Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Way Too Minimalist Forum Game  (Read 2421 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Way Too Minimalist Forum Game
« on: April 02, 2023, 12:52:03 am »

This game will last 15 rounds. To join, post 'turn'. Players can join late. Once I post 'update' you take your next 'turn'.

"Some people fail to realize how their own ignorance is deadly. I myself could be one of those people. Are you?"
Johnman65

Please read all information carefully!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dice Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phases (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rules:
  • This is both the IC (in-character) and OOC (out-of-character) thread. Please use the proper thread.
  • There is no player limit. However, if more than that sign up I will choose who gets to join based on how much they laugh at my jokes.
  • 99% of the game takes place on the Discord. If you can't use Discord, you can still play. Honestly, the Discord is mainly for any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. That's 99% of the game. The Discord currently has 0 members, no one was cool enough to get invited.
  • I reserve the right to a sequel. No other thread may use the words "Way Too Minimalist Forum Game" in that or any other order, or individually. Violators will be shot. I have just been informed this rule could be interpreted as a threat, and has been removed. Please go to the Discord for a special announcement.
  • Please download the 3 terabyte PDF for the actual rules. The PDF is on the Discord.
  • I will be locking the thread at random intervals. I say this is to help me keep track but I actually just relish mass hysteria.
  • If the game doesn't update in over a year, just wait longer.
  • Compliments for the game will be quoted on my portfolio and Patreon. Complaints will be ignored.
  • Players that abandon the game without letting me know will cause me a great deal of stress and disrupt the game, but will be allowed to "stay" as long as they want. I will perform mental gymnastics to justify their absence to myself and others instead of enforcing promised consequences.
  • You must be a 3+ years experience pixel artist, if not you will be shunned.
  • You need 5+ years experience playing this game to play this game.
  • If you are popular enough the requirements will be waived, and we will actually make an effort to get you started. Everyone is popular enough. This is due to a rounding error.
  • There will be many errors in this game. But you are too polite to mention them, so they will all be made canon
  • There will be one player that has a meltdown. They will never recover. They also won't leave.
  • No diggity.

Introduction (GM soapbox, not actually a game introduction)
   Welcome! I've lost all faith in my vision for the game, but players are having fun so I'm already planning the sequel(s). Let's beat this dead horse back to life!
   I have no idea what I am doing, but as long as you don't know that and I keep an air of confidence you'll literally watch the Titanic sink before your eyes in HD slow-mo, and ask when the next update is coming.
   Most of the work of hosting forum games could and probably should be automated.
   Honestly, the most fun I have is designing, not hosting. I actually have felt more fulfilled from this meme game, than most of the one's I've slaved over. I think I just like giving people an excuse to have fun together, and this seems to do that. ♥️
   I could probably host this game on other forums and be more praised, appreciated, and loved. However the AI discovered humans reject the paradise simulation, and I'm stuck here. I swear the carrot on the string is getting closer!
   In 1000 years when my body turns to dust, forum games will be the only evidence of my existence. An existence that will probably only be analyzed out of random chance rather than for having accomplished anything great. I think about this often.
   When this inevitably spawns numerous clones by others, it will become extremely popular, and form it's own clique, Discord, and lingo. Those who riff on it too much, or God forbid, make something new, will be shamed and scorned for making an experimental game that doesn't finish instead of making a standardized clone with no soul. We will call such a person, the worst forum game host ever!
   As the creator of this trend, I will use my clout and lord it over everyone else, as my ego is stroked by all and grows massive. I will only make 1 game every 2.5 years at most, but it will already be a cult classic before the first update. I'll use my skills—not to create something new—but scout up-and-coming talent that has gone unnoticed, and steal their idea! Hey, cut me some slack. I'll link to it, but I'll also host it at the same time so it is buried, ignored, and my game thus seems justified as, "Look! No one played the other one!"
   And last, but most importantly, I will use my own shortcomings to fuel petty grudges instead of actually addressing reasonable problems within my power to improve! Maybe I'll make a meme game to vent about it someday...

P.S. Forum games are awesome! Here's to another 11 years!

My start on GameFAQs, prior to forum games being banned and moving here
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 07:22:11 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Way Too Minimalist Forum Game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 02:35:06 am »

Turn
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 08:22:13 am »

update
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 08:27:58 am »

turn

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 12:59:10 pm »

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 12:40:21 am »

Turn?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 01:54:58 am »

update
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 02:04:53 am »

TURN!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 04:54:14 am »

Turn

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 08:56:33 am »

Turn, turn turn.... turn? Turn.

Turn turn.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 08:56:54 am »

Ear teeth

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 02:25:54 pm »

TURN!
Turn turn.

I'm just going to go with your most recent 'turn'. In the future you can just edit it if you want to change it.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 02:31:09 pm »

update
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 02:38:35 pm »

turn

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 03:13:38 pm »

Turn

does anyone want to form an alliance?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4