Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 36684 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (7 / 11) - Day 4 - A New Temple
« Reply #1125 on: May 22, 2023, 12:47:53 pm »

That's a strange way to characterize it. I'm playing for the victory of my alignment, that's what's most important. Whatever the deal is with max is less urgent than eliminating scum, and saying stuff which prevents cult from recruiting me betters the odds of my current alignment winning.
I see. You're being honest though. We aren't playing the same game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 22, 2023, 12:49:09 pm »

Shurgs. Also if webadict can double vote, I think Toaster hammered.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 22, 2023, 12:54:26 pm »

I'm going to ignore that because I enjoy being able to post something during the day.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 22, 2023, 12:56:30 pm »

It is over, yes guy who hammered by accident yesterday.

I'm already dead so I get to taunt everyone.

There's a pretty good reason why I didn't claim miller when this game started. I probably would have if I was scum, but my agenda was different. Max was correct that I have a different wincon, but it's not a town wincon or a cult wincon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 22, 2023, 07:03:55 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (1): NJW2000
NJW2000 (0):
Toaster (0):
ToonyMan (5): EuchreJack, TricMagic, webadict, webadict, Toaster
TricMagic (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):

5 votes hammers.

Not Voting (2): Egan_BW, ToonyMan

Okay it looks like Toaster hammered. I will write up the end of day in a separate post instead of editing it into this one!
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 22, 2023, 07:44:40 pm »

ToonyMan stares you all down, then cracks a smile, and laughs.

He's still laughing until a few seconds after his death.

ToonyMan has been executed.

ToonyMan was Cult.

"You win if the majority of living players are a member of your Cult faction and this fact cannot be forcibly changed by players outside your faction."

ToonyMan was Metagunsmith.

(Auto) Ricochet [choice]: You’ve made very sure you can’t be defeated by your own Guns. At any time not during action resolution you may choose a new living player to be the subject of this ability. When you would be targeted by a Gun ability, it’s redirected to the player you chose.
(Innate, Auto) Gunsmith’s Fervor: You’re perhaps too eager to share your work. When you use Metaforge Metagun, if targeting a player other than yourself, you gain 1 extra AP to spend on the action’s modifiers only. However, each time you select a modifier from Metaforge Metagun, future uses of that modifier will require 1 higher level of cost.
{APX, min.1} (Innate, Night) Metaforge Metagun [target/self]: You create a Gun ability and grant it to your target or yourself. You construct the Gun by dividing the AP spent on this action among your available modifiers, but you must select one Shape and one Color. A modifier may not be selected multiple times, and a given Shape or Color cannot be used more than once per Night.
—{AP0} (Shape) Pistol: The Gun created is 1-Shot, Single, is 0 AP to use, and reduces Lucky Numbers by 2.
—{AP0/0/1} (Shape) Shotgun: The Gun created is 1-Shot, Single, is 2 AP to use, and reduces Lucky Numbers by 4.
—{AP1/1/2} (Shape) Rifle: The Gun created is 2-Shot, Single, is 1 AP to use, and reduces Lucky Numbers by 3.
—{AP0/0/0/1} (Color) Red: The Gun alters the red Lucky Number.
—{AP0/0/1} (Color) Green: The Gun alters the green Lucky Number.
—{AP1/2} (Color) Purple: The Gun alters the purple Lucky Number.
—{AP1/2/3} (Color) Pink: The Gun alters the pink Lucky Number.
—{AP0/1} Backfiring: The Gun, when used, will hit the player that used it instead of their intended target or targets. This Modifier is not displayed in the Gun’s ability name or details to players other than you.
—{AP1} Silenced: The Gun ability will not count as having visited the user’s target, for the purpose of investigative results.
—{AP1} Drum-Loaded: The Gun ability will have 1 additional Shot.
—{AP1/2} Syringe: The Gun ability will increase values instead of decreasing them.
—{AP1/2} Double Barreled: The Gun ability will target an additional player.
—{AP1/2} Quickfire: The Gun will cost 0 AP to use.
—{AP1/2/3} Concealed: The Gun ability may be used in the Day in addition to the Night. However, the usage of a Gun during the Day is a public action - “[playername] shoots [playername] with a gun!” will be posted as a result of its usage.
{AP2} (1-Shot, Night) One In The Chamber [target]: You know your weapons greater than anyone else ever could, which lets you get some final use out of expended weaponry. Choose an expended Gun ability you possess, and use it on your target. You may choose an additional target if the Gun is Double Barreled.
{AP3} (1-Shot, Night) Magnum Opus [target/self]: You create a true masterwork. You use Metaforge Metagun with a 6 AP budget on your target, and ignore Gunsmith’s Fervor. Additionally, the gun’s Number-alteration strength will be increased by 1 for every AP credit left unspent.
{AP0} (Super, 1-Shot, Night) Metaducttape [self/target]: Name two abilities that are within your target’s role. They will be merged into one by the power of the divine duct tape, at the end of the Night. Set your pink Lucky Number to 0 as a second cost for this action. You may even merge Innates.
Quote from: Reference
(Reference) {AP0} (1-Shot, Gun, Single, Night) Red Pistol [target]: You shoot your target with a red pistol, reducing their red Lucky Number by 2.

