Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!  (Read 1790 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STOREYARD SMASH!
« on: May 01, 2023, 02:17:55 pm »

You're trapped in a dungeon with no way out—except through each other!

The four of you got caught in a horrible, eldritch dungeon while on a quest, and the evil forces within have snared you in their grasp! There's only one way out, and ONLY ONE of you can escape—by leaving everyone else behind! But the ones who are left can regain their precious humanity by murdering the last human, taking their body and continuing on! Who will be the Ghost with the Most? Will you tear your way through the slavering hordes and escape, or be lost forever?

Running this as a test for a combat & game system I plan to use in another game later. This is a dry run, so I really don't care much if you guys go absolutely bonkers with actions and powers. In fact, I encourage it. The only objective here is to ESCAPE AS THE HUMAN. If you are NOT the human, you are a Ghost, and your job is to MURDER the human to BECOME the human and ESCAPE.

Spoiler: RULES TO START (click to show/hide)

Write-in to join below! All of you will start as HUMAN. But ONLY ONE can leave the first room!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 08:49:56 pm by Xvareon »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (0/4)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 02:24:52 pm »

Mirabel the Mirror Mage, wielding a reflective staff. She has the power to redirect energy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 02:36:10 pm »

Tim the Pyromancer, wielding a random 1d6 die. She has the power to create fire.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 05:12:27 pm by TricMagic »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 02:47:05 pm »

Lem the Summoner, with his Conjurer's Catalog. He has the ability to create minions.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 03:14:01 pm »

Bobby Joe The Hillbilly, With his Boomstick. He has the ability to carry an infinite amount of items.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 06:43:51 pm »

Our story begins with a party of four adventurers, seeking fame and fortune within the ruins of an ancient civilization. They were brave souls, to be sure, for the ruin they entered was not for the faint of heart. It was said that evil spirits haunted its halls, and that those who dared to venture within would never return. Despite the warnings, the adventurers pressed on. They descended deeper and deeper into the ruins, uncovering forgotten secrets and hidden treasures... treasures that seemed to be left there as if the residents were simply away on a journey, for the only bodies or skeletons they found bore all-too-familiar clothes and markings of places and beliefs one today could identify. But their greed proved to be their downfall, for they soon found themselves trapped in a locked room with no way out...
...no way out...

...and as their campfire sputters in the center of the eerie stone chamber, the spirits within whisper to them, one by one...
THERE IS NO ESCAPE EXCEPT THROUGH BLOOD

-----

You sit in a rough circle around a darkening fire, the shadows cast by your bodies playing on the walls like oil and water. Four stone walls mark an impenetrable box, furnished all about with stretching racks, an iron maiden with its spikes covered in red, and long-rusted torture implements lying in a half-collapsed wooden rack. In a corner, a set of chains bolted to the stone wall rattle without a hand touching them. Thrrik. Thrrik. An immense and heavy 'wooden' door bars the only way out, no blade or spell able to so much as scratch its surface. There is no way out. ...or is there...?

THEY ARE WEAK. YOU ARE STRONG. CRUSH THEM!

-----ONLY ONE HUMAN CAN LEAVE-----

Spoiler: Lem, the Summoner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tim, the Pyromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RULES: COMBAT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 07:01:06 pm by Xvareon »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) STARTED!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 07:17:32 pm »

Quick: Get out of there! Getting fired upon is a death sentence, whether literally or figuratively.
Standard: Summon up a Stone Golem between me and the rest of the party.
Free: "I don't want to do this, but I'm not dying first you bastards!"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 07:44:33 pm »

Free: "We don't have a choice."
Quick: Roll 1d6 to amplify.
Standard: "FIRE. Let Immolation be the catalyst. Spread to the four winds, and return, O Raging Flames"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 01:22:59 am »

"No murdering, thank you kindly."

Standard: Mirabel repels the flow of energy, seeking to reflect back any flames

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 01:40:13 am »

". . ."
Quick: Draw Boomstick
Standard: Fire Boomstick into Tim's head.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2023, 03:27:08 pm »

INITIATIVE

With implacable and deadly ease, Bobby Joe brandishes his deadly boomstick in white-knuckled hands! He levels it at Tim... at the same time as Lem barks a desperate incantation and the room floods with light!

BOOM! Buckshot sprays the room—ball bearings, coins, steel shavings, and the end of a fork dance with a sprinkle of rock salt through the air in a deadly ballet. The cone of pain narrowly skims Tim's shoulder as it sails past, pinging off rock, and... bigger rock?

A two-and-a-half meter slab of solid granite catches the rest on its immensely thick hide. A single glass eye chewed on by some long-forgotten cat rests inside an anvil-flat skull. A single arm dangling on a stick of iron like an awkward crane swings at its side.

The Dice Gods giggle at the human's hubris... <(1)>
FWOOOOOOOSH!!!
A titanic jet of flame belches from Tim's hands and scours the room! His erstwhile 'friends' are caught in the blast! Three figures—a human, a hulk of stone, and... a flash of purple...? vanish for a moment in the incinerating cloud.

Fortunately for Tim, everything goes wrong too fast to feel any pain.

The sheer force of the blast knocks him off his feet, shooting him back like a runaway rocket. Failing to keep his hands parallel and straight, he first flies up, slamming his back into the ceiling with a meaty crack. He continues on, scorching the walls black in a disconcertingly artistic pattern of a platypus' duck-like beak. It ends when Mirabel, throwing back some of the excess force, knocks him bouncing off two walls like a pinball before splattering on the floor.
FATALITY

Bobby Joe is singed to [2/10] HP. Lem, hiding behind his golem, stands firm with [6/10.] Mirabel deflected most of the damage, and is down to [8/10.] Lem, because you didn't explicitly order an attack, I'm giving you advantaged initiative next round.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl (4/4) FIRST BLOOD!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 03:33:46 pm »

Quick, move to the golem Lem is hiding behind.
Standard, Stuff said golem into my Hammer Space.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2023, 04:23:01 pm »

Tim giggles manically. Maybe. The dice gods are fickle, they give to her, they takeaway.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 04:48:25 pm »

(If ordering minions is free, otherwise replace whatever action necessary to prevent the psycho shotgun man from getting close to me.)
Free: "GOLEM! CRUSH HIM!"
Quick: Open my catalog, frantically paging through before deciding on a-
Standard: "By my name I call thee, as my right I bind thee, rise and serve me, Snow Pixie!
Free: "I know it's a little underwhelming, but I'm on a budget here ok?!?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 05:26:01 pm »

"Ouch!"

Standard: Mirabel bludgeons Bobby Joe with her reflective staff.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4