Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Space Wars (turn 6)  (Read 3598 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (started)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2023, 09:52:39 am »

As a question to A1s, is Temporal Stasis something that prevents you from attacking out of that area since resources become 0 for it? And is it broadcast as such globally so players can account for it. (Since it's impossible to attack.)
You can't attack from stasis. Any forces sent to attack a stasis star system return home unscathed, but are otherwise wasted.

Likewise, is their a limit on how often you can use it on a single system? (NQT is in prime position to survive indefinitely if not. Grixonia can't be taken and protects a star system for investment. Meaning they will always be a thorn is the area that can't be uprooted.)
I did not envision that there be limits. However, rember you don't need to kill off everyone to win, just have more star systems and RP.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2023, 09:55:39 am »

So do I just redirect my resources if it happens? Or do I just lose them all?

nin.. How do I beat that though...

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2023, 09:57:26 am »

As a question to A1s, is Temporal Stasis something that prevents you from attacking out of that area since resources become 0 for it? And is it broadcast as such globally so players can account for it. (Since it's impossible to attack.)
If you wanted to know what someone was going to do, you had the chance to be a psionic. :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2023, 10:01:41 am »

So do I just redirect my resources if it happens? Or do I just lose them all?
You lose the resources invested in attacking the system.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (7/12)
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2023, 05:14:10 pm »

TURN 2

notquitethere
Uses timeskip on Grixonia temporarily boosting it to 15 RP
Invests 6 RP in Grixonia
Supreme Admiral Tarkon personally leads the assault of Celliuwei, overwhelming local defenses.
Celliuwei is conquered, and pillaged for 5.

Jerick
Uses Psychic Assault to lower the defnse capability of Yubarth
Uses Psychic Sabotage to temporarily lower output of Benvilles.
Raises 1 drone in Nerus
Invests 4 in Nerus
Supreme Admiral Electaine personally leads the assault of Yubarth with 10 ships: 10 + 6 + 3 Vs 10 - 2 + 3 = 19 > 11
Yubarth is conquered and pillaged for 5.

Maxine
Uses Timeskip on Brarvis 41Q temporarily boosting it to 15 RP
Invests 9 RP in Brarvis 41Q
Raises 1 Drone in Brarvis 41Q
Supreme Admiral Darjed Gurons personally leads the assault of Lesihines with 5 ships: 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 Vs 10 +4 = 14 = 14
Local Lesihines defenses barely repel the attackers, and Darjed Gurons manages to escape safely

TricMagic
Raises 1 drone in Cunroastea.
Supreme Admiral Boshura  personally leads the assault of Chobrourus with 9 ships: 9 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 10 Vs 10 + 3 = 28 > 13
Chobrourus is conquered, Boshura negotiates surrender of several cities preventing bloodshed, and Chobrourus is only pillaged for 4.

Quarque
Uses Psychic Assault to lower the defnse capability of Mizuno.
Uses Psychic Sabotage to temporarily lower output of Pephonoe.
Raises 1 drone in Ladus YTE6
Invests 5 RP in Ladus YTE6
Supreme Admiral Sedrick Vandermeulen personally leads the assault of Mizuno with 9 ships, 9 + 5 + 6 Vs 10 -2 +5 = 20 > 13
Mizuno is conquered, Sedrick Vandermeulen installs a puppet government, and Mizuno is only pillaged for 4.

Kashyyk
Raises 1 drone in Xervoth
Invests 8 RP in Xervoth

zemaj
Uses Timeskip on Hazuno temporarily boosting it to 15 RP
Invests 6 RP in Hazuno
Raises one drone in Hazuno
Supreme Admiral Unit GC-XE42 personally leads the assault of Cocarro with 8 ships 8 + 7 +2 Vs 10 + 2 = 17 > 12
Cocarro is conquered, Unit GC-XE42 convinces a refinery AI not to self-destruct and Cocarro  is only pillaged for 4.

Moves Needed: Jerick, Kashyyk, Maxine, notquitethere, TricMagic, Quarque, zemaj

Spoiler: Resource & Drone Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Admirals of Space (click to show/hide)

Feel free to mention any mistakes
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 04:02:28 pm by a1s »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (turn 2)
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2023, 12:50:31 pm »

Question A1s, why does Nerus still have 20 Resources if they raised a drone?

For Risk of Tea
The Supreme Admiral and 6 RU go to capture Uthaulea. (6+6+2+1=15)
9 RU and 1 Drone go to capture Millides (9+3+2+1=15)

zemaj. You can rest assured we won't be fighting. Good luck with NQT. I have to Take a Chance.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 01:30:37 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2023, 01:23:21 pm »

They invested 4 RU in it to offset the loss.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2023, 02:23:14 pm »

This is the first and final warning: do not edit posts in this thread. Doubly so posts with orders in them.
Anyone caught editing posts will auto-stall. Starting now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2023, 02:37:46 pm »

... Guess I should have doubleposted then, if at all.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (turn 3)
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2023, 05:04:44 pm »

TURN 3

notquitethere
Uses timeskip on Grixonia temporarily boosting it to 17 RP
Uses temporal stasis on Celliuwei.
Invests 9 RP in Grixonia.
Supreme Admiral Tarkon personally leads the assault on Thutulea with 13 ships: 13 + 6 + 4 Vs 10 + 10 = 23 > 20
Thutulea is conquered and pillaged for 5.

