Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost my weapon  (Read 856 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Lost my weapon
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »

The save file was damaged, so i used a backup save and started a new axedwarf.
When I was fighting a hippo, the iron battle axe got stuck and carried away by the hippo. I saw the hippo drop the axe on the ground later, but my character just ran into world map and forced to travel away for severl tiles. :mad:
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my weapon
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »

Was this on a random encounter or in a preset location (cave, fortress, tower, etc.)?

Random encounters' maps are not saved, AFAIK. Preset locations' maps are saved, and objects are scattered around the map.

Ergo, if it was a random encounter, your axe is lost. Otherwise, you can search the map to try to find it.

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »

I'm not sure about the random encounter bit, but when you leave a map, it doesn't store the location of the item you dropped. So when you return, the item will be somewhere in the area, you have to go all over to find it.

Anyway, just go to a nearby town. If you ever went to a ruin, you should be overladen with treasure, enough to easily get a new axe.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »

Yeah, it is a random encounter map.
I didn't realize that until I found the map will be changed everytime.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!