The game is still not over. I would release you from your torment, and myself from my own, if I could, but at least one anti-Town player still remains in the game.

By the way, Maximum Spin has re-entered the game. Just in time to participate in... Night 4.

Dead gods, this game has gone on far longer than it has any right to.

Someone kill it.

Night 4 has begun, and will end at 8 PM, Central time, Tuesday, May 23rd.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will probably not be able to process the night at that time due to probably being asleep.

My phone stopped charging, and as it happens, I don't have anything else that'd serve as a good enough alarm clock to make sure I get into work on time.

Therefore I am postponing my usual sleep until after work, backed by my willingness to consume coffee, shower cold, and push through for the sake of my job security.

Tentative actual Night end time will be sometime tomorrow, early AM or late PM, Central time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Processing Night actions.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Night actions processed. I'll take care of the Lucky Numbers, and start the Day, once I finish grocery shopping.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh hey, NJW2000 is dead.

NJW2000 has died.

NJW2000 was Cult.

"You win if the majority of living players are a member of your Cult faction and this fact cannot be forcibly changed by players outside your faction."

NJW2000 was Werewolf Researcher.

(Innate, Factional, Auto) Blessing of the Blood Moon: The blood moon shines down upon you all. Players of your faction also gain the effect of Blessing of the Blood Moon, even if you are dead. You are aware of the value of your Life by default, and do not need to wait for the daily update to learn its current state. You cannot gain Infection. Once per Night, you may pay 2 Life to increase your AP by 1.
(Auto) Blood Regeneration: Every time a player not of your alignment dies, your red Lucky Number increases by 2.
{1AP} (Innate, Single, 2-Shot, Night) Howl of Enlightenment [target]: You call loudly for your target to join you in the quest for bloody enlightenment. If your target is Town, you convert their alignment to Cult and, if successful, grant them your primary win condition and access to your private cult chat. This action only loses a shot if it fully succeeds.
{3 AP} (Night) Follow The Blood [target]: You bite your target, reducing their red Lucky Number by 2. You then track their blood, learning who they targeted, and track everyone they targeted, learning who those people targeted as well.
{4 AP} (1-Shot, Night) Blood Infection [target]: You infect your target with a genetically altered flu. They gain the status Infection.
{AP2} (1-Shot, Gun, Single, Night) Purple Double Barreled Shotgun [target1][target2]: You shoot your targets with a purple shotgun with two barrels, reducing their purple Lucky Numbers by 4.
{AP0} (2-Shot, Gun, Single, Night) Red Quickfire Rifle [target]: You shoot your target with a rapid-fire rifle, reducing their red Lucky Number by 3.
Quote from: Reference
(Reference) (Status) Infection: A nasty flu. Your red Lucky Number is reduced by 1 before the start of each Day while you have this status. Each action you perform that visits another player has a 25% chance per AP spent on that action to give that player Infection. Infection can stack.

Nope, game still isn't over. There's still someone (or multiple someones) that need to die.

Here's the obligatory start of day vote count. Please note that EuchreJack and TricMagic are both glowing gold.

Also note that Knightwing64 has revived.

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
Toaster (0):
TricMagic (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):

6 votes hammers.

Not Voting (0): Egan_BW, EuchreJack, EuchreJack, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, Toaster, TricMagic, TricMagic, webadict, webadict

Was there anything else... oh right.

If Egan_BW is executed today, every player whose vote was on them when the execution was processed will receive a Boon.

Day 5 has started. Day 5 will end at 12:30 AM Central time Saturday, May 27th.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (7 / 11) - Day 5 - Roundabout Gravestyle
« Reply #1135 on: May 25, 2023, 12:34:07 am »

Tips:
I left the game myself.
ToonyMan did not convert me. In fact, I never even had a gun, like I said. I don't know if he was lying or some arcane ability interaction made him think otherwise.
I received an ability upgrade during the night I disappeared, too. Ironically, it makes me unconvertable for real. I also no longer need to kill Egan, as long as town wins during the day, so that's cool.
I did some stuff last night, but most of it was about NJW, and now he's dead, so it doesn't make much difference. Hopefully I helped kill him.

Egan, what's this thing you gave me do?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 25, 2023, 03:02:37 am »

No offense Max, but we're proooooobably voting you if we don't win here.

Weirdly enough, EuchreJack lied about what he did Night 3...  Very odd.  He never used his Gun to kill NQT.

EuchreJack has hours of life left!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 25, 2023, 03:09:26 am »

Hm, wait.  Tric should claim first.  I have to see what happened here

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 25, 2023, 03:13:37 am »

Hm...

No, I ended up targeting Egan last Night.  Someone either bussed EuchreJack or Redirected me.  Now...  Why would you do that, Max?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 25, 2023, 03:15:37 am »

Nah, let's just vote out Max here, he's lying too much.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 88