Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!  (Read 1793 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) FIRST BLOOD!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2023, 08:47:59 pm »

Just as Mirabel passes on a brisk run to the storage room, trailing a thin layer of blood in her wake, a certain pyromaniac ghost sneakily embeds itself into the alcohol-fumed barrels lining the corridor... and, though their contents've long since dried up, just the presence of the spirit's reality-bending touch is enough to set them going, and all it takes from there is a spark! That comes from the sword on its return trip, spanking off the wall right next to the barrels...

...just as Mirabel languidly draws a critical circular pattern in the air behind her with her staff...

BLUUUTH-OOOOOOM

Wood and metal shrapnel erupt along with the many-times-multiplied explosion, but all of it is just barely contained by the spiral shield left in Mirabel's wake. The force channels back down the corridor like a shaped charge, caving in the door to the torture room in a horrendous CRASH and leaving it lying off its hinges against the stones. She leaves behind three frustrated ghosts in her blackened and scorched trail.

The door to the storage room opens far simpler, only the second door in a day or more to do that for her. Inside is rather strange; what should be little but dust and old planks now hosts several crates bulging at the seams with an oozing, viscous flesh-like substance, pooling on the floor where it leaks from between boards like some kind of fungal overgrowth. The pink slime covers about a fourth of the chamber, and fills the air with the disconcerting smell of raw pork mixed with sweat and a hint of burnt hair. Where crates do not line the floor in rows, tables, chairs, a lectern with a strange book still on it, a toppled pew sitting with two legs missing in a corner, and even a standing harp for playing lie strewn about. This is where the original residents moved everything out from the room with the arcane patterns...

...creeeSLAAM. The door shuts behind Mirabel, locking her in! There is no escape except through blood! (Please see new ghost rules)

Mirabel [5/10]
Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
!NEW!
Spoiler: RULES: GHOSTS (click to show/hide)
!NEW!
Spoiler: RULES: MONSTERS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:20:57 am by Xvareon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2023, 09:37:14 pm »

"BÄÄÄÄÄÄ!"
A Black goat bleats into existence to threaten Mirabel.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2023, 12:15:39 am »

Crack.
A sprite made of blood-stained snow twinkles into being, before darting about Mirabel's head.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2023, 02:10:22 am »

Mirabel stands ready, like a baseball batter, intent on batting the first monster that gets near her into the second. Redirection!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2023, 07:45:36 am »

A literal pink slime slowly eats through the wood of a box, leaving pale trails of fire behind.

Box-hat Slime: An acidic form that engulfs, eating away at the contents. Has the remains of a box on it's "head. Quite slow, quite warm."

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2023, 10:51:38 am »

A devilish cackling echoes faintly through the room, as the unseen ghosts play upon the threads of unreality in the room, filling them with their wrath and bringing forth chaos! And then there were three! A malformed goat-like creature with twisted horns, a blood-covered snowball with wings of ice, and a horrific pink slime claim life and form, and attack!

'Hey! Lissun!' chimes the sprite in a discordant little voice. It flies past the reach of Mirabel's staff, flittering like a hummingbird. Distracted by its passage, and missing her first angry swish, she is soon thunked in the ribs by a very irate goat that plows her into a table and sends her and the furniture toppling over in a heap!

But Mirabel's not quite done. Keeping a grip on her staff, she swats the goat as it leaps over to try and trample her! It bounces off a flash of vibrant purple like a trampoline, somersaults in the air for two rotations, then lands on the box-hatted slime with a meaty flop.

Frawwwoohm. Fur and flame don't mix! Despite landing on the slime's boxy head, enough of it touches the ooze to turn the black goat into a !!flaming goat!!
Mirabel [2/10] | !!Flaming goat!! [5/8] | Box-hat slime [14/14] | Bloodstained snow sprite [4/4]

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) FIRST BLOOD!
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2023, 11:13:38 am »

((Can others join?))
(For now, no, I'm having enough to keep up with just these four. Things might change once I feel we've hit a stride.)
((Okay, i'll be watchihg chief.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2023, 11:43:09 am »

Consume the flames. Tasty snack.
No one ever said the slime was inteligent.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2023, 12:53:29 pm »

Quick: Continue spinning circles around her, while-
Standard: Darting in to cut at her back and legs, staying close enough to prevent her from swinging that stick around.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2023, 01:34:06 pm »

Beset on all sides, Mirabel focuses fully on defence, using her magic to repel kinetic energy.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2023, 03:22:04 pm »

CHAAAARGE!!!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2023, 08:20:56 pm »

BÄÄÄÄÄ! The goat charges! Well, it tries. It does its best. The trip-and-belly-flop onto the slime-covered floor would be cute if it didn't leave it about a quarter covered in !!flaming slime!! It stumbles to its feet and hooks its horns at Mirabel like a crazed llama, but not fast enough to distract her before...

FWOUUUNG! A complex assemblage of arcane rules swirls around her, deflecting the charge of the snow sprite and sending it careening off against a wall. Mirabel's shield grows from her and spreads, pushing furniture and church pews away against a five-foot sphere of coruscating light. The poor goat chooses that moment, perhaps too blind with rage to stop, and that's when everything goes wrong.

PONG! The goat bounces, flips in the air, and lands with its horns impaled in the wood of a table. It has just enough to notice its !!fire!! spread to the furniture before something huge and slimy brushes up on it... and Mirabel notices a disturbingly long shadow stretching beneath her...

SQWWIT-THWWWORP

The slime rears up, falls over the goat, and lands atop Mirabel's shield with a wet splat. Admittedly, her magic might've looked like flame to a dumb slime creature. In any case, not even she can stop that much sheer mass, not to mention her shield was made for pointed impacts. Mirabel is squashed under the suffocating mass of pink goo, though thankfully she's knocked down with enough force to knock her unconscious before the flames and crushing mass do the rest.
FATALITY! HUMANITY STOLEN!

But just as quickly as the mass of slime took shape, it melts away like ice sublimating to vapor in a matter of seconds, but leaving no trace of its body save rubbery clumps of bacon-thin slime and a pervasive smell of pork. The black goat's flame is mostly extinguished now, and it's still alive, but only just by a thread. Mirabel's crushed, burnt and bloodstained form remains, but... THERE! There is Tim, restored to full glory, standing with that dreaded 1d6 die in hand, as if nothing had ever happened to her! But the remaining spirits in the room don't feel much of a loss in the aura, for a new vengeful spirit takes Tim's place...

Tim, the Pyromancer [10/10] | Black goat [1/8] | Bloodstained snow sprite [3/4]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:22:37 am by Xvareon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2023, 08:38:27 pm »

MUST RAM HUMAN!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2023, 09:49:36 pm »

Still a She. Stupid reality gender bending narrative..

Free. Tim stretches her hands out.
Quick: "Fuel!" The fire on the furniture and goat flares up, burning everything.
Standard: Force the surge of heat to spread, aimed at that miniscule ball of water that call itself a pixie.
Free: "That was odd. Well, I never liked that mirror weirdo anyway. Slime was sorta fun though, all burny."

(Fun fact, Fires are comprised of triangles. Air/Heat/Fuel. 9:56 here.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:52:14 pm by TricMagic »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2023, 06:18:46 am »

Still a She. Stupid reality gender bending narrative..
(Oof, I'm sorry. I keep getting that wrong. Maybe I need to put a letter by everyone's name to remind me.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4