Jerick
Using Psionic Assualt on the attackers of Uthaulea (that's TricMagic's forces)
Using Psionic Sabatoge to temporarily lower output of Chobrouros by 3.
Supreme Admiral Electaine personally leads the assault of Thaanides with 1 drone and 9 ships: 9 + 3 + 6 +4 Vs 10 + 2 = 22 > 12
Thaanides is conquered and pillaged for 5.
Attacks Benvilles with 11 ships: 11 +2 Vs 7 +3 = 13>10
Benvilles is conquered and pillaged for 5.

Maxine
Uses Timeskip on Brarvis 41Q temporarily boosting it to 17 RP
Supreme Admiral Darjed Gurons personally leads the assault of Lesihines with 7 ships: 7 + 5 + 2 + 7 Vs 10 +6 = 21 > 16
Lesihines is conquered and pillaged for 5
Attacks Cippe C142 with 10 ships and 1 drone: 10 + 3 + 2 + 1 Vs 10 +6 = 16 = 16
Cippe C142 defenses destroy the drone, and the rest of the attack collapses.

TricMagic
Forces attacking Uthaulea report supernaturally low morale.
Output of Chobrouros is temporally lowered by 6 for the next turn (it is now temporarily devastated)
The Supreme Admiral and 6 ships go to capture Uthaulea. 6 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 2 -2 + 8 Vs 10 + 5 = 19 > 15
Uthaulea is conquered. Boshura convinces a high placed bureaucrat so switch sides and Uthaulea is only pillaged for 4.
Attacks Millides  with  9 ships and 1 Drone: 9 + 3 + 2 +1 + 5 VS 10 + 6 = 20 > 16
Millides is conquered. Millides garrison surrenders to Boshura and Millides is only pillaged for 4.

Quarque
Using Psionic Assualt on the attackers of Uthaulea (that's TricMagic's forces)
Using Psionic Sabatoge to temporarily lower output of Chobrouros by 3.
Builds a drone at Ladus YTE6
Builds a drone at Mizuno
Attacks Pephonoe with 11 ships: 11 + 2 Vs 7 + 5 = 13 > 12
Pephonoe is conquered. Sedrick Vandermeulen promisses not to sabotage Pephonoe again, and it's pillaged for only 4.
Supreme Admiral Sedrick Vandermeulen personally leads and assault on Tunruhines  with 8 ships and 1 drone:  8 + 5 +3 + 10 Vs 10 +3 = 26 > 13
Tunruhines is conquered. Several key cities surrender to Sedrick Vandermeulen and Tunruhines is only pillaged for 4.

Kashyyk
Invests 4 RP in Xervoth.
Supreme Admiral Choria V'josillit personally leads the assault of Izovis with 7 ships and 1 drone: 7 + 3 + 7 + 4 Vs 10 +5 = 21 > 15
Izovis is conquered and pillaged for 5.

zemaj
Uses Timeskip on Hazuno temporarily boosting it to 16 RP
Supreme Admiral Unit GC-XE42 perosnally leads the assault on Dalrerth with 9 ships: 9 + 7 + 8 Vs 10 + 2 = 24 > 12
Dalrerth is conqeured. Unit GC-XE42 promises to spare those who surrender and Dalerth is only pillaged for 4.
Attacks Narvis 9C with 13 ships and a drone: 13 + 3 + 10 Vs 10 +9 = 26 > 19
Narvis 9C is conquered, Several key cities surrender to Unit GC-XE42 and Narvis 9C is only pillaged for 4.

Moves Needed: Jerick, Kashyyk, Maxine, notquitethere, TricMagic, Quarque, zemaj

Spoiler: Resource & Drone Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Admirals of Space (click to show/hide)

Feel free to mention any mistakes and remember to declare your empires.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 12:47:45 pm by a1s »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2023, 06:09:55 pm »

To be beset by supernatural forces. But do not worry, for we have Tea.

For The Glory of Tea, strike back against the oppressors!
The Empire of Tea is declared!
The Supreme Admiral, 17 RU, and 1 Drone attack Bensville. For the glorious Tea! (If possible, add the other 10 RU from the Empire declaration. Not sure if it's this turn or next.)
1 RU defends Chobrourus from invasion.
3 Drones Built from the areas that can afford them..

The Might of the Tachionic Tea shall cleanse you of sin!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2023, 06:50:00 pm »

Question about the rules. If a system is defended with only one resource unit and it's psychologically psionically assaulted, hypothetically. What would happen? Is defense lowered below zero? Does it count as undefended?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2023, 08:46:23 pm »

Ah teamwork makes the nightmare work. It was added on as a modifier to my roll, so would think no. Bad as their morale may be, you still have to put in a token effort, hopefully. (Though even if it is, that's one less that will be demoralizing the main force.)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2023, 01:52:53 am »

Question about the rules. If a system is defended with only one resource unit and it's psychologically psionically assaulted, hypothetically. What would happen? Is defense lowered below zero? Does it count as undefended?
It does not count as undefended. Think of it as temporarily giving the forces the "unprepared" status.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2023, 01:56:47 am »

(If possible, add the other 10 RU from the Empire declaration. Not sure if it's this turn or next.)
The bonus starts from next turn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7