- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 28005 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 10 - RECKONING
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2023, 09:11:50 am »

Just a quick statsheet update, positive some comments/questions:

Were all five casualties of the Spire mine?
Fort Heather (H13)'s icon needs updating to show 4 Defence
Do other players beed access permission to reach the Alkabrian Outpost?

@Quarque: I know you're concerned about Reprisals atm, would you like a loan? Can pay it back from that Dragon's hoard perhaps?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2023, 09:23:30 am »

@Quarque: I know you're concerned about Reprisals atm, would you like a loan? Can pay it back from that Dragon's hoard perhaps?
Much appreciated, yes I would like to borrow 10 gold. Will repay as soon as possible. And yes we can work out a way to repay from dragon hoard. Killing that thing this turn would make a lot of sense in any case. I can build you a ship for you for 6 wood, or perhaps build it for myself and borrow it to you?

Not committing other orders yet, but of course I'm sending the cat back so you can add it to your sheet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 11 - PEACE
« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2023, 09:35:54 am »

Also, wait getting a castle increases your army capacity by 10? Can you send those armies out to do things or are they stuck defending the castle like a fort?

If you can send them out that seems like a really huge deal when actions are, in theory, somewhat gated by army size, basically doubles the amount of stuff you can do in a turn.

Edit: Also, yes, Kashyyk, how much would you charge to send a scout though your outpost?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:42:47 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »

Were all five casualties of the Spire mine?
No, I've updated it for Bockhoven and FitzHarbort

Fort Heather (H13)'s icon needs updating to show 4 Defence
Do other players beed access permission to reach the Alkabrian Outpost?
I'll fix that shortly.  And it's up to the players involved who has access.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2023, 12:33:41 pm »

Oh, also, in situations like that with a 3 way battle, how is it determined who each army strikes? And if they overkill, are the rest of the rolls on their attack wasted or do they spread to the other enemies?
In a three way fight, each side's attack treats the other two sides as if they were the same, so hits are randomly apportioned and all used up as usual. So in that last fight, if Cuthbert hadn't already ran away, the cats would have killed him at the same time as you.

Also, wait getting a castle increases your army capacity by 10? Can you send those armies out to do things or are they stuck defending the castle like a fort?

If you can send them out that seems like a really huge deal when actions are, in theory, somewhat gated by army size, basically doubles the amount of stuff you can do in a turn.
Yep, it's a mid-game power boost... and if I've built the end-game threats, you'll need it... They work just the same as your first castle, so you can send armies out from them.

Cn the fight vs Cuthbert I think the last femur was activated for some reason, doesn't matter since the cats killed everything.
That was me forgetting to untoggle the option, oops. No harm done.

Also are the crumbled enemy skeletons suppose to strike back on the turn they are crumbled? Makes sense either way but they seem to be doing so in my fight vs the lair, so I thought I'd check. Doesn't matter since they didn't kill anything though. Also the lair doesn't mention that I get the 11 gold from it, I assume I do, but most of the time it says so explicitly in the turn so I figured I'd check.
Yep, you got the treasure, the omission wasn't deliberate. And when they're dead (through crumbling etc.) they shouldn't fight back so that sounds like a bug to me. The code gets pretty fiddly with that bit. I'll have to check.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 12:36:35 pm by notquitethere »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 03, 2023, 12:53:41 pm »

Looks like you missed scouting S1 and didn't mark R4 as a bog.
Also move the Shield of Earth on the known artifacts list.

Also, uhh, if I'm defending a tile with the shield of earth and the 1 defense isn't broken, does it turn into a siege? Does the shield of earth give enemies -1 attack when fighting on hills?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 12:57:12 pm by Egan_BW »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2023, 01:01:43 pm »

Looks like you missed scouting S1 and didn't mark R4 as a bog.
Now fixed.

Also move the Shield of Earth on the known artifacts list.
OK.

Also, uhh, if I'm defending a tile with the shield of earth and the 1 defense isn't broken, does it turn into a siege? Does the shield of earth give enemies -1 attack when fighting on hills?
The description was a bit terse for this one. It doesn't turn into a siege, but while the shield is up, rolls are made as if it was a siege (killing attackers on 7+, defenders on 8+) , but without it being a siege. It has no interaction with hills.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2023, 01:40:35 pm »

PTW

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2023, 01:50:44 pm »

rolls are made as if it was a siege (killing attackers on 7+, defenders on 8+)
To be clear, the owner of the shield is always counting as the "defender", even if it's being brought on a march? What happens if it's brought to a siege? Both sides defend as if siege defenders?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2023, 01:56:58 pm »

rolls are made as if it was a siege (killing attackers on 7+, defenders on 8+)
To be clear, the owner of the shield is always counting as the "defender", even if it's being brought on a march? What happens if it's brought to a siege? Both sides defend as if siege defenders?
Yes to both, you get the benefit from it even if you're marching. And in a siege, both would count as siege defenders while it lasts.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2023, 02:04:04 pm »

Do archers then get +1 against the shield of earth?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 03, 2023, 02:05:34 pm »

I'd think not, since it's not a real siege.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2023, 02:09:14 pm »

I think it should probably cancel out both parts of the archer, as its not a siege but its not open combat. So they don't get +1 vs,  but they also don't die on 5s vs the shield. Makes sense to me that way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2023, 02:10:54 pm »

No downsides for making the shieldcarrier an archer then. They act as normal armies in open combat and get a +1 when attacking forts.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2023, 02:13:55 pm »

Good use. And yes, normal until the shield breaks, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52