Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15084 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (9/9)? Day 1
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2023, 02:14:29 pm »

Crystalizedmire: If you had to pick now, who would you shoot tonight? Also pretty please don't draw me being an idiot after this is all over, even if I turn out to be one. I'll cry. :-\
Okay so who would I shoot. Uhhh, *uses random number generator* Elephant Parade.
Crystalizedmire: So nothing anyone has said has given you any opinion about their alignment? Not even any faint stirrings in your gut, saying "they're hiding something"? No other reasons to want someone alive or dead?

Don't hide behind dice rolls or helplessness. You're going to have to play at some point, might as well start now.

Also, aren't there certain prerequisites to shooting someone, or is it a foregone conclusion?
It is unsurprising to me that CM had no scumreads eight posts into the game. The phrasing of Maxine's question also implied that they had to shoot, so why are you acting like they're dumb for assuming they did? I'm getting weird vibes from you, NJW.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2023, 02:36:51 pm »

Finally able to do this stuff now

The Canadian kitten: What is your favourite Star Wars movie? And what sort of third party do you think we'll see, if any?

Revenge of the Sith is my favourite, and if we have a third party I think it might be something from the Zann Consortium due to it being one of the factions in Empire of war I think, and according to Wookiepedia, they were attacking both Empire and rebels and corrupting systems for piracy.
Other than that, no other clues about which star wars faction would be powerful enough to want to sabotage the Empire
Who knows, maybe the Ewoks?

Give me some time to come up with questions to ask.
Should I be posting scumreads even if I largely lack the meta knowledge to properly read some people?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2023, 02:54:58 pm »

Give me some time to come up with questions to ask.
Should I be posting scumreads even if I largely lack the meta knowledge to properly read some people?
Sure, just specify which ones you don't have meta knowledge for
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2023, 03:09:05 pm »

Oh, now he posts. Voting anyway.
Still self-conscious. Is this just due to being the D1 elim last game?

Nobody has given me an opinion of their alignment either because I'm bad at reading people, the conversation ball hasn't gotten moving yet, or both.
I see. And my other question?

It is unsurprising to me that CM had no scumreads eight posts into the game. The phrasing of Maxine's question also implied that they had to shoot, so why are you acting like they're dumb for assuming they did? I'm getting weird vibes from you, NJW.
Don't defend people until they've finished answering my questions. And DO NOT answer questions for them.

Sofanthiel is schooling you here, EP.
One wheel short of a wagon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2023, 03:13:21 pm »

Don't defend people until they've finished answering my questions. And DO NOT answer questions for them.

Sofanthiel is schooling you here, EP.
Self-centered bastard that I am, I decided that calling you out on what seemed like a forced-even-for-RVS line of attack was more important than letting CM respond to it properly.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2023, 03:16:01 pm »

Do you think you could apply your wealth of mafia knowledge to working out why I would force a line of attack during RVS?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2023, 03:17:46 pm »

Do you think you could apply your wealth of mafia knowledge to working out why I would force a line of attack during RVS?
Self-centered bastard that I am, I decided that calling you out on what seemed like a forced-even-for-RVS line of attack was more important than letting CM respond to it properly.
Come on, man. I found it forced even by RVS standards. You might disagree, obviously, but at least acknowledge what I said.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2023, 03:24:43 pm »

Nobody has given me an opinion of their alignment either because I'm bad at reading people, the conversation ball hasn't gotten moving yet, or both.
The reason I didn't answer the other question is because I that it meant if there were certain enforced prerequisites to shooting someone. Since I'm new here it seems like I'll just shoot anyone who I find suspicious and other people know who that person is but I haven't tested this rule out.
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2023, 03:27:12 pm »

The reason I didn't answer the other question is because I that it meant if there were certain enforced prerequisites to shooting someone. Since I'm new here it seems like I'll just shoot anyone who I find suspicious and other people know who that person is but I haven't tested this rule out.
Fair enough. Unvote.

