Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Be Magmacube! Make your own story game!  (Read 9900 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Be Magmacube! Make your own story game!
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2023, 02:00:45 pm »

B

Magma discounts the feelings from before as delusions, and turns to leave the lake he just created life in.

Magma journeys through the tunnels for a long time. These parts of the fortress are extremely old, and have long since been extensively borrowed into, but without plan or foresight. As a result, the passages here are a labyrinthine mess. Some passages are closed off due to cave ins, and entire sections of tunnels are filled with water.

After his sense of direction fails him repeateadly, Magma finally manages find his way to the board below.

It is a giant chasm with many undefineable stone trinkets filling the bottom of it. Each of these stone objects are carved with small symbols. The symbols are not writing, but are instead pictograms of many different things.

This is Curses. This place isn't the largest, nor the most frequented of the boards. But it exists, probably as a reminder of a bygone era that Magma wasn't there to live in.

Magma has no attachment to this place. Just as he was preparing to descend back however, he encounters a fox, lying down on the stone, curled up on itself. No, this is not Max. This one is bigger. And male.

Magma realises that this is a forumite god. He could wake them. Or leave them to their seemingly eternal sleep.

A: Wake the dormant god.
B: Leave them alone and get on with your journey.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:11:12 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2023, 02:15:37 pm »

B
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2023, 03:37:16 pm »

B. No need to find out what the fox says.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2023, 01:40:01 am »

B We must continue to resist the urge to wake slumbering gods.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2023, 06:57:18 pm »

B

Magma leaves the mysterious fox to slumber for an eternity more. He quickly leaves the board entirely, the sight of the comatose god making him feel uncomfortable.

Throught his travel to the board below him, Magma encounters many large subterranean river canyons where water flowed wild. The churning streams led him to a place not unlike a museum exhibition of memories. Strange weapons, giant structures, otherworldly objects from distant worlds, all embedded in magic that describes them to any observer.

This is Other Games, the place where all forumites come to tell tales of their adventures in distant worlds. Where they tell of the things they did, the forms they took, the scenarios they faced.

Magma sometimes wanted to do so too, but never felt the need and drive to actually do so.

He wanders in the artifact gallery until he stumbles upon a humanoid being clad in gray armor. The humanoid turns to him in alert. The many brown tentacles on its head, superficially resembling locks of hair, wriggle rythmically, perhaps as a stress response. This is a fellow forumite. Again, this one was older than Magma by many ages. It had just carved a yet another reply to a wall when Magma interrupted them.

Before Magma could respond with anything to the encounter, another forumite enters the scene. A giant, gray feline with bird-like wings. The feline moved to carve something else too, talking about some sort of sapient mold and a money-free society? Magma had no context, so he didn't get it.

Magma could just leave. Forumites talked only when they wanted to once in a blue moon, and otherwise ignored eachother. Or he could either start a fight, or maybe greet both in a show of companionship.

A: Ignore the spontaneous meeting and journey down.
B: Start shit.
C: Greet your fellows.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:16:44 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2023, 10:15:27 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2023, 01:41:13 am »

C And be sure to use the traditional method of screaming incoherently while pointing in random directions.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2023, 11:49:38 am »

A

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2023, 08:12:54 pm »

A

Magma ignores Rolan and Frumple, opting to continue his journey. He wordlessly leaves the scene.

The stone walls around the cubical forumite become even older as he descends. Smoothness is completely gone, replaced with wild, untamed rock. Tight crevices, raw gems and stray boulders decorate the place. Pathways lead to vast open chasms or lead to dead ends quite often here and Magma has started seeing the beginnings of cave foliage.

Magma is now at the oldest strata that the Twelfth Bay has. The lowermost four boards. The place that the majority of Bay12 inhabits.

Giant stalactites hang from the ceiling, and equally large stalagmites rise to the caverns void. Some had fused into pillars, and some had been shattered long ago, either by natural causes or because of a forumite. Magma finds his way through all this, and finally manages to get to his current destination.

A vast cavern filled with statues, paintings, books and many other forms of art are created and stored here. Endless galleries of these creations dot the otherwise rough landscape, placed on overhangs, cliff edges, isolated ledges, on top of rock pillars- anywhere the can be placed.

This is Creative Projects, where the denizens of Bay12 come to art.

He is startled by the appearance of a person. Magma senses something in the shadows. A shadowy blur is sliding across the ground. It resembles a juvenile forumite, but it is a facade. This forumite is older and more powerful than Magma. It is of the adult form of the species.

Magma has no idea who this is. He had never interacted with him before. But he could, now.

A: Interact with the mystery guy.
B: Ignore and look around in the board.
C: Continue onto your path.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2023, 08:14:02 pm »

Welp, we are almost here.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2023, 08:54:21 pm »

C

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2023, 11:22:18 pm »

C.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2023, 01:35:22 am »

C

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2023, 11:35:43 am »

C

Magma returns to his travel. He concurs that there is nothing to see here.

His convoluted path ends in a place full of forumites. It is rather crowded here. The board is made of various large hanging platforms with rope bridges between them, all suspended over a gigantic chasm that Magma can't see the bottom of. The flat protrusions on the chasm walls and peaks of rock pillars rising from the bottom are covered in all sorts of cave grass and trees, with flying cave creatures flying around nesting on them.

This is General Discussion. The most populated board in Bay12. This is where forumites forum.

It is also quite warm here. Everything around Magma is imbued with a warm, familiar energy, in contrast with the other boards Magma has been to, which were shrouded in various degrees of damp darkness.

A small remembrance answers why. The board is magma heated. Inside the walls are many artificial lava tunnels that heat the room into a more comfortable tempature. Magma knows that these canals also exist further down, which means that the bottom of the fortress is warm and balmy.

His observing eyes catch a glimpse of a blur from the corner of his vision. Then he sees the same from the other corner. Magma notices the same blur everywhere, in fact. It is a formless forumite, existing as a presence, and Magma is right inside it. But this is not just any forumite. Magma knows who this is.

The presence that envelops Magma is clearly Scoops Novel, which Magma knows by the... well, presence of them. It is distinctively tumulous and chaotic, and without a well-defined core of being. That sometimes makes Novel impossible to decipher, but also quite poignant when given the attention. This also meant that they shared a sphere.

Novel had always vaguely reminded Magma of a particularly high-tech bot. Magma didn't like to think about bots.

And Novel was also like a storm. One that Magma was in the eye of. The cube noticed this a bit too late, he would admit. He was trapped, with no way out, except through Novel. Or he could just ask for them to move away. Both could work.

A: Pass through Novel.
B: Ask Novel to move.

Not just zapping out this time!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2023, 03:45:31 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15