Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47337 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #900 on: April 