Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Space Wars (turn 6)  (Read 3581 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (turn 4)
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2023, 09:32:29 am »

Intriguing how the game has turned into a Psionic upper sector vs Chronotech lower sector, with the other techs on the side.

Sorry, but in my opinion their old orders should count.
The OP is pretty clear:

For your orders to be valid, they must be bolded using the forum bbcode.

Though, I must admit I don't remember to submit my PM'd orders in bold, as there doesn't seem any need.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2023, 09:36:45 am »

Very well, Psions (who have submitted a spy target, but it's at this point it's an open secret that that's both of you) may retarget this turn, if the target is TricMagic. Or they can confirm their current target. Current target will be auto-confirmed at stall time.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2023, 09:37:40 am »

Sorry, but in my opinion their old orders should count. The only reason me & Jerick didn't submit orders yet is because the rest is stalling. In addition, Jericks spy target was based on Trics decision to go public. This is plain abuse of GM patience.
One solution is to allow Jerrik to resubmit their spy order, as no one has made any moves right now besides me.

ninja.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2023, 10:18:28 am »

For your orders to be valid, they must be bolded using the forum bbcode.

Though, I must admit I don't remember to submit my PM'd orders in bold, as there doesn't seem any need.
It's a lame excuse and abusive. Previous orders (including public ones) weren't bolded either. Are we going to undo those as well?

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2023, 10:51:04 am »

It's a lame excuse and abusive. Previous orders (including public ones) weren't bolded either. Are we going to undo those as well?

It's RAW.  Much like there is no rule against explicitly coordinating power usage to gain massive advantage and shift balance to near non-existence.  We are playing the same game, abuse of game rules to gain a specific edge.

If anything, it is GM adhering to RAW, in favor of consistency over spirit of rules.  That's how its supposed to work.  A warning over not skating rules in such ways notwithstanding.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2023, 11:01:50 am »

According to RAW Tricmagic committed no orders in turn 1 or in turn 2. If this is corrected as well, I'm fine with letting him undo his current orders.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2023, 11:08:53 am »

The GM has addressed the discrepancy and allowed those affected to adjust their actions for it. Yes, it is not ideal that all rules have not been followed completely, but I feel the GM has ensured play continues witinh the spirit of the rules and preserved fairness in the best way possible short of resetting the whole game.

As such, I don't think this issue needs to be discussed further.

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2023, 12:28:07 pm »

I'd rather not be accused of stalling when all I was doing was, gasp, sleeping and working. It hasn't even been 24 hours, no?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2023, 12:33:18 pm »

I'd rather not be accused of stalling when all I was doing was, gasp, sleeping and working. It hasn't even been 24 hours, no?
Stalling takes 72 hours, you have nothing to worry about.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2023, 12:49:26 pm »

If you're responding to me here, I'm very sorry. I shouldn't have responded like this.

I got carried away, mainly because this:

Just to be clear: I'm allowing this because none of your lazy asses have submitted turns yet.
Made it sting, because I can't submit my turn until others have done so. It felt like an opponent is given special treatment to punish me for things other people did. Not intended as such, so yeah. I should go out more.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2023, 12:58:47 pm »

I'm sorry I implied you were lazy, Quarque, you have consistently submitted your turns on time, despite having to make 2 PMs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (turn 5)
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2023, 01:30:42 pm »

TURN 5

notquitethere
Uses timeskip on Thutulea temporarily boosting it to 16 RP
Invests 39 RP in Thutulea
Becomes a Galactic Empire
Defends Zurn J06, but no enemy comes.
Defends Celliuwei, but no enemy comes.
Raises drones: Zurn J06, Celliuwei, Grixonia, Thutulea

