this game, if at all?

Elephant Parade: Do you perceive any unique challenges or issues from this set up compared to a regular game?

The Canadian kitten: What is your favourite Star Wars movie? And what sort of third party do you think we'll see, if any?

Crystalizedmire: If you had to pick now, who would you shoot tonight? Also pretty please don't draw me being an idiot after this is all over, even if I turn out to be one. I'll cry. :-\

Maximum Spin: Of the people here, who would you want for a scum partner? Why?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2023, 05:46:22 am »

sofanthiel: What did you do wrong last game? How is it going to affect your play this game?

I maintained neutrality under the guise of informed indecisiveness for the majority of day 1.  The effect of this mistake on my play was already pretty apparent on the second day of that same game; I don't want to be lynched, so I'm going to more freely take sides and accuse others.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2023, 08:22:35 am »

Crystalizedmire: If you had to pick now, who would you shoot tonight? Also pretty please don't draw me being an idiot after this is all over, even if I turn out to be one. I'll cry. :-\
Okay so who would I shoot. Uhhh, *uses random number generator* Elephant Parade.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2023, 10:34:00 am »

NJW2000: I know nothing about you as a mafia player, what should I know about you?

Quarque: As above.
Well I only played one game of mafia before and in that one I did terrible. If you're curious, it was called "Traitor's Dagger Mini-Mafia" and I won as scum because other players failed to post at all. Undeserved, people saw through me from a mile away.

Why did you mention your role this early, by the way?

NJW2000: what is your strategy going to be this game?

sofanthiel: You said you're going to accuse others because you don't want to be lynched. If you're a town player, winning does not depend on whether you are lynched or not, are you aware of this?

Snowkiller: I saw what happened last game, are you okay again?

Elephant Parade: what's with the silly questions?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2023, 11:01:20 am »

sofanthiel: You said you're going to accuse others because you don't want to be lynched. If you're a town player, winning does not depend on whether you are lynched or not, are you aware of this?

Yes; however, self-preservation is an instrumental goal for each member of either team to win.  A tonwnie being lycnhed on day 1 is 1 less townie + a wasted lynch (this applies to mafia as well), and one thing I do know for sure is that I'm on my own team, whichever team that is ;p

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2023, 11:03:55 am »

s/lycnhed/lynched

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2023, 11:07:38 am »

Elephant Parade: If you were able and had to lynch someone right now, who would it be?
I found MaximumSpin's post slightly odd so I guess he's marginally, and I mean marginally, more likely to be scum than anyone else at this point. So him or one of my fellow newbies.

Elephant Parade: Do you perceive any unique challenges or issues from this set up compared to a regular game?
In a normal game, most or all of the town's killing power comes from day eliminations, which are determined by consensus. In this game, much of the town's killing power comes from nightkills, which are determined by the individual. Using our kills judiciously will be a challenge for all of us.

Elephant Parade: what's with the silly questions?
The question I aimed at MS was quite serious. The question I aimed at TKc wasn't, but it was something that'd been bugging me for a while.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2023, 01:44:56 pm »

Spoiler: replies (click to show/hide)

Some interesting stuff happening already. Some of it to save for later, but interesting nonetheless.

Max seems unusually self-conscious.

Okay so who would I shoot. Uhhh, *uses random number generator* Elephant Parade.
Crystalizedmire: So nothing anyone has said has given you any opinion about their alignment? Not even any faint stirrings in your gut, saying "they're hiding something"? No other reasons to want someone alive or dead?

Don't hide behind dice rolls or helplessness. You're going to have to play at some point, might as well start now.

Also, aren't there certain prerequisites to shooting someone, or is it a foregone conclusion?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2023, 01:50:28 pm »

MaximumSpin: Not everybody posts the day the game starts, especially when it starts in the evening. Why declare your absence in advance?
I always like to get the first post if I can, to set the tone. But I thought you'd like to be aware that I wouldn't be making a second one at that juncture.
It worked, anyway: the next two posts both directly responded to it.

I found MaximumSpin's post slightly odd so I guess he's marginally, and I mean marginally, more likely to be scum than anyone else at this point. So him or one of my fellow newbies.
You really dislike any challenge to the status quo, huh?

I don't really know what questions to ask during this time which I'm assuming would be RVS unless I assume wrong.
It's only RVS if you decide to V R-ly.
And I do not mean "random".

Maximum Spin: Of the people here, who would you want for a scum partner?
Known fun-hater NJW2000.

Oh, now he posts. Voting anyway.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2023, 02:03:50 pm »

Crystalizedmire: So nothing anyone has said has given you any opinion about their alignment? Not even any faint stirrings in your gut, saying "they're hiding something"? No other reasons to want someone alive or dead?

Don't hide behind dice rolls or helplessness. You're going to have to play at some point, might as well start now.

Also, aren't there certain prerequisites to shooting someone, or is it a foregone conclusion?
Nobody has given me an opinion of their alignment either because I'm bad at reading people, the conversation ball hasn't gotten moving yet, or both.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2023, 02:04:25 pm »

I always like to get the first post if I can, to set the tone. But I thought you'd like to be aware that I wouldn't be making a second one at that juncture.
It worked, anyway: the next two posts both directly responded to it.
Fair enough.

You really dislike any challenge to the status quo, huh?
Did I not emphasize the word marginally enough?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2023, 02:09:12 pm »

*Rolls a D9*

Uh, NJW2000.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25