Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47129 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1260 on: April 27, 2023, 08:10:09 am »

Pfp

Toaster, you know Juice's role, right? Can you confirm what his hat was? He claims he hatted Toony last night, is that plausible?
Toaster is dead.

I don't know what being "hatted" means, but I don't see anything that could mean so I don't know what Juicebox did.

Juice claims to have made Egan unblockable who claims to have superkilled Jim who is still alive.
Juicebox probably made Egan unblockable so that Egan would succeed in killing someone.

I don't think Knightwing would target Jim with a crown. It doesn't make sense.

Juicebox, you've claimed to have given a potion to Egan, used a hat on Toony. I know you've got shed loads of AP. You did something else last night though. Want to fess up?
If you know he did something else I think it's likely he's the Knightwing killer.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 27, 2023, 08:19:43 am »

Toaster is dead.

I don't know what being "hatted" means, but I don't see anything that could mean so I don't know what Juicebox did.
I mean, Juicebox used an investigative hat ability on you. And yes, I meant Max not Toaster (weird mental conflation).

Juicebox probably made Egan unblockable so that Egan would succeed in killing someone.
From a town-Juice perspective, Egan seems conftown, and so buffing town is probably okay use of a power.

I don't think Knightwing would target Jim with a crown. It doesn't make sense.
Right!

If you know he did something else I think it's likely he's the Knightwing killer.
Thinking about it some more, I don't think Web would be so cruel as to give a town player a full role inspect and make a scum player's role visible to that town player in a way that outed them, so if Juice is scum and has scum elements to his role, then it's possible they're abilities which don't show up on inspection. Either way, he's not claimed everything yet from N2.

I think Fluffe is also a likely KW killer, as I have reason to believe Fluffe has lied about his night actions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 27, 2023, 08:35:24 am »

I mean, Juicebox used an investigative hat ability on you. And yes, I meant Max not Toaster (weird mental conflation).
So many inspects holy shit. I guess it's possible if Juice is innocent here he would want to check me on a different night than N1.

From a town-Juice perspective, Egan seems conftown, and so buffing town is probably okay use of a power.
Fair point.

Thinking about it some more, I don't think Web would be so cruel as to give a town player a full role inspect and make a scum player's role visible to that town player in a way that outed them, so if Juice is scum and has scum elements to his role, then it's possible they're abilities which don't show up on inspection. Either way, he's not claimed everything yet from N2.

I think Fluffe is also a likely KW killer, as I have reason to believe Fluffe has lied about his night actions.
I agree with all of this.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 27, 2023, 08:57:25 am »

I see and would kind of motion detect is it? The role can be implemented in a lot of different ways, and I'm trying to figure out why you would motion detect Fluffe specifically.

1.  It looks like it shows the number of actions performed on or by the target.

2.  I wasn’t sure what Fluffe’s alignment was, so I thought that using motion detect might provide some information.  I could be wrong and maybe it was just a waste, though…

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 27, 2023, 08:59:47 am »

That seems like a very reasonable use of the power. I had/have the same doubts about Fluffe myself.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 27, 2023, 09:05:49 am »

Also, I got the PM.  Looks like Knightwing64 did not receive the watch for whatever reason.

Interesting… 🧐
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 27, 2023, 09:13:01 am »

You wouldn't normally expect mere death to stop a gift being given. Knightwing could have used his Crown ability to make himself untargetable at night, and then a superkill got through but not your gift. There might be other reasons I'm not seeing right now...

(Or you could be lying about gift giving, and you were the one to kill him! Seems less likely— why would scum want to give out tracks and protects? Unless they know they're not impacted by them?)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 27, 2023, 11:24:34 am »

Toaster, you know Juice's role, right? Can you confirm what his hat was? He claims he hatted Toony last night, is that plausible?
I meant Max, not Toaster. Mixup.
His hat is a Learn that tells you how many actions the target performs so I expect it would be Redacted. Looking back, I see that's what he claimed as well, so it does track.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 27, 2023, 12:19:34 pm »

Yesterday I was typing up a post but then I started playing Noita and then got super tired and went to bed. I'll resume it later but a few quick things:

There's two worlds I'm considering here: ToonyMan is scum and ToonyMan is framed, and who I ultimately vote probably comes down to how much faith I want to put into that inspection result.

If ToonyMan is scum I think it only works with juicebox; everybody else tried to kill him during Day 2 or he's trying to kill them during Day 3. If Toonyman isn't scum, then he was framed and I think that has to be within notquitethere, A_Curious_Cat, and Fluffe991 because I know juicebox's role from Max and framing isn't in there.

notquitethere reads fine during Day 2 but he's pretty assertive about buying into the inspection result on ToonyMan and also very confident about ToonyMan's inspection result on him
A_Curious_Cat reads fine as well but is also pretty confident in the inspection result he got on ToonyMan; A_Curious_Cat is also cheerful and innocent and I do see a possibility of A_Curious_Cat being scum but only if he's taking cues from a more experienced player
Fluffe9911 shows some fire during Day 2 but does not seem as certain about the inspection results as notquitethere but I think he does come in during Day 2 roughly when doubts are expressed about the result so might be taking cues off that
juicebox is barely present and I forget how he weighed in on things during the two Day 2 skims I did

I think in the ToonyMan is framed world the framer is more likely to be between notquitethere and A_Curious_Cat.

By reads I think juicebox is the weakest player out of these four and came out looking pretty weak in my Day 2 skims.

I'm intentionally ignoring Max and Egan_BW in these considerations in case it wasn't obvious and I also have not tried to sort out roles or roles results because yap yap yap I expect it to be misleading yap yap yap but I also haven't gotten around to it and I'm not sure I will. I also haven't really soaked in notquitethere's posts today so far.

More later.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 27, 2023, 12:41:11 pm »

Do we actually have any evidence that Toonyman may have been framed other than the fact he says he's town and is good at saying words? This seems like an occam's razor thing.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 27, 2023, 12:51:59 pm »

Max also confirms that Fluffe used an AP 3 power last night. This doesn't stop Fluffe from lying about saying that was all he did. Got something to share with the rest of the class?
Other than an auto that has me collect cats (Which was REDACTED) I didn't do anything else also I did ask web about this and he told me that apparently he did plan on having the cats be actually useful but scrapped it while keeping the whole you collect cats thing so I still get cats.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 27, 2023, 12:55:45 pm »

Do we actually have any evidence that Toonyman may have been framed other than the fact he says he's town and is good at saying words? This seems like an occam's razor thing.
Zero.
I think it's definitely worth following Occam's Razor if we don't have any other convictions, but I do like to think about teams, and the only partner for Toony that makes sense to me right now is juicebox. I do feel like I thought it could also be NQT and I don't remember why I stopped thinking that, but I have asked Jim to explain to me why he thinks it isn't when he gets a chance. Other than that, though, I'm taking the angle of ACC being town as read, and NQT has convinced me it can't be NQT/Fluffe, so I think juicebox is on any team I can buy.
Are you interested in voting juicebox?

Max also confirms that Fluffe used an AP 3 power last night. This doesn't stop Fluffe from lying about saying that was all he did. Got something to share with the rest of the class?
Other than an auto that has me collect cats (Which was REDACTED) I didn't do anything else also I did ask web about this and he told me that apparently he did plan on having the cats be actually useful but scrapped it while keeping the whole you collect cats thing so I still get cats.
... so what, you just... have cats? Where do the cats come from? Where do they go? Can I have one?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 27, 2023, 01:01:35 pm »

I see. And are these cats collects from other players or just from nowhere?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 27, 2023, 01:03:35 pm »

... so what, you just... have cats? Where do the cats come from? Where do they go? Can I have one?
Yes It's a cat counter, they come from the infinite cat dimension, I had 4 cats before REDACTED im not sure how many I have right now, and no you can not have any cause you stole my jug you jerk.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 27, 2023, 01:04:13 pm »

I see. And are these cats collects from other players or just from nowhere?
As I said infinite cat dimension, dimension of cats.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 92