Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47076 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1275 on: April 27, 2023, 01:13:03 pm »

Do we actually have any evidence that Toonyman may have been framed other than the fact he says he's town and is good at saying words? This seems like an occam's razor thing.

This is very much on my mind.

I inspected juicebox and motion detected Fluffe9911.  Both actions apparently succeeded, but also only returned “REDACTED”.  There’s at least one scum left.
The protect action probably came from me then.  Oh one last interesting night result. somebody took a shot away from one of my abilities.

That 1-shot protect came from me.  Knightwing64 and notquitethere should have also each received something.

This seems like a lot of actions.

Do we actually have any evidence that Toonyman may have been framed other than the fact he says he's town and is good at saying words? This seems like an occam's razor thing.
Zero.
I think it's definitely worth following Occam's Razor if we don't have any other convictions, but I do like to think about teams, and the only partner for Toony that makes sense to me right now is juicebox. I do feel like I thought it could also be NQT and I don't remember why I stopped thinking that, but I have asked Jim to explain to me why he thinks it isn't when he gets a chance.

NQT has been after ToonyMan since at least Day 2 (maybe earlier since NQT said he had a Day 1 case on ToonyMan I never bothered to go look back at). For ToonyMan and NQT to be on the same team together NQT has to hop the fuck on the ToonyMan wagon almost as soon as Egan_BW claims the guilty inspect on ToonyMan and then ride the wagon until Toaster outs hector13. It's possible and I could see notquitethere playing that ruthlessly but it seems less likely given the amount of threats to a potential NQT/ToonyMan team during Day 2; there's still a lot of game left to get through so it seems strange to commit so hard to a bus when notquitethere could easily argue that ToonyMan was likelier to be framed and divert attention elsewhere.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 27, 2023, 01:18:37 pm »

NQT has been after ToonyMan since at least Day 2 (maybe earlier since NQT said he had a Day 1 case on ToonyMan I never bothered to go look back at). For ToonyMan and NQT to be on the same team together NQT has to hop the fuck on the ToonyMan wagon almost as soon as Egan_BW claims the guilty inspect on ToonyMan and then ride the wagon until Toaster outs hector13. It's possible and I could see notquitethere playing that ruthlessly but it seems less likely given the amount of threats to a potential NQT/ToonyMan team during Day 2; there's still a lot of game left to get through so it seems strange to commit so hard to a bus when notquitethere could easily argue that ToonyMan was likelier to be framed and divert attention elsewhere.
Okay.
I'm voting Toony or juicebox here then.

and no you can not have any cause you stole my jug you jerk.
Wow. Fine, next time I'll steal your cats too!
Nah, I'm kidding, your dumb cats probably have mange anyway.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 27, 2023, 02:50:38 pm »

I inspected juicebox and motion detected Fluffe9911.  Both actions apparently succeeded, but also only returned “REDACTED”.  There’s at least one scum left.
The protect action probably came from me then.  Oh one last interesting night result. somebody took a shot away from one of my abilities.

That 1-shot protect came from me.  Knightwing64 and notquitethere should have also each received something.

This seems like a lot of actions.

I (1, 2, and 3) used the gifting ability (which was 0 AP) three times, (4) used my hat (which was 1 AP) once to lower the cost of my fifth action to zero, (5) used Motion Detect while supplying 2 extra AP so I could use it for 0 AP on the two subsequent nights (which was 2 AP), and finally (6) I used a zero AP Inspect that I had left over from the previous night on juicebox (which was 0 AP), for a total of three (3) AP over six (6) actions.

The PM said that my actions succeeded, but gave two “REDACTED” lines as the only result.  Both juicebox and myself are claiming to have given a 1-shot Protect to Egan_BW.

During the above, I also claimed to have given 1-shot items to both Knightwing64 and notquitethere. 

Notquitethere responded by admitting that they received a 1-shot item, but pointed out that Knightwing64 didn’t have any 1-shot items in his flip.

I PMed WUBA asking if they merely forgot to include the item when they wrote the flip, but they said they didn’t forget anything.

I’m not sure why Egan_BW and notquitethere received their item, but not Knightwing64.  The only reason I can think of (other than me being lying scum) is that someone targeted Knightwing64 with an action that redirects (normal) actions performed on the target to someone else.  That does, however, bring up the question of how Knightwing64 was killed.  I think the answer to that is that whoever did the killing used a method that couldn’t be redirected.  That being said, this does lead me to ask a question:

Did anyone receive a 1-shot Watch last night?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 27, 2023, 03:32:08 pm »

Knightwing could just have been bussed with the actual kill target.
Anyway, I didn't receive anything unexpected.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 27, 2023, 03:37:37 pm »

Very good point: Egan has a supposedly unblockable kill unaccounted for. Maybe Egan was redirected to Knightwing, or else hypnotised to kill.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 27, 2023, 03:55:48 pm »

