Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Be Magmacube! Make your own story game!  (Read 9887 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Be Magmacube! Make your own story game!
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2023, 02:53:43 pm »

You really want me to come down here huh?

I will never cease pushing you to descend into the abyss.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2023, 12:18:50 am »

B If we're gonna go down we gotta go all the way!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2023, 09:05:49 pm »

B If we're gonna go down we gotta go all the way!
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2023, 07:07:29 pm »

B

Magma ignores the child board. He instead continues to go even further down into the dark halls and corridors.

After a yet another brief interlude of intentional falling and corridor navigating, he is greeted by a yet another archive. This one however is not like the ones above. If the ones above were bookcases, these were workspace pin boards. People had been creating pin boards and using them to discuss matter among themselves here. Pin board was perhaps too specific. Monoliths filled with carvings, mounds of used sticky notes, scrolls which went on and on for kilometers. All written by more than one people.

It is DF Dwarf Mode Discussions. He doesn't knows what dward mode means. He doesn't cares. More accurately however, he has no time to care before a forumite stumbles right through him. It is one called DerpFortress. A shapeless, non-corporeal juvenile forumite. The entity is almost unnoticable, with a very weak hold on their own existence. They had laid dormant for a long time after they first formed, until they were prompted into awakeness very very recently. How did Magma knew all this? Magma Senses™, that is how.

He hears some other sounds, further ahead. He can't make out what, but they are there. It sounds like talons, hitting the stone floor.

DerpFortress seems preoccupied with carving a message on small boulder, using its presence to burrow into the stone. Magma could talk to him. Or he could wander around some more in this level and see where that noise is coming from. Ooooor, he could ignore and go down into the board below.

A: Talk to Derp Fortress.
B: See around and find the source of the noises.
C: Go down below.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2023, 12:23:57 am »

I'm sure DerpFortress will be fine. C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2023, 08:57:46 am »

C.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2023, 01:34:45 pm »

I am afraid that when we finally reach here, you guys will make me dig down to get further deep.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2023, 01:43:52 am »

I am afraid that when we finally reach here, you guys will make me dig down to get further deep.
No, nothing to see further than that.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2023, 02:56:38 am »

No, nothing to see further than that.
Eh technically we could drive him through Roll to Dodge to the abandoned abyss of Einsteinian Roulette, but what would the point of that be?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2023, 08:02:01 pm »

C

Magma ignores DerpFortress, and after finding another set of stairs, starts descending again.

He is greeted by a chaotic mess of labyrinthine paths made of engraved walls and floors, with each section telling one out of a thousand stories of a thousand adventures. It is calm, ancient and serene. This is DF Adventure Mode Discussion, where forumites come to tell their tales of strange lands, places, and people.

Magma floats above the mess of passages, and looks at the distance to see a large spire of smooth, engraved stone. On it's sides are walkways, with a small pink thing roaming about on them. Magma can't quite discern who or what that is, but it is most likely a forumite, and as far as Magma can tell, an old and great one as well. Older than himself, for sure.

He could go to see exactly who that pink thing is, or he could go down into the floor below.

A: Go to the pink forumite at the spire.
B: Continue your pilgrimage to the cavernous depths.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2023, 01:38:14 am »

B No need to bother the ancient ones let us move on.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2023, 03:04:03 pm »

B
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2023, 05:35:41 pm »

B

Whatever mysterious force that draws Magma seems quite adamant to get him to reach the bottom.

He ignores the pink thing and dives further down.

Where he ends up is perhaps the most breathtaking place of all. A boundless floor with many monoliths, carved with scenes of victory, defeat, idylic scenes and action packed adventure. Statues of many different beings are erected around the monoliths- depictions of the characters which belong to the stories the monoliths carry.

Magma is in the middle of the DF Community Games & Stories. He doesn't knows what games are played here. If there are games played here, they must be nothing that Magma knows, for he does not recognises them. But he likes this place nontheless, for it's sheer size. If one tried to read all that this place had to offer, it would take them ages.

He is interrupted by a very familiar presence. His eyes catch a patch of fur, a glimpse of gold, and here's King Zultan. He is strange looking fellow. A giant rat with three heads. He wears a purple robe and a large golden crown that floats above his heads and follows him around like an angels halo.

Zultan doesn't notices Magma, since the cube floats above and Zultan is down on the floor, looking at a particular monolith as he reads it.

Magma could talk to him, and maybe even add him to his party. Or he could leave him alone and descend down, alone.

A: Talk to King Zultan
B: Continue being a loner

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2023, 05:54:47 pm »

B. He'll still be here if you return.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2023, 01:22:47 am »

Oh god that guy is terrible, A to talk to him and by talk I mean kick.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 01:48:24 am by King Zultan »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15