Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)  (Read 11093 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 2 (7/8)
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2023, 10:18:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(In?)

In. Welcome aboard! Feel free to submit an action - your character is with the rest on the first floor hall.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2023, 10:25:54 pm »

Staff or Poleaxe. No mace...

"Xing Xing will take this Staff for 40 Crowns. Xing Xing will work to pay it off shortly."
Having taken the loan, Xing Xing heads to the first floor. May god protect Xing Xing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2023, 10:47:27 pm »

She shrinks down.
"I-I just mean- It's not nice! Having pointy ears and a tail doesn't really help me out!"
Siegrid never quite understood why folk saw the beastkin as lesser races, he didn't care if they were or weren't.

"Don't matter what you look like kid, I don't care if your purple or have eight eyes so long as ya don't kill me in my sleep." he snorted.
"...That's not so common."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2023, 10:57:52 pm »

She shrinks down.
"I-I just mean- It's not nice! Having pointy ears and a tail doesn't really help me out!"
"Do you think there's something wrong with me?!? Is that what you're saying?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 2 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2023, 11:04:46 pm »

"I told you, I don't know anything about it."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2023, 11:06:10 pm »

"I told you, I don't know anything about it."
"So if there's nothing wrong with me, then there's nothing wrong with you. You should be PROUD of your heritage. No calling yourself accursed. Got it?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2023, 11:28:57 pm »

She shrinks down.
Siegrid never quite understood why folk saw the beastkin as lesser races, he didn't care if they were or weren't.

"Don't matter what you look like kid, I don't care if your purple or have eight eyes so long as ya don't kill me in my sleep." he snorted.
"...That's not so common."
"Eh, common or not it probably don't matter where we're going."
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2023, 07:09:10 am »

Amon frowns, a uncomfortable expression on his face. “I don’t quite remember what I was like outside of the tower, I can’t recall anything past a few hours ago, but I don’t think I was very well liked…

See what else the guard has to say and see if I can finagle anything valuable off of him. After this nab the pendants and “promise” to pay them back as I skedaddle to catch up with the group.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2023, 07:13:05 am »

(If the guard attacks me because I sacrificed his family to satan or something, I’m using you all as meatshields lol. It’s fine, what are friends for?)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2023, 03:58:45 pm »

"Gehhh left door danger! Forward!"

Through the door straight ahead!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Roll Focus: 2+1 = 3

Shanks nudges the door open and surreptitiously scans the room it leads into. In terms of appearance, this one is much like that which preceded it: vaguely rectangular, fabricated of dull stone, and bare of any embellishing touch. Unlike the previous room, the center of this room reveals a tantalizing target - a corpse in the center of the room. While the dead body is wholly unremarkable, the dagger stuck in its back is perhaps a touch more useful. Nothing other than the body reveals itself within the room, but Shanks is no fool - generally, people do not get backstabbed without a little external help.

Aside from going back to the previous room, this room also has a hallway that leads further ahead. This hallway, unlike the other entryways, is not blocked by a door on either side, and Shanks can see directly down it - it leads to yet another plain room... with a large chest at its end. Shanks knows a lot about treasure, including the fact that it is generally not laid bare for all to see, unless who ever put it there wants it to be seen.

". . ."
Mu accepts the little monster's words with a savage grin, but rather than heading on ahead, heads to the Left Door to commit Violence.

Mu, eager to enter the fray, rushes through the left door and assumes a fighting stance. Sure enough, he is not alone in the room - two pale, hunched figures are crouched over a mutilated body. As Mu enters, they whirl about to face him, torn strips of manflesh still dangling from their barbed, bloody maws. Everything about their appearance is not quite human: an extra pair of ribs there, an extra finger there, arms that are just a bit too long and heads just a bit too small. Their movement befits their appearance, the uneven and uncomfortable jerking movement giving the appearance of a gangly marionette when combined with their stretched physique. One of them emits a terrible screech, and Mu hears a number of response cries echo out from further on in the Tower. They could be coming from anywhere - this room has, in addition to the door from which Mu entered, three other connections to other rooms in the tower.

Roll Focus: 4

Mu notices that the mutilated corpse is gripping a rudimentary wooden club. Such a crude implement is hardly better than a bare fist, but hardly better is still an improvement. The only issue is that it is now behind the two chittering ghouls, meaning any attempt to seize it would be risky...

