- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 27693 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)
orders updated.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Actually I just assumed that trade between players is possible, but now that I look I notice it's not listed in the op. Can we trade resources/artifacts between each other notquitethere?
Sure, let's say players can send any resources/artefacts etc..

Also, how exactly do siege engines work?
Each siege weapon spent gives you +1 to attacking castles.
I'm assuming this is for one entire turn.
Yes:

You can assign seige weapons when attacking forts and castles, they are expended whether the attack is successful or not.

So the seige engines are spent on the first attack, and if you're still beseiging in subsequent turns, you can always get more engines.

I think you used an old version of my orders (updated about 14 hours before the turn). Which may have been a blessing.
My apologies. A fair warning: I sometimes start processing a turn as and when the orders come in, so if someone changes things after I've processed their bit, I might miss it. I've noticed this turn's edits.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Trading makes for more of an interesting co-op experience, so I'll be nice and let it be instant like other kinds of purchases.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

The tile colors for march and hill are a bit too similar for my liking.

Edit: Also, I assumed that I couldn't, but can I transport 3 scouts to the same starting point with one boat?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 08:28:26 am by Egan_BW »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

The tile colors for march and hill are a bit too similar for my liking.
How's this?

Edit: Also, I assumed that I couldn't, but can I transport 3 scouts to the same starting point with one boat?
I'll allow it, though they might all turn back if the starting point is occupied.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But they don't scout the starting point, because you can't scout from a boat. ;p

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Actually I just assumed that trade between players is possible, but now that I look I notice it's not listed in the op. Can we trade resources/artifacts between each other notquitethere?
Sorry I missed this, but yes I'd be willing to trade. Once we figure out a fair exchange. Another artifact would be obvious, but it's all moot 'til we get to it!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

But they don't scout the starting point, because you can't scout from a boat. ;p
The landing point gets scouted though. The boat has to stop somewhere.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the sake of clarity, I edited my order to attack the lair with 5 wisps head on.

If I understand correctly these take at least 5 combat rounds to defeat. A terrible fight, but I have to. If this lair spawns additional monsters I am basically dead, because 5 wisps + one more monster group is almost impossible to defeat and they would attack my castle eventually.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2023, 09:03:51 am »

1 Wood cut, 1 Gold taxed. Two soldiers buried...

Spending 4 Gold to hire 2 more units.

Land 3 scouts at T12.
From there, scout up to T10, R10, and T13.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 09:36:18 am by Egan_BW »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry I missed this, but yes I'd be willing to trade. Once we figure out a fair exchange. Another artifact would be obvious, but it's all moot 'til we get to it!

Right now I could offer a siege equipment (2 wood rather) and 4 armies right now to help you take the fort I guess as part of the price, I'm confident you'll get it eventually (or, you know, die lol)

Although yeah I have no idea how to value it, so maybe just a decent artifact makes the most sense if I get one someday.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I guess starting on an island has some associated downsides. It's harder for me to scout many places or hit a single point in force from this position without more boats, which cost either a stiff 4 gold or two turns worth of wood. If I could get a forest I could cut that in half, which is probably why the Squelch are protecting their copse over there so thoroughly!

Though, there's no mechanic for Thornish or Squelch or Monsters to own boats, so I'm effectively immortal so long as nobody stabs me in the back. Or maybe an extremely unlucky dragon placement could fly over the water and burn me. :p

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

That is the wonder of Artifacts, they defy valuation. But I think I will accept your offer of four Armies and two wood. That's quite a lot in these early stages of the game, and I enjoy the image of you growing your skeletal hordes.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

boats, which cost either a stiff 4 gold or two turns worth of wood.
I can sell you a boat for 2 gold if you like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, that would increase my odds of finding somewhere safe to march on...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52