Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Space Wars (turn 6)  (Read 3585 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (5/12)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2023, 06:29:58 pm »

I offer the Biomech Choria V'josillit, Defender Strategist of Xevorth (Silver)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (5/12)
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2023, 09:15:07 am »

I think we can begin tomorrow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (6/12)
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2023, 09:23:18 am »

In the name of Tea, I shall Conquer you~

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (6/12)
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2023, 08:29:20 pm »

Admiral Unit GC-XE42, Strategist Diplomat, ChronoTech type, stationed at Hazuno

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (7/12)
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2023, 03:49:36 am »

Final change before we start: Low Admirals will be promoted to High by gaining 1-3CV and (coin toss) either losing their negative trait or gaining a random positive one, if they survive for 10 turns.   But no one can ever be as good as a Supreme Admiral- guard them well.
And with that, we begin:

TURN 1

Quote from: Command Value rolls
Admiral Tarkon:6
Admiral Electaine:6
Admiral Darjed Gurons:5
Admiral Boshura: 6
Sedrick Vandermeulen: 5
Choria V'josillit: 7
Unit GC-XE42: 7

The Eternal Night has ended and the interstellar gate network is operable once again ... Seven crafty individuals have managed to unite their planets' populations and are trying to restore the Intergalactic Empire under their rule as Supreme Overlord of the Universe, starting with this star cluster:

Moves Needed: Jerick, Kashyyk, Maxine, notquitethere, TricMagic, Quarque, zemaj

Spoiler: Resource & Drone Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Admirals of Space (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 04:11:26 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wars (a Haspen-like game) (started)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2023, 04:29:08 am »

Question, if you create a drone, does it reduce the amount of available resources for that same turn?

Example, a player has a total income of 10. Can they attack another system for 10 and convert 1 resource into a drone in the same turn?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2023, 05:11:23 am »

That silver is quite close to the default Grey of neutral systems. I'm happy to switch to White if that's easier.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2023, 05:40:40 am »

Question, if you create a drone, does it reduce the amount of available resources for that same turn?

Example, a player has a total income of 10. Can they attack another system for 10 and convert 1 resource into a drone in the same turn?
The way this worked in the vampire game a1s has based this off is that you have to choose between using the resource or converting it into a drone, so in your example you could only attack with 9.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2023, 05:49:08 am »

It does reduce the amount of resources available. You also can't use the drone on the same turn. Think of it as manufacturing lag.
In your example, the player would have to attack with 9 resources or forego the drone conversion.

That silver is quite close to the default Grey of neutral systems. I'm happy to switch to White if that's easier.
You need to clean your monitor- the neutral worlds are already white. I can witch to a darker grey for you, though. :)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2023, 08:12:00 am »

I do have both the forum's darkling mode and a dark mode on my browser, so perhaps it is that.  I'll take a darker grey.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2023, 08:46:21 am »

For the Glory of TEA!
The Supreme Admiral Boshura and 9 Resource Units are dedicated to the spread of Tea. Chobrourus shall be converted.
1 Resource Unit from Cunroastea is made into a Drone Unit. Needs must for the spread of Tea.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2023, 09:17:38 am »

ok two more questions

Does the sabotage ability work against neutral star systems?

Regarding diplomacy, is it allowed / possible to trade or give away drones? In return for things like eh, intel for example.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2023, 09:23:01 am »

Does the sabotage ability work against neutral star systems?
I don't see why not. Note that your use of this ability is public knowledge.
Regarding diplomacy, is it allowed / possible to trade or give away drones? In return for things like eh, intel for example.
Not in this game. Maybe there will be trade in the sequel.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2023, 09:41:11 am »

I'm wondering if Admiral Electaine would like some Tea and Diplomacy. You have a choice of Thaanides or Benvilles as your exit route out of system. Would suggest the latter just so we can have some safety between us. But we're a bit clustered. (You can in fact take both, but I'd consider that an act of aggression so early on.)

As a question to A1s, is Temporal Stasis something that prevents you from attacking out of that area since resources become 0 for it? And is it broadcast as such globally so players can account for it. (Since it's impossible to attack.)

Likewise, is their a limit on how often you can use it on a single system? (NQT is in prime position to survive indefinitely if not. Grixonia can't be taken and protects a star system for investment. Meaning they will always be a thorn is the area that can't be uprooted.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:43:47 am by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2023, 09:49:06 am »

It's a good ability, but me or Maxine being immune to total wipe-out doesn't prevent anyone else from winning. As all actions are simultaneous, I can't see how it could be broadcast.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7