Amon frowns, a uncomfortable expression on his face. “I don’t quite remember what I was like outside of the tower, I can’t recall anything past a few hours ago, but I don’t think I was very well liked…

See what else the guard has to say and see if I can finagle anything valuable off of him. After this nab the pendants and “promise” to pay them back as I skedaddle to catch up with the group.

Roll Conviction: 4

"Right. Well, I suppose it's not that important. Who you were outside the Tower isn't worth a rat's ass, anyhow. Doesn't matter if you're a king or a farmhand, so long as you've got guts. Let me just make a note of your debt - 800 crowns - and you can be on your way. Don't bother coming back to pay up - we'll come to you when it's time to collect. Just remember, friend: if you value your life, don't cross the Boss."

Roll Focus: 5, 6+3-2 = 7
Result: Absolute success

Arek has little difficulty identifying the rudimentary magics present in both pendants. Though he does not quite understand why, he finds himself somewhat disappointed in the benign nature of both.
Curative Charm (Active - The wearer may, at any time, gain 1 Arcana in order to remove 0.25 Wounds from themselves or any living target within arm's reach. Cannot be used at maximum Arcana.)
Nullification Charm (Active - The wearer may, at any time, gain 1 Arcana in order to end the effects of poison, venom, or any other intoxicating substance upon themselves or any living target within arm's reach. Cannot be used at maximum arcana.)

"Yes. I'd rather not stay in this place much longer."
Proceed to the next floor. Since there's not many fighters, stay frontline to protect the squishies-who-aren't-me.

"By the way, Mel. Um, what's the deal with your ears?"

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

"Alright. Then lets regroup and get climbing. I'm Mel."
lets catch up to the headstrong pair that already pushed ahead.

Staff or Poleaxe. No mace...

"Xing Xing will take this Staff for 40 Crowns. Xing Xing will work to pay it off shortly."
Having taken the loan, Xing Xing heads to the first floor. May god protect Xing Xing.

"Actions speak louder than words," Siegrid told Ekaterina, the older man sees fit to stop at the merchandiser, taking what little debt a set of padded armor and a cudgel would accrue.

He took a moment to don his equipment before making his way up the stairs with the others "Better to be safe than sorry." he mumbled to himself as he ascended.

Spoiler: Siegrid (click to show/hide)

Xing Xing acquires a staff and Siegrid a cudgel before they, too, proceed to the second floor along with Isolde, Arek and Meleria. Ekaterina is also in tow, though she places herself firmly in the backline. Not a moment passes after entering the first room before the group is accosted by an unbearable, wailing shriek, emanating from a room to the left. Looking through the door doesn't offer much help in discerning the source, as the group's view is almost entirely obscured by the broad, tattooed back of Mu. The room directly ahead does not bode much better - looking through the open door, a corpse is visible, dead in a pool of blood at the room's center. The strange, arcane light that avails your sight does not reveal anything beyond this, fading quickly to murky darkness.

(In?)

Vaolu, though disconcerted from his entry into the tower, manages to make quick work of getting his bearings, mostly through eavesdropping on a larger group that just ascended. There are a couple of shops scattered throughout the first floor, and not much else of note - apparently, the languid folk who are dispersed throughout the hall are of the Tower's lowest caste.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2023, 04:50:10 pm »

Forget the probably trapped treasure chest for a second its a free dagger!... Shanks wonders who leaves a perfectly good dagger in someone's back anyway?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 1 (7/8)
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2023, 05:14:36 pm »

Ghosts."God's Verdict, Xing Xing."

Rush into combat with the ghostsghouls with a spinning sweep.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 05:18:39 pm by TricMagic »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2023, 05:16:58 pm »

Apply Feet to Ghoul Heads.

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2023, 05:23:00 pm »

((Can amulets be used by the non-attuned? I notice they use Arcane but aren't "spells". So would using one as a non-attuned just raise your arcane from -1 to 0?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - OPEN
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2023, 05:26:34 pm »

"I don't have-"
She's cut off by the blood-curdling screech. The catkin flinches for a moment but quickly corrects, her ears shooting forward again.
"Lead the way, Siegrid. I'm right beside you."

Let Siegrid decide where we're going, but stay in the front.

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12