Pfp

Big post from me tonight

You guys are gonna love it, well maybe some of you

I'm definitely going to enjoy making it

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 27, 2023, 04:15:42 pm »

Pfp

Big post from me tonight

You guys are gonna love it, well maybe some of you

I'm definitely going to enjoy making it
Better have a good song!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 27, 2023, 05:41:30 pm »

I'm going to bed but before I do:

- Fluffe is prob mafia— possibly the concept is hiding while minions act on his behalf
- Juice is probably town (I reluctantly conclude)
- We may be looking at a bus or hypnotism killer
- I have yet to see any evidence of a frame artist.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 27, 2023, 06:51:02 pm »

So, I'm pretty sure notquitethere did the redaction bomb and is claiming to have the information it hid, releasing it in dribs and drabs.

An action based on controlling what people Learn seems totally consistent with my previous theory that he could be a framer and a godfather. It doesn't seem much more OP than other players have been. I could easily see him with juicebox, which seems about equal in power level to the hector/Lenglon team. Notquitethere is, of course, now controlling the juicebox inspect results.

I feel like notquitethere keeps refusing to think in terms of teams, which is pretty scummy to me. His arguments imply a Toony/Fluffe team, but how does that work? He hasn't actually said it and has made no move toward defending it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 27, 2023, 06:53:08 pm »

So, I'm pretty sure notquitethere did the redaction bomb and is claiming to have the information it hid, releasing it in dribs and drabs.

An action based on controlling what people Learn seems totally consistent with my previous theory that he could be a framer and a godfather. It doesn't seem much more OP than other players have been. I could easily see him with juicebox, which seems about equal in power level to the hector/Lenglon team. Notquitethere is, of course, now controlling the juicebox inspect results.

I feel like notquitethere keeps refusing to think in terms of teams, which is pretty scummy to me. His arguments imply a Toony/Fluffe team, but how does that work? He hasn't actually said it and has made no move toward defending it.
The annoying thing is I was rethinking this and meant to preview it and start editing, but I hit post by accident. Well, whatever. I don't really care either way right now, I have a headache and I'll come back to the thread later.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 27, 2023, 06:56:53 pm »

Juicebox, you've claimed to have given a potion to Egan, used a hat on Toony. I know you've got shed loads of AP. You did something else last night though. Want to fess up?.

That's all I did. I only get extra AP when I leave the game.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 27, 2023, 07:14:00 pm »

At this point, I think that Fluffe is one of the more likely candidates for scum. They've been low activity all game, and while some of that can be attributed to newness, I think that they've been trying to lay low to avoid attracting attention. They also haven't been as forthright with their night actions. They're the only one who didn't claim anything they did on N1. I could easily see them being partners with Toony or NQT.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 27, 2023, 07:25:31 pm »

I could easily see them being partners with Toony or NQT.
Both of those teams seem nuts to me.
NQT just went after Fluffe. ToonyMan went after Fluffe before. I don't see it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 27, 2023, 07:36:13 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm still working on a big post but I think it's time to make things more exciting in the meantime...

I'm voting Toony or juicebox here then.
I'm cool with voting Juicebox.

Did anyone receive a 1-shot Watch last night?
I did. It cost 2AP right?

Yeah, me.

I think I've seen all the tells I'd want at this point so I'll claim the third and final thing I did last night: I unlocked Mikey and bussed myself with Knightwing. Why Knightwing? Well, it's something I'll probably have to explain in the future. Now I have two turtles. Two more to go.

Mafia know I dodged their kill, and I refrained from claiming because I wanted to see players post a bit. In my opinion Max and Jim look quite clueless about what is going on, because they're examining between all players that could be scum. NQT seems pretty clueless as well, but who can say. Juicebox I don't really see anything either way. However, Fluffe is at my throat. Maybe it's because I called him always scum, but I think deep down he knows I gave him the slip. That's my impression. Who's he with though? Fluffe/NQT seems odd so it's probably Fluffe/Juicebox.

PPE:
At this point, I think that Fluffe is one of the more likely candidates for scum. They've been low activity all game, and while some of that can be attributed to newness, I think that they've been trying to lay low to avoid attracting attention. They also haven't been as forthright with their night actions. They're the only one who didn't claim anything they did on N1. I could easily see them being partners with Toony or NQT.
HUH

Maybe it is NQT/Fluffe....but....NQT wants Fluffe dead?

I could easily see them being partners with Toony or NQT.
Both of those teams seem nuts to me.
NQT just went after Fluffe. ToonyMan went after Fluffe before. I don't see it.
I'm not really sure what's going on.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 27, 2023, 07:38:52 pm »

I'm not really sure what's going on.
It's gotta be NQT/juicebox.
I can move the red if you like it in the other place more.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92