Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)  (Read 11064 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - OPEN
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2023, 01:10:56 am »

eh I'm probably the most 'tanky' character already, with with my approved total of '4' brawn and ability to wear heavy armor.
My brother in christ I too can wear heavy armor but medium armor and being able to jump and shit is where its at 😂.

Not sure if my build is good for anything, but I guess if I die I'll get to try something else! :D

First idea was unshakeable nun, as pretty much a morale tank with whatever "communing with the divine" is on the side, and my second idea was a non-combat knight. Who would probably work as a great normal tank if we found heavy armor.

For some reason basically all of my ideas involved dumping Skill.

Actually was gonna propose maybe that either Meleria or Isolde would like having a hired guard in the form of Siegrid cause I made a point of my character as a guard.he functions particularly good in a party. Cause of the Soldier perk.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2023, 05:03:06 am »

You can probably tell I’m going for a mage build lol.

Also, I slightly modified my sheet.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2023, 05:18:34 am »

Also, is there any other way to win than to leave with ten thousand crowns?

Like, climbing to the top/bottom of the tower or something?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2023, 07:02:35 am »

Actually was gonna propose maybe that either Meleria or Isolde would like having a hired guard in the form of Siegrid cause I made a point of my character as a guard.he functions particularly good in a party. Cause of the Soldier perk.
Meleria does not have anything like the money to hire someone to guard her through the tower.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 08:04:11 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2023, 07:54:45 am »

It's for a cut if the profits gained in the tower.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2023, 07:58:07 am »

It's for a cut if the profits gained in the tower.
that doesn't make sense though. You do the work and only get part of the pay? Why would you agree to that? That only works if I'm also selling you a resource, be it information, a skillset, or money.

Other resources include your own emotional commitments like your personal loyalty or your pity.

Also, horizon: heavy armor doesn't limit mobility very badly
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 08:04:22 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2023, 08:53:43 am »

Fair point, I just want Siegrid to have an ally to go in with tbh.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2023, 09:10:07 am »

pretty sure we all go in together. Would Siegrid be willing to work for Arek?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2023, 09:38:39 am »

pretty sure we all go in together. Would Siegrid be willing to work for Arek?
I'd say that Siegrid would be hesitant but he'd work for Arek if he asked. Guarding and fighting, and protecting the booty (and treasure) is all he knows.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2023, 11:02:05 am »

Also, is there any other way to win than to leave with ten thousand crowns?

Like, climbing to the top/bottom of the tower or something?

This is yet unknown - if anyone has ever reached the Tower's summit and escaped, they are bereft of their memory of such.

We've waited long enough - first turn is on its way.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 1
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 12:55:35 pm »

The air is thick with the sage-scented smoke that wafts over you from the censers of the Tower's priests. You seven are the day's entrants to the Tower, and before your entrance, you have been treated to a brief ceremony: a morose banquet, a prayer to Makhios, and a draught of honey wine constitute the customary send-off of all tower-delvers. You have had little time to introduce yourselves to your fellow tower-delvers on this day, but at the very least, you were able to provide them all with a brief introduction, and perhaps a name by which you wish to be referred.

"Proceed, now, and prove yourselves as warriors!" the frail head priest exclaims, stretching his withered hands out to the sky. The Tower's doors are pulled open, and the entrance sits before you, a yawning maw leading into complete darkness. The sensation of crossing the Tower's threshold is strange and ethereal; your movement is sluggish and uncoordinated, as if wading through water, and your head spins. The sensation passes quickly, but the disorientation lasts more than long enough for the priests to shut the doors behind you, enveloping you wholly in the Tower's darkness.

This, too, passes. As the darkness recedes, you find yourselves standing in a long, high-ceilinged hall. It is anything but empty, with people of all sorts scattered about. Some stand guard at the fore of a large pile of assorted chests and barrels, stashed away in one of the hall's corners. Others have various objects laid out in front of them on ornate carpets, and a few are haggling over the price of their wares with potential customers. The vast majority, however, are doing nothing at all, either wandering aimlessly or sitting complacently against the gray, barren wall. A few take notice as you enter, casting unfriendly glances your way.

"Fresh meat!" one cries out, undiscernible amid the sullen crowd, "You won't make it a day!"

At the far end of the hall, opposite of where you find yourselves now, an ornate spiral staircase leads upwards.

"Welcome!" a higher-pitched voice calls out, as a brown-haired and one-armed young human woman pushes her way through the throng of loiterers.

"Don't mind the rabble. This sullen lot is happy to put down anyone they can. You're on the first floor, after all - this is where the wheat is separated from the chaff. I'm Ekaterina Phokaina, long-time prisoner of the Tower, potentially at your service. See, there's much to learn of the Tower, and as a long-time prisoner here, I have that knowledge. I'm happy to avail it to any one of you... for a mere 20% share of anything you find, I'll accompany you. Anyone interested?"

Judging by the intrigued glances of the others on the floor, and how some of them are starting to carefully approach, it seems like this isn't the only person taking an interest to you. Before anyone can begin to answer Ekaterina, one of you, crimson-eyed and cat-like, collapses to the ground.

Isolde
You have barely regained your bearings from entering the Tower before you are once again accosted by dizziness and weakness. This time, however, the feeling is familiar: the warmth of the light you see as your eyes squeeze shut is familiar to you, a common precursor to your visions. They come in a flurry of shapes and colors, yet most prominent among them is the sanguine red of spilled blood, and the darkness that you entered only a moment ago. The only lasting image in this visual bombardment is the silhouette of a figure; a kneeling, broad-shouldered man, wearing a winged helmet and carrying a short spear.

When the visions fade and you come to, you are on the ground. It takes a moment longer for the strength to return to your limbs.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 1 (7/8)
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 05:56:43 pm »

I hurry over to the other beastkin and make sure nobody attempts to go through their pockets while they're down. Once I'm sure nobody's getting grabby I turn back to Ekaterina.
"How far will you go with us?"

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 1 (7/8)
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2023, 06:10:31 pm »

"from looks of this one, this parasite will follow you far enough to stick a dagger int thou back and no furthermore."
Mu says over his shoulder towards Meleria before confidently heading off towards the Stairs upwards.
Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2023, 06:47:43 pm »

Siegrid had nothing to say, just a snort of amusement as he listened to the woman bandy about her experience and knowledge.

"Trust is something that don't have a price." without elaborating the old man followed suit with the less tactful man "Only thing I really care for is having enough gold to afford a meal or a sturdy blade." to him he only cared about having enough to afford the equipment to brave the Tower. His last job had only paid so much, leaving him with the clothes on his back.

Spoiler: Siegrid (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2023, 07:20:43 pm »

Isolde props herself up immediately when she regains enough strength to do so, growling and glancing between the strangers around her.

"...I saw blood. And... a soldier. Wings on his helm."
Regaining some of her senses, she looks between Meleria and the one-armed woman and seems to relax a little.
"'Scuse me, ma'am. Sometimes I see stuff of the future. Just that's what got me this far. I think yer deal is a good one, may I know your name?"

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

((Carp, I think only Mu the wildman knows how to heal people. Unless we find magic for that.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12