Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Frozen Abyss [Turn 3]  (Read 4072 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Abyss
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2023, 05:09:16 am »

Name: Caius Cosades
Description: A grizzled old man dressed in very plain clothing. Grey hair, brown pants and coat. Seems to be unarmed, but not nearly as timid as his vulnerable appearance suggests he should be.

action: take a break from my trip to town to sniff some Moon Sugar.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2023, 07:45:15 am »

Name: Gaiaralus
Description: He is a very short, wiry man, with a pair of light blades that seem too long for his body.
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2023, 07:11:48 pm »

Sees all these actions about people going about their day while mine is about killing and pillaging a nearby settlement. oh Jeez I might have inadvertently made myself the big bad of this game.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2023, 12:26:25 am »

Time to haul a couple casks of my latest brew to the tavern, hopefully for a good price... and a warm meal... and a full flagon. The finest things in life!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2023, 01:22:57 am »

Sees all these actions about people going about their day while mine is about killing and pillaging a nearby settlement. oh Jeez I might have inadvertently made myself the big bad of this game.
Every game needs at least one person like that to keep things interesting.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2023, 09:09:30 am »

Turn 1

Go forth to yonder settlement wherever it is, burn, drag the pathetic wretches from their homes and kill them. Let only few live to tell of the Blackguard.

[1d6 = 1]

Your trek takes you to a settlement at the edge of a dark boreal forest. As your bloodthirsty eyes scour over the gates of the township, the guards are immediately alerted of your presence. "I-It's him! It's the Butcher of the North!" one shouts, and soon soldiers are swiftly unsheathing their blades and notching their arrows towards you. Looks like they were well prepared for you, as they begin to encircle you outside the gates, soberly aware of your merciless propensity for annihilation. "Cryd the Blackguard! Lay down your weapons! By decree of the Visimar Council you are under arrest for your heinous crimes!" the captain of the guard yells at you with menacing intent, his battleworn spear aimed straight at you, along with a half dozen others belonging to his men.

"And you as well, Butcher's ally! Drop your weapons!" he snarls at a short man apparently standing some distance behind you, wielding an axe, his massive beard sticking out beneath his helmet. Apparently they think he is with you, but you've never seen him before. Likely he was just arriving in town, and was unfortunate enough to be doing so at approximately the same time as you.

Search the nearest town for a tavern in which he can obtain alcohol!

[1d6 = 1]

As you are approaching the gates of a town at the edge of a dark boreal forest, there is a hulk of a man walking some distance in front of you, adorned in black armor and wielding a bastard sword. Perhaps you know him for his infamy, perhaps you don't, but the guards certainly do, as they swiftly rally towards him upon seeing his approach, unsheathing their blades and drawing their bowstrings. "Cryd the Blackguard! Lay down your weapons! By decree of the Visimar Council you are under arrest for your heinous crimes!" the captain of the guard yells at the man, his spear pointed towards him.

Meanwhile his half-dozen or so soldiers begin surrounding the both of you, apparently assuming that you are of the same party. "And you as well, Butcher's ally! Drop your weapons!" the captain snarls at you. It seems the timing of your arrival was rather inopportune, resulting in a potentially perilous misunderstanding.

Name: Caius Cosades
Description: A grizzled old man dressed in very plain clothing. Grey hair, brown pants and coat. Seems to be unarmed, but not nearly as timid as his vulnerable appearance suggests he should be.

action: take a break from my trip to town to sniff some Moon Sugar.

[1d6 = 3]

Trekking through the winding roads of a pale frostbitten expanse, you decide to take a break from your travels toward the town of Cresthaven to indulge in a dose of powdery delight. The Moon Sugar quickly hits your system like a trusty sledgehammer, sending you to a world of questionable reality. As you look around with fuddled vision you begin to notice sparkling snow fall from the skies. The flakes land on your hands, glittering prismatically and tingling your senses with their dubious existence. Off the distance, you suddenly notice a vague shadowy figure dressed in a cloak, slowly approaching you. You can't quite make out any of their features, no thanks to your affected vision, but surely they are closing in, their footsteps pounding almost like earthquakes, or maybe it's just the visceral beating of your heart.

Time to haul a couple casks of my latest brew to the tavern, hopefully for a good price... and a warm meal... and a full flagon. The finest things in life!

[1d6 = 5]

You enter the Drunken Duck Tavern, which is bustling with more business than usual. A party of prestigious nobles have occupied a few of the tables, lavish foods and drinks spread all about their presence. As you offer your business to the establishment, the nobles are eager to try out your brew. Upon first sip, they are immediately enchanted by the taste, offering you an extravagant sum of 30 gold pieces for your casks. Additionally, you learn that amongst them is the Chancellor of the Visimar Council - a high ranking officer of the most prominent and powerful organization that rules the region. In fact the Chancellor has become so taken by your drink that he wishes to distribute it throughout the region, if you are able to supply it in bulk. Whether or not you accept the offer, you can bet he and other members of the Visimar Council will be back for more of the lush nectar you presented.

