Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)  (Read 11076 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 2 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2023, 04:39:19 pm »

Acquire club for better Ghoul beating.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 4 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2023, 12:01:36 pm »

Grab both magical quarterstaffs and Maille armor, unless armor prevents spellcasting.  I also grab the pendant.  If I can only get one thing, I grab the pendant. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 07:18:12 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 4
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2023, 05:00:23 pm »

Now Shanks will move onward to the probably trapped treasure chest... Actually Shanks will throw a dagger at the chest before opening it just to be safe Shanks can never be too careful!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

The dagger bounces off the chest, producing both the normal thud of metal on wood as well as the less audible click of some hidden mechanism. A panel of the wall slides down into the ground, revealing a passage behind the chest that leads to another staircase. It seems this is the way up to the third floor. Opening the chest reveals something interesting - a small piece of paper is all that occupies its roomy interior. Glowing runes pulse with a soft yellow light from the page's surface.

Roll Focus: 2+1-2 = 1

Shanks has absolutely no clue what these runes mean.

"I can try, though I don't have any practice. It just runs in my family. I'll give it a shot."
Quickly strip the rings off and see if I can figure out what they do and how to use them.

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
Protect Meleria by whatever means prove necessary.
"Makhios, I am not afraid."

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

Meleria scrambles forwards and expediently wrenches the rings from the hand.

Roll Focus: 3+2-1 = 4

One of the rings seems fairly standard, but the second... as Meleria clutches it, she feels an almost uncomfortable warmth emanate from it, spreading through her palm and up her arm. Putting the ring on, she is quickly able to attune herself to it - time seems to slow down as her mind is occupied by a single image. Despite the chaos of the fight around her, Meleria is focused on the crackling of flame, the shimmering distortion of hot air, the smell of smoke. As the thoughts grow more real, reality shapes itself likewise - a small flame twirls and dances in Meleria's hand. As her attention returns to the ring, she finds it now inert - the magic no longer resides within the trinket, but within her.

New Spell: Immolate (0.5 Arcana, 0.5 Wound, ranged, can ignite enemies for continuous damage)

Meleria's momentary stupor leaves her open to an attack as the newest ghoul hurls itself at her.

Roll Skill-at-arms: 6

The ghoul's pounce is stopped suddenly as it's knocked out of the air by Isolde. The two collide, and the ghoul is sent careening into one of its fellows, bringing both down in a tangle of wiry limbs. Isolde, however, manages to steady herself with relative ease.

Trip the ghoul who attacked Xing Xing. Break the knee.

Roll Conviction: 1, 5+3-2 = 6

With the ghoul already splayed out on the ground after Isolde's timely intervention, Xing Xing has little trouble snapping its knee. The creature writhes about on the ground, hissing and lashing out ineffectively with its claws. Xing Xing finishes by planting the base of her staff in the creature's skull, ending its writhing for good. One step closer to the purification of this vile place. As Xing Xing gazes down at the defeated creature, she cannot help but feel invigorated. Something about this bloody work is undeniably refreshing.

"Hmph, fuckers always travel in packs. Go figure." the old merc' spits to the side then moves to the ghouls flank to strike the back of its neck with his cudgel.

Spoiler: Siegrid (click to show/hide)

Roll Skill-at-arms: 3, 6+2-1 = 7

Siegrid slips behind the other injured ghoul before bringing his club down on its neck. This time, the creature fails to block his blow, and it collapses in a burbling heap as its spine fractures under the well-placed strike. Siegrid issues a quick coup-de-grace to the downed beast, caving in its skull with a final strike. Vague memories of his soldiering years unveil themselves again... Siegrid begins to remember the thrill of the fight, the excitement of staking his life on every fight - and he remembers that he was damn good at it, too.

Perk gained!
Skullcrusher - If an attack with a one-handed mace, cudgel, club, or hammer would leave an enemy 0.5 Wounds or fewer from death, they are instead killed by that attack

Spoiler: Arek (click to show/hide)

Arek, seeing the ghoul, has a sharp but sudden headache which gives him a idea. Arek tried to use if he can drag up any memory of a spell he can use to reanimate the dead ghoul friends.

