Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Use Last Selected" for construction.  (Read 381 times)

TheHam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
"Use Last Selected" for construction.
« on: April 06, 2023, 03:02:54 pm »

As the title suggests, been messing about with the Premium interface of DF very new to the game but construction tools are fairly clunky and hard to work with, makes above ground or cleared cavern builds tedious. General improvements to placement go without saying but a new option when choosing build material of "use last selected" would be great, so instead of manually picking whichever of the 20 types of brick stone and log you have lying around every time or micromanaging stockpiles to ensure closest material is what you need it to be the game makes a note of the last material selected by "manually select".

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: "Use Last Selected" for construction.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 03:20:32 pm »

I'd appreciate something like this too, and / or a better construction planner that let me specify larger shapes while possibly even letting you designate the construction without enough materials.  It's pretty annoying to start designating a wall only to find out that you're short 2 conglomerate blocks, so it would be nice if you could designate it and let the construction complete as materials became available.
Through pain, I find wisdom.