- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 27680 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2023, 09:36:03 am »

1 Wood cut, 1 Gold taxed. Two soldiers buried...

Spending 2 Gold to hire 1 more units.
And Sending 4 Gold to Castle Brockelstien in exchange for 1 Boat and 2 wood.

Land a scout at T13, exploring to R11.
Land a scout at T12, exploring to T10.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 09:46:54 am by Egan_BW »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New orders:

Send a boat to Point Swearing
Buy an extra army from the 2 gold
Send the full 9 armies to D12 to deal with the wisps

On offer:
1 more boat (2 gold)
2 wood (1 gold a piece)

outdated orders, see below

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 10:54:42 am by Quarque »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, 1-1 gold for wood? I will trade for 2 wood from you as well. The sooner I can get a proper ship, the better.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, 1-1 gold for wood? I will trade for 2 wood from you as well. The sooner I can get a proper ship, the better.
Pleasure doing bussiness, madam.

New orders:

Send a boat and 2 wood to Point Swearing
Buy two extra armies from the 4 gold from the sale
Send the full 10 armies to D12 to deal with the wisps

edit for updated bookkeeping:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 11:01:06 am by Quarque »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 1 gains losses:
Gold -6
Army +3
P13
Army -2
Gold +2

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 2 (click to show/hide)

A question for the GM, can we un-archer a unit and take their bow back?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

A question for the GM, can we un-archer a unit and take their bow back?
Good question, but no. Once they're trained as archers, that's what they are.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their arm muscles tragically become too developed to ever hold a spear or sword again. :p

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 2
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2023, 10:54:00 am »

If I receive any troops/engines from Marquise Vulk, they also attend the Siege of Fort Heather.
This sort of order is quite difficult for me, as I then have to search through a thread to find out what's what.  Looks like he's sent 4 to you, so I'll accept it this time, but best avoid conditional orders in future.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

My plan was to update my post if/when I find the other half of that deal, as Criptfeind hadn't posted yet. I'll do that now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah damn, I knew I forgot something. Forgot to reply to this, sorry for taking 1 million years to remember.

I'm not sure what an open border policy would entail in this game.
Basically standing orders that allow either of us to use the other's territory to travel.

There's also the matter of the thorn fort @P11. I expect you will claim it as being in your sphere of influence. I can either sell you a siege engine (when you need it) or I can try and siege it myself (you would be compensated).

For standing orders to use each others territory to travel; I don't have any objection to this specifically I think? However as far as I know, armies and the like don't really "exist" on the map or "travel" so much, so even if we somewhat entangle there's no need to travel though each others lands unless we want to either work together on attacking an enemy that only one of us can reach or for one person to start expanding a disconnected chunk past the other person territory. That first case being something that'd be fairly obviously well telegraphed and coordinated and the second seems like maybe not a great idea, at least as far as I can tell.

For the thorn fort, although it is technically possible for you to own that without cutting me off from the west thanks to the magic of diagonals, you're right that I'd be a bit uncomfortable with you having it given it's location and the implications it has for my westward expansion. At the same time, it is an (extremely dubious :P) part of the "bonus" that you purchased at the start, so I feel like you have some stake of ownership in it as well. My plan was sorta just to expand towards it asap and take it down sooner rather then later, but I'm going to have to somewhat slow my rate of expansion now that I sold half my army too our Prince. So it seems entirely possible, perhaps even likely, that you'll be capable of taking it before I am, I am not sure exactly what I think we should do. A realistic approach may simply be for you to take it if you want it and for me to have to suck it up. I wouldn't exactly be happy with that scenario but it doesn't seem unreasonable either :P. I don't think it's a huge deal either way though, to be clear.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 01:05:44 pm by Criptfeind »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scout
Assign one army to scout any unexplored area within three squares of your border: the scout will reveal the contents of every tile it passes through. If it reaches an occupied tile, it will return home with a report. If it reaches a hill, it will give a land report of adjacent territories (though they won't know what features the land contains or whether it's defended).
If a scout reaches a hill, it only reports on adjacent land if the hill is not occupied. Is this correct? If so, I guess you have a reason to scout hills again later even if you already know everything about it and conquered it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Conquering hills also produces a hill report. It wasn't clear in the OP, but this was the logical design choice here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
Looting: 2 Gold.
Production: 2 Gold, 1 Wood, 1 Army.
Purchasing: 3 Stone for 6 Gold.
Gift 1 Gold to the Prince for his work with the libraries.
Assign 1 Army to Fort Bowyer (K13)
Repair Fort Bowyer to 6/6 Defense with 2 Wood and 1 Stone.
March on J13 with 1 Army.
March on K12 with 3 Armies.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

TURN 2 REPORTS

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

TURN 3

Research

Countess Andice Gloronisits learns that in R6 are the Saint's Knuckles (take -1 when rolling on the monster table (usually less dangerous results))

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns that in A7 is the Wolf Crystal (wolves encountered will join the army instead (they still all run away when injured)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 03:56:11 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Edit: (accidental double post)!

Notes
- This turn had our first site discovery not-from-the-library! Expect more sites and lairs as you move westward.
- No reprisals this round, but next round...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 03:32:12 am by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52