Elephant Parade.

There are unforced lines of attack during RVS, I've caught people two posts into the game before. So I have no idea what the massive text in your post even means.

In any case, forced bullshit in RVS is useful. It can make people slip up, get tempers flaring, set scum on edge. It makes waves and gets the game going. It can lead to people revealing that they're much more nervous than they should be.

Of course, it can't do any of that if an experienced player swoops in, answers questions for the newer one, and attacks the person making waves in RVS. But that's even more interesting.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2023, 03:31:07 pm »

Is NJW usually like this?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2023, 03:31:53 pm »

I've been thinking about it and I don't think we should pre-announce who we intend to shoot. Last game, the mafia had a member who could interfere with kills by redirecting them from one player to another; it wouldn't surprise me if they once again had access to some kind of kill interference ability, if not that particular one. Saying who we intend to shoot has obvious advantages, but it'd let them use that power (assuming it exists) much better.

Elephant Parade.

There are unforced lines of attack during RVS, I've caught people two posts into the game before. So I have no idea what the massive text in your post even means.

In any case, forced bullshit in RVS is useful. It can make people slip up, get tempers flaring, set scum on edge. It makes waves and gets the game going. It can lead to people revealing that they're much more nervous than they should be.

Of course, it can't do any of that if an experienced player swoops in, answers questions for the newer one, and attacks the person making waves in RVS. But that's even more interesting.
I am aware that people sometimes force lines of attack in RVS and that there are legitimate reasons to do so. I thought your attack was EXTREMELY forced, so much so that it stood out even in RVS. I thought that the value to town from immediately asking wtf you were smoking exceeded the value from letting CM naturally respond, as I think genuine attacks are more valuable than forced ones.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2023, 03:32:31 pm »

NJW2000: Honestly don't know what to ask other than how likely is everyone just going to shoot everyone? Based on when you last played this

Quarque: Did you learn anything from Traitor's Dagger mini-mafia?

sofanthiel: The fact that you're rolling a D9 implies that you could have self-voted. Are you willing to do so, even its harmful to your continued presence of playing this game?

Maxine: What makes you think that you will play poorly/stupidly?

Snowkiller: Not sure what to ask other than, Did you learn something new from that last game?

Elephant Parade: What sort of vibes and why are you getting those weird vibes from NJW2000?

Crystalizedmire: Did you learn anything from the previous game that was ran?

Maximum Spin: What is the status quo you're referring to? if you don't mind me asking?

Turns out I can't bring myself to make some kind of scum vibe list.
I just don't know enough to read people and don't have enough vibes/information to make a vote that I can make an argument for.

All I really know from reading past mafia games is that 1. MaxSpin is really hard to read so he get lynched or makes people suspicious of him, and 2. (not relevant to this game) That "asshole" Web is town Web (i think).

Sure meta reads of veteran players get talked alot, but those two are the ones I seem to only remember and could maybe make use of.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2023, 03:34:14 pm »

Don't hide behind dice rolls or helplessness. You're going to have to play at some point, might as well start now.

*Rolls a D9*

Uh, NJW2000.
Voting Sofanthiel.
I see multiple scumtells and you aren't completely new to the game anymore.

You seem to primarily show interest in your own survival.
No effort so far to prod people or actively figure them out.
Using your vote to punish people for voting on you (ie trying to survive) - and / or a random vote.

I hope you understand why this looks suspicious?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2023, 03:35:58 pm »

Crystalizedmire: Did you learn anything from the previous game that was ran?
Yes! I have learned that sometimes a scum would rat out their scum partner even though neither of them is under threat.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2023, 03:38:14 pm »

Elephant Parade: What sort of vibes and why are you getting those weird vibes from NJW2000?
For the fourth time, NJW's attack on CM felt extremely forced to me. I think that's scummy because multiple factors (desire to push the conversation in a particular direction, difficulty coming up with 'genuine' attacks except against a real or imagined third party) incentivize scum to force attacks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25