Roll Hidden

Arek tries delving into his memory. People, places, sounds and sights, all detached from one another... sifting through the mess that remains is like tunneling through sand. With each jumbled memory he tries to cast aside, another pours into its place. Only two things remain constant throughout - suffering... and desire. For the briefest of instants, Arek finds a glimpse of his former power hidden away - only long enough to sense something familiar. Someone or something from his past was unmistakably here.

Acquire club for better Ghoul beating.

With the ghouls all either dispatched or incapacitated, Mu seizes the club on the ground.

Cudgel (one-handed, 0.25 wound)

Finding its balance and weight satisfactory, Mu applies it to some well-deserved ghoul beating.

3, 6+2-2 = 6

The last ghoul is hardly able to shake itself from its stupor before it finds itself on the receiving end of Mu's new club. The creature's fangs are scattered across the room as Mu knocks its jaw out of place. A finishing blow dispatches the last ghoul, leaving the room silent and emptied of undead. The distant chittering of the pack fades away, followed by a clank from a hidden mechanism as doors on the north and south walls slam shut, blocked by heavy stone slabs. The eastern door leads back to the first room, while the western door leads to the unknown.

Grab both magical quarterstaffs and Maille armor, unless armor prevents spellcasting.  I also grab the pendant.  If I can only get one thing, I grab the pendant. 

The guard who's supervising Vaolu chuckles as he take both staves and the pendant.

Roll Focus: 4+3-2 = 5

From just a moment's touch, Vaolu is able to somewhat identify the magics within each staff. One of them brings to mind the unmistakable coppery scent of blood, while the other is more abstract - Vaolu's skin prickles and a shiver runs down his spine as he rests his hand on it. He freezes up for a moment, only to be brought back to reality by the voice of the sneering guard.

"A loner wants all of this? I'm really not interested in having to strip all of this off of your corpse, assuming it isn't lost or destroyed. The pendant's simple enough, but two staves? Give me one good reason why you'd need BOTH of them and I might let you have 'em. Emphasis on might."

Seems like the guard's lending Vaolu an ear, for now.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2023, 05:02:43 pm »

Head WEST

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 12:36:02 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 2 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2023, 05:06:07 pm »

Xing Xing nods. The room is cleared. She then proceeds to take anything useful off the corpse at her feet with a small smile

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 2 (7/8)
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2023, 05:56:43 pm »

Shanks shall grab the other dagger and pocket the strange paper! Then assuming nothing bad happens Shanks shall head upstairs AND assuming nothing bad continues to happen for Shanks, Shanks will rest a bit and study the paper while Shanks waits for others to catch up to Shanks.

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2023, 07:21:35 pm »

"I... I did it! I di-woah!"
I scramble away (abandoning the rings) after being saved by Isolde, still carefully cupping my newfound flame in my hand.
"T-thank you!"
I take a moment to inspect my new flame, get a feel for how I control it and how it is connected to me.

EDIT: After I finish, I'll be following the group as we head west.

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 08:05:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - OPEN
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2023, 12:09:46 am »

"Don't mention it, 'm just glad you're okay. Was that fire?"

Look for anything I could use as a weapon in this room. Then West.

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 05:32:56 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2023, 01:28:30 pm »

"Yeah! One of those rings had fire magic in it!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2023, 01:37:50 pm »

"Ah, fire... It's almost a shame these things are already dead."

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2023, 04:42:23 pm »

"Ah, fire... It's almost a shame these things are already dead."
"Better dead then biting your damn face off. Get a move on we shouldn't linger lest there be more cadavers about."

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2023, 05:34:45 pm »

She glances at the suddenly closed northern and southern doors.
"If there are, they're ahead of us."

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2023, 09:59:59 am »

She glances at the suddenly closed northern and southern doors.
"If there are, they're ahead of us."
"In that case be ready for that. Come along then."

Move forward, but before opening the door we did not enter from, put an ear to it and listen for anything.

"Quiet yourselves a second." the old merc hissed, holding up a finger

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2023, 04:55:13 am »

Sorry, thought I posted a action. Will post later

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2023, 01:34:06 pm »

Sorry, thought I posted a action. Will post later
Sounds good. I will be posting the next turn at some point later today.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12