Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!  (Read 1791 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) FIRST BLOOD!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2023, 06:47:04 pm »

Ptw or waitlist
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2023, 08:38:33 pm »

The stench fine bouquet of roasted flesh permeates the room. Notably, there isn't as much smoke as one would expect, since magical fire doesn't exactly need 'fuel' to burn. Despite his grievous wounds, Bobby Joe charges on with fury, ducking under a lunging swipe from the golem that smashes against the floor—and then he puts a singed hand firmly on its elbow!

SQQOOO-THWWORP

The golem... turns inside-out. That's about the finest way to put it. Unable to quite fit inside Bobby Joe's hammerspace, it rebounds, vomited forth from the compressed pocket dimension it momentarily entered. It comes out with its one-eyed head where its rear should be, two fused-together 'hips' ending in a single rough stone 'leg', and the one arm has... grown dozens of fingers not attached to any hand sticking out all along its length like spines on a cactus. Confused, it fumbles, falls, and just barely props itself up in an awkward reverse 'V'.

Lem, already moving, barks out another arcane summoning! The air turns about twenty degrees colder for a moment as blue and white light dance in front of him, and then, a ball of... snow... with four wings made of ice crystals materializes in thin air. It flaps about, confused, and brushes its summoner's ear once, frostnipping it painfully.

Poor Bobby Joe's luck ends there and then—distracted by all the spellwork, and reeling from his hammerspace rejection, he doesn't see Mirabel coming up behind him before she c r a c k s his skull into his cerebrum with a single heavy blow. He crumples to the floor in a broken heap.
FATALITY

Lem feels drained... the strain of keeping up so many summons is heavily taxing on his dwindling lifeforce...
FINAL STRUGGLE! Lem [5/10] | Mirabel [8/10]

Spoiler: Lem, the Summoner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: COMBAT (click to show/hide)
The ghost of Bobby Joe floats unseen with Tim from above, unable to escape the dungeon... yet still able to hear a demonic cackling that seems to come from everywhere at once... "Soon..."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:22:57 am by Xvareon »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2023, 08:51:17 pm »

Free: "Latch onto her, fey, do not let her approach."
Quick: Back away from the Mirror Mage. The longer I can zone her, the more random creatures I can throw in her face.
Standard: Dismiss my golem. They've done their part well enough.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2023, 02:04:04 am »

"No you can have it!"

Standard: Mirabel uses her reflective staff to bat the pixie at Lem.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2023, 08:31:51 am »

What follows is less a fight than someone awkwardly trying to swat a fly with a stick. The snow pixie jinks away at first, with a crinkling sound of ice crystals that might be giggling. It rushes in to try and latch on—but is unexpectedly driven back by Mirabel's reflective wards! It recoils, but its momentary discomfiture is just enough for the staff to whip around and thrash it with decimating force!

FWOOOOSH—PING! PONG! It flies into a wall, bounces at a forty-five degree into another wall, then flies back to strike poor Lem in the back of the neck. The combined force of Mirabel's reflective spell plus the pixie's ethereal chill slices neatly into his spine, all too appropriately dropping him like a puppet.
FATALITY

The pixie winks out in a puff of snow. Lem's golem crumples into a cairn of stones on the floor, looking vaguely like an emaciated man with the iron bar driven through his chest from behind. Just another sad glorious addition to the torture room's ambiance.

The lock clicks open... the formerly impassable door creaks wide, followed by a low, satisfied cackling...

Just outside, a row of forgotten torches glows on the walls as if pleased by the slaughter. Mirabel sees the corridor they came down before, cast in that eerie light. Discarded swords, shields, a few barrels that smell faintly of alcohol, plus a knocked-askew painting of some ancient feudal lord decorate the three-forked stone passage.

She knows the other rooms they investigated before now—one with the floor mostly dedicated to a strange, inactive magic circle; another for all the furniture moved from that room to make way for the pentagram; and a grisly trophy room filled with taxidermied animals, a display case of preserved heads, and worse.

The slaughtered humans know, too... they feel grim purpose and wrath fill their ectoplasmic forms! They're not gone just yet!
Mirabel [8/10]
NEW RULES ADDED BELOW
Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: GHOSTS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:21:26 pm by Xvareon »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2023, 10:19:48 am »

Alive... for now

Mirabel enters the corridor and examines the painting

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2023, 11:34:40 am »

Haunt the blades! Take my vengeance!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2023, 11:50:28 am »

The painting bursts into flame.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2023, 01:08:52 pm »

A shield is sent a spinning towards the back of Mirabel’s head!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 01:10:53 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2023, 02:28:48 pm »

((Can others join?))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2023, 07:31:41 pm »

((Can others join?))
(For now, no, I'm having enough to keep up with just these four. Things might change once I feel we've hit a stride.)
-----
The painting depicts a regal, if strikingly... intense figure. The man is garbed in a burgundy red coat with a mantle of Tyrian purple about his shoulders, and long, messy black hair that spills down his body like a dozen oily tentacles. His dark red-rimmed eyes bulge partially from his head, and his face is contorted in a fierce frown as though murderously impatient with his own painter. It's set in a frame of polished cedar, but any name or author's mark has long since flaked off th—

FWOOOOM! Flame bursts from the figure's eyes and engulfs the whole frame in seconds! Elsewhere, the sound of metal scraping on sound echoes in the corridor...

Poltergeist Activity! Only your luck will save you!

A long blade leaps off the floor so ungainly it sparks off the stones, but fast enough it slices Mirabel cleanly across the thigh before clattering against the floor! It's followed moments later by a shield from the opposite corner, which flies like a discus and smashes into her back!

Mirabel [5/10]
Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: GHOSTS (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2023, 07:44:22 pm »

Do you smell some fumes?
Explosive Barrels!

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2023, 07:50:21 pm »

Aim for the knees! Cut her down!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2023, 07:55:36 pm »

This is only a corridor, so I don't have to stick around here...

Quick: Mirabel jogs over to the Storage Room
Standard: As she runs, she waves her mirrored staff, seeking to reflect back any ghost nonsense

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2023, 08:01:13 pm »

Hmm Seems this room is mostly out of deadly implements, I'll continue in the next room!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4