Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 36947 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (9 / 11) - Night 3 - Luminous Salvation
« Reply #1005 on: May 21, 2023, 12:16:21 am »

notquitethere plummets from the sky, landing right onto the hot dog stall, crushing it to bits.

It looks like he was dead before he hit it, but it's not as though the impact did him any favors.

notquitethere has died.

notquitethere was Cult.

"You win if 50% or more of the living players are members of your Cult faction and this fact cannot be forcibly changed by players outside your faction."

notquitethere was The Jimadict.

{AP3} (Innate, Double, Day) Kill Webadict Now [choice]: You wield the stolen powers of the original Webadict. While you are the only living member of your faction, you may choose a player who has unvoted off you this Day and attempt to convert their alignment to Cult. If this is successful, you grant them your primary win condition and access to your private cultchat. If this fails - such as if your target is already Cult, or they are immune to conversion, your AP is refunded, but you are not told why this action failed, and you may not attempt to use this action on that player again this Day.
(Innate, 1-Shot, Auto) Eldritch Possession: Your spirit is indomitable and chaotic. When you die, as long as there is a living player you have used Kill Webadict Now successfully on, you automatically trade roles with them before any flip occurs, but unfortunately this ability publicly reveals its details as the price of doing so. Once your spirit has been transferred, it is weakened, and cannot use Day actions until a full Day has passed. When you ‘level up’, this ability’s shot reloads if it was expended.
(Innate, Auto) Experience Siphon: You are a natural sink for Experience. Whenever a player who is a living member of your Cult faction, other than yourself, gains Experience, you gain twice that much Experience as well. Unlike other players, when you ‘level up’, your Experience is reduced by 10 instead of being reset to 0, and you will ‘level up’ multiple times just before the start of a Day if possible given your current Experience. You also automatically learn the Experience gain triggers of any players you recruit with Kill Webadict Now.
{2AP} (4-Shot, Night) Jim Of All Trades [target]: You can do anything! No, not really. But you can do a few things, even without having grown in power. You can only use each mode up to twice, though!
—Track: You learn which player or players your target visited this Night.
—Block: You block your target’s actions this Night.
—Inspect: You learn your target’s alignment and entire win condition.
—Protect: You protect your target from being killed or having their Lucky Numbers reduced this Night.
—Redirect: Also has a [choice] tag. All targeted actions your target performs this Night have their primary targets changed to your chosen player.
{3AP} (Super, 1-Shot, Night) One In The Chamber [target]: You have one Bullet left. But in a game without other Bullets, that’s all it takes. You kill your target and nothing can prevent this from happening, except another Super ability. They are permanently unable to revive or be revived, and this fact is publicly revealed. This ability absolutely cannot regain its shot after it is used.

They had no other abilities.

The remainder of you gather to begin your deliberations and voting, but it looks like Maximum Spin has somehow managed to vacate the premises. Hopefully he'll be back eventually.

Maximum Spin has exited the game state.

Maybe he could help you fix up the hot dog stand.

Players may no longer buy Hot Dogs.

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Toaster (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):

5 votes hammers.

Not Voting (8): Egan_BW, EuchreJack, NJW2000, Toaster, ToonyMan, TricMagic, webadict, webadict

Day 4 has started. Day 4 will end at 12:30 AM Central time, Tuesday, May 23rd, or on hammer.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 12:25:24 am by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (7 / 11) - Day 4 - Violence and Vacancy
« Reply #1006 on: May 21, 2023, 12:25:09 am »

My AW fragment watched itself and attempted to visit Max to give him the Godfather ability.
It seems that nobody visited AW. The log also said something about someone has a hot dog, so learn how many people visited them, which was 0.
Max could not be found, for reasons now obvious.

My CW fragment attempted to return NQT's role to as it was at the start of the game, hoping that would prevent whatever bullshit was about to happen rather than help it along. Action was successful, so I thought he would flip as firefly something? Perhaps there was some absurd misdirection with him and jim?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 21, 2023, 12:26:35 am »

Fallacy, are we meant to learn the name of NQT's role?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 21, 2023, 12:26:55 am »

oh, it was edited in? or I'm insane?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 21, 2023, 12:32:15 am »

The way I read it, we don't have to worry about people being converted by unvoting NQT in day 3, because the day actions of their rule were disabled.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 21, 2023, 12:34:15 am »

Experience gain triggers? WTF fal.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 21, 2023, 12:35:48 am »

And this is why you don't vote every player on D1.

I couldn't give any guns out last night because of somebody.

Who killed NQT?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 21, 2023, 12:42:21 am »

Seems I was killed by One In The Chamber, since I'm unrevivable. So NQT used Jim's role on night 2 to shoot me.
An unlucky shot, since anyone else would have died.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 21, 2023, 12:44:16 am »

Also, the green number is experience. If it reaches 10 it resets to 0 and you gain an new ability themed to your role.

And then I can delevel you, muah ha ha.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 21, 2023, 12:46:13 am »

Seems I was killed by One In The Chamber, since I'm unrevivable. So NQT used Jim's role on night 2 to shoot me.
An unlucky shot, since anyone else would have died.
One of my abilities is called One In The Chamber but it doesn't work exactly like that. I think NQT or Jim copied my ability at some point since it's too much of a coincidence.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 21, 2023, 01:10:12 am »

If they copied your ability, surely it WOULD work just the same? And did either of their roles have a copy ability?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 21, 2023, 01:18:00 am »

I could be wrong but as far as I can tell NOBODY unvoted Jim on Day 2. I think that means that Jim's cult is eliminated from the game.
NQT was recruited some time during day 1, Jim got no chance to recruit during day 2 before being executed, and NQT could not use day actions during day 3.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 21, 2023, 03:55:51 am »

And this is why you don't vote every player on D1.

I couldn't give any guns out last night because of somebody.

Who killed NQT?

Well, I shot NQT for 3 damage.  I figured multiple people would shoot NQT with their peashooters, so by adding my damage, we'd likely kill NQT.

I also was unable to act upon Maximum Spin.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 21, 2023, 03:57:00 am »

Oh look, Web has two votes.  Should help, since this is likely LYLO, Town vs. Cult #2.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 21, 2023, 03:58:59 am »

Also, the green number is experience. If it reaches 10 it resets to 0 and you gain an new ability themed to your role.

And then I can delevel you, muah ha ha.

Oh, so THAT is how I learned my new ability on Night 2.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88