Jerick
Sabatoges Lesihines
Assualts defenders at Cunroasta
Supreme Admiral Electaine personally leads the assault of Cunroasta with 19 ships: 19 + 6 + 2 Vs 18 + 12 + 3 + 2 -2 -2 + 9 = 27 < 40
The attack is beaten back through the incredible power of Tachion drones. Supreme Admiral Electaine heroically sacrifices himself.
Defends Chobrourus with 20 ships and 1 drone, they slaughter the attackers.
Builds a Drone in Thaanides

Maxine
Uses timeskip on Brarvis 31Q temporarily boosting it to 20 RP
Invests 12 R.U into Brarvis 31Q
Uses Time Stasis on Launov.
Build drones: Lesihines, Brarvis 31Q

Empire of Tea
Build drone in Cunroatea
Defenders of Cunroatea report low morale.
Admiral Killgore personally oversees the defense of Cunroatea with 18 ships and 3 Drones, and beat back the attackers
Attacks Chobrourus with 2 ships, but they stand no chance against the well prepared defenders.

Starlink
Psychic Assault to weaken the defense of Cunroastea
Psychic Sabotage on Geruta
Raise drones on Bao KUS, Garia and Tunruhines
Supreme Admiral Sedrick Vandermeulen personally oversees the invasion of Izovis with 3 drones and 1 ship: 5 + 9 + 1 + 1 Vs 5 + 1 + 5 = 15 > 11
Izovis is conquered. Sedrick Vandermeulen convinces a powerful beurocrat to switch sides, and Izovis is only pillaged for 1.
Invades Gonrorix with 4 drones and 2 ships: 12 + 2 + 2 Vs 7 + 5 = 16 > 12
Gorix is conquered. Sedrick Vandermeulen negotiates the surrender of an importnant fortress and Gorix is only pillaged for 4.
Defends Garia, but no enemy comes.

Kashyyk
Defends Izovis with 1 Drone and 1 ship, but is defeated
Invests in Xevorth with 4 RU
Builds a Drone at Izovis

zemaj
Uses timeskip on Dalrerth temporarily boosting it to 10 RP
Build Drone in Cocarro
Invest 3RU in Hazuno
Attacks Thaanides, crushing the opposition.
Thaanides is conquered and pillaged for 1.
Supreme Admiral Unit GC-XE42 personally oversees the defense of Narvis 9C, but no enemy comes.
Defends Cocarro, but no enemy comes.

Maxine and Kashyyk
Maxine Attacks Cippe C142 with 1 ship and loses (1 + 6 Vs 5 + 4 )
Supreme Admiral Choria V'josillit personally oversees the assault of Cippe C142 with 6 ships and wins ( 7 +6 + 6 Vs 5 + 5)
Kashyyk conquers Cippe C142. It is pillaged for 5.

notquitethere and Maxine
notquitethere attacks Varuta with 1 ship and loses (1 + 1 Vs 5 + 1)
Admiral Durjon Gurons personally leads the assault of Varuta overwhelming their defenses.
Maxine conquers Varuta, it is pillaged for 5.

Starlink and Kashyyk
Starlink Invades Senarth with 14 ships and wins (14 + 3 Vs 5 +1)
Kashyyk Invades Senarth with 12RU and 1 Drone and wins (12 + 3 +4 Vs 5 + 5)
Starlink forces push Kashyyk out of the system.
Sedrick Vandermeulen promises forgiveness to all who fought and Senarth is only pillaged for 4.

High Admiral Moonstein (CV 4) the Strategist is psychicaly elected to lead the nation

Moves Needed: Jerick, Kashyyk, Maxine, notquitethere, TricMagic, Quarque, zemaj

Spoiler: Resource & Drone Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Admirals of Space (click to show/hide)

Feel free to mention any mistakes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:51:37 am by a1s »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2023, 01:40:56 pm »

We live to drink tea another day. Defense manages to win out.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2023, 02:26:12 pm »

Thanks for the update. Sabotage of Geruta is missing in the overview of resources.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2023, 05:21:54 pm »

The resource totals of Jerick and Zemaj do not match the sum of holdings. My resource count is missing either the Resourceful or the Empire bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7