[Items acquired: 30 gold pieces]
[Relations: Visimar Council +1]

Name: Scorgctg
Description: A wiry young woman with yellow eyes and blazing red hair in a braid. Armored in a conical helmet and mail shirt, both of which along with a spear and shield were loosely inherited from a fresh corpse.

Name: Matilda
Description: A large middle aged woman with short dark hair and blue eyes. Dressed in thick furs and wielding an over-sized woodcutters axe, her name crudely carved into the handle.

Name: Gaiaralus
Description: He is a very short, wiry man, with a pair of light blades that seem too long for his body.

You are in the town of Cresthaven, a modest settlement at the edge of a dark boreal forest. The town seems busier than usual, with a group of nobles from the prestigious Visimar Council visiting, mingling and lavishing boisterously in the tavern. In the town square are a number of quieter businesses including a blacksmith, a carpenter, a leatherworker, and an herbalist. Guards seem to be on higher alert than usual. A board of bounties has been recently updated with the Council's seal, presenting a number of potentially lucrative opportunities for the daring adventurer, including the following jobs:

* WANTED: Skulltusk. A dreadboar known to plague the northwestern forests around Cresthaven. Bounty: 10 gold pieces.
   * WANTED: Laak'thar Gruuleye. Leader of a tyrannical group of ogres, known to terrorize the roads and hills south of Cresthaven. Bounty: 30 gold pieces.
   * WANTED: Pylea the Cunning. A female rogue wanted for theft, blackmail, fraud, and murder. Bounty: 15 gold pieces.
   * WANTED: Cryd the Blackguard. A hulking butcher wanted for a large number of crimes including mass murder. Bounty: 50 gold pieces.
   * WANTED: Devilin Nightbane. Leader of a gang of bandits hiding out somewhere in town. Wanted for theft, blackmail, and orchestrated murder. Bounty: 25 gold pieces.
   * WANTED: The Bleeder. A serial killer whose method of killing involves bleeding their victims dry. Bounty: 20 gold pieces.
   * WANTED: Severis the Faint. An assassin wanted for murder, including that of several prominent figures. Bounty: 80 gold pieces
   * WANTED: Frost Gorgon. A creature with the upper body of a female humanoid and the lower body of a serpent. Known to prey on hunters in the northeastern forest regions. Bounty: 30 gold pieces.
   * MISSING: Fredegar Colias. A boy of 12, last seen in the town square. Reward for safe return: 10 gold pieces.

Meanwhile, there seems to be some commotion at the town's gates, as guards have surrounded a couple of people attempting to enter the settlement.

(woah lookie I did an updoot)
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2023, 10:30:24 am »

Make no sudden moves, regard the Captain with emotionless eyes and do not comply with his demands simply stand silently waiting for the right opportunity to attack. If none comes well then I shall simply butcher them all and hold the Captain hostage against his men.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2023, 10:31:29 am »

((Also pah second highest bounty? Lets raise that up some more! Time to get infamous baybee!))

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2023, 11:15:33 am »

Dark fantasy?! Why wasn't i invited?
You taking any more players?

If so, a question: Are magic-wielding characters allowed?
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2023, 12:09:56 pm »

"I am most happy that you enjoy the fruits of my labor, Lord Chancellor, but I do not brew in bulk. Each cask is a delicate, soulful thing, each foamy mug a work of art. I must decline your offer. May I sit with you, perhaps? I cannot help but notice that you have many nobles among your number, yet I see no representatives of the clergy, and - though humility is a virtue and pride a sin - I must say that I make better company than any of the stuffy deacons and cardinals who you courtly folk are used to."

Let's see if the Chancellor is open to my company. There is much to be learned at this one's side, even in idle conversation.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2023, 01:07:29 pm »

Matilda squints at the parchment, furrowing her brow in what may look to some an indicator of deep thought, before tearing off the bounty for Laak'thar Gruuleye and making her way towards the town gates.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2023, 02:31:31 pm »

Off the distance, you suddenly notice a vague shadowy figure dressed in a cloak, slowly approaching you. You can't quite make out any of their features, no thanks to your affected vision, but surely they are closing in, their footsteps pounding almost like earthquakes, or maybe it's just the visceral beating of your heart.

Oh, shit.

Wasn't I supposed to meet some goon for a political subterfuge of some sort? My mind is clouded, I can't remember the details.

Quickly conceal the vial of sugar and walk up to greet him. Maybe if I ask him to identify himself first I can bluff myself through this.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2023, 04:03:11 pm »

I really needed to come up with a better name than that

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2023, 06:15:41 pm »

Dark fantasy?! Why wasn't i invited?
You taking any more players?

If so, a question: Are magic-wielding characters allowed?

Sure! :) As for magic, hmm, yeah should be fine. Ideally it would fit a low-medium fantasy type setting. Or something~

I really needed to come up with a better name than that

I will admit I'm having a hard time knowing how to pronounce it ???
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2023, 06:40:30 pm »

Scoran examines the wanted posters for a little bit, but hearing the commotion at the gates she walks that way.

"What are you waiting for? Do you expect the Blackguard to surrender to you?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4