Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47249 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #1065 on: April 24, 2023, 06:48:24 am »

I agree with Knightwing.  Be nice, or get modkilled.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 24, 2023, 07:12:34 am »

I think your mediuming is going fine, Knightwing and I appreciate the aggression and fire you're bringing coming back into the thread. Makes me more confident that you're not the scum. Who does Fallacy think is Lenglon's partner? Did anyone get a night result that they haven't claimed to you yet?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 24, 2023, 08:01:57 am »

Fallacy:

(Jim said that he had to kill me to figure out if we, the masons, were town or not. If that's bad logic, he killed me for bad reasons, so he's scummy and a good vote, and if it's good logic, then it's worth killing one of the Jimmasons to figure out if they're town.)

Tric wants me to send a meme, but I don’t know how to do images

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 24, 2023, 08:18:52 am »

Tric wants me to send a meme, but I don’t know how to do images

Put the URL for the image between img tags, like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]https://www.example.com/images/image.png[/img]

The img tags button is the one on the far left of the second row.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 24, 2023, 08:28:42 am »

You can also add width and height options to the first img tag to control the width and height of the image.

Like this:

[img width=200 height=300]https://www.example.com/images/image.png[/img]

Alternatively, you can specify one and the forum software will automatically choose the other based on the aspect ratio of the image.  For example, I always set width to 800 pixels.

Also, you can wrap the img tags in spoiler tags so the image doesn’t show until you expand the spoiler.

[spoiler=Spoiler text][img width=800]https://www.example.com/images/image.png[/img][/spoiler]
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 24, 2023, 09:35:47 am »

Jim shot Fallacy for slightly suspect reasons, but as the pair were conspiring with the mafia as psuedo-allies at that point, it wasn't, in retrospect, a bad move. I can definitely see how Jim's scumdar was correctly set off by Fallacy, he had good reason to think something was off there, because it was.

Fallacy is seeing himself now as town, but as Egan has admitted, the pair weren't playing with all their cards on the table here. They were hoping for an alignment switch.

Knightwing, what do the dead think of the inspects on Toony? Do we have good reason to readily dismiss them? I think it's a bit funny how Toony is quite confident with his town inspect on me, while simultaneously casting doubt on the two inspects on himself!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 24, 2023, 10:31:38 am »

Tric:

*Also, you don't get to say that when you were two buddying me really hard beforehand.

(No, I do not think the inspects on Toony are false. With 4 teams of 2, half the players have a kill. (Sorry Toony. You're just suspect. Claiming your own wasn't messed with is also unlikely, as it could be.)

Toaster:

(why are we not settling on shooting the probable scum Toony?  NotToonyScum has no reason to shoot Toony N2 when he’ll just be the lynch candidate all over again D3)

Fallacy:

(Max, Jim, I get that you’re trying to justify your reads on me as correct because Egan and I were ‘mafia allies’, but I was actually avoiding disclosing my mason kill to Lenglon and planning to have Egan secretly hunt down her teammate or teammates.)

The dead don’t really like Toony, and Lenglon wants me to send some fancy code message to their teammate but it seems like way too much effort

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 24, 2023, 11:09:24 am »

Lenglon wants me to send some fancy code message to their teammate but it seems like way too much effort
Sending messages on behalf of scum players wouldn't be very pro-town either, so it's better this way.

(Not to mention that while codes aren't banned in this game setup, they often are due to the fact that cryptographic stuff can be game breaking.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 24, 2023, 11:09:49 am »

Knightwing, what do the dead think of the inspects on Toony? Do we have good reason to readily dismiss them? I think it's a bit funny how Toony is quite confident with his town inspect on me, while simultaneously casting doubt on the two inspects on himself!
Think for two seconds: Scum framing me would mean you were also framed to look town by your partner, or you're a godfather. My results couldn't have been redirected in any way, because you claim to have tracked me last night and can confirm I targeted you and Hector. The most likely doubt is that you're a godfather, but then last night was a complete train wreck and bullshit. I think it's a possibility, but I don't really want to humor it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 24, 2023, 11:15:48 am »

I've thought about it for three seconds and that's nonsense. If scum hit you with a ray that made you into a miller for the night, then that wouldn't impact your results at all.

Scum having an inspect in a multi-team game is pretty understandable as well, so I can readily believe that you're a cop and scum at the same time.

Are you saying that we should ignore all inspects in this game?

And why should we vote Hector instead?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 24, 2023, 11:18:24 am »

T’be fair I was waiting for Toony to post as I suspected he would have me as his top scumread.
What gave you that impression.
Mostly the “oh there’s not enough time to lay out my case” nonsense at the end of D1. I suspect you were just chancing your arm on starting a wagon on someone else, and also allowing you a starting point for D2 if it didn’t end in an elimination.
I was being sarcastic.

I think we’ve had action claims from me, you, Jim, Toony, NQT, Egan, Cat, and juicebox.
So Knightwing and Fluffe haven't claimed any night action. Not surprised if they are both scum, but almost certainly Fluffe is.
I highly doubt Knightwing is scum. I agree about Fluffe if Max and Jim are innocent. We need to sort N1 action claims.

Jim, what have you done that’s makes you so much better then me? I have like 4 people in dead chat screaming that your scum
This is meme image material.

(No, I do not think the inspects on Toony are false. With 4 teams of 2, half the players have a kill. (Sorry Toony. You're just suspect. Claiming your own wasn't messed with is also unlikely, as it could be.)
It's okay.

The two most likely possibilities are:

Scum A: Lenglon/Hector
Scum B: Max/Jim

or

Scum A: Lenglon/Hector
Scum B: Fluffe/Juicebox

Hector is always scum here (I'll answer Juicebox's question when I'm more available).

It's a 50/50 chance we hit the remaining scum tomorrow, but even if we miss I think town wins regardless.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 24, 2023, 11:21:05 am »

I've thought about it for three seconds and that's nonsense. If scum hit you with a ray that made you into a miller for the night, then that wouldn't impact your results at all.
What the fuck? I'm saying how unlikely it is that scum would also frame you to look town last night if someone was framing me. I couldn't have been redirected in any way because of your own claim. That's two frame actions that both hit their mark. It's not very likely. The most likely answer to a possible false result is that you're a kind of godfather. You clearly need more than three seconds.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 24, 2023, 11:26:06 am »

Toony this is a complete non-sequiter:

Scum framing me would mean you were also framed to look town by your partner, or you're a godfather

It literally doesn't follow. I know you targeted me. I believe you had a real inspect and weren't just guessing. I wasn't framed. Scum haven't framed me, and scum framing you doesn't mean that they would frame me.

I have no idea how you made that leap, so the most likely explanation is we're talking past each other here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 24, 2023, 11:30:24 am »

You're right though, if you're town then Hector most likely is scum, as I'd place him higher than Curious Cat or KnightWing... but I also think Fluffe and Juice are pretty much guaranteed scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 24, 2023, 11:31:35 am »

Instead of talking past each other, talk about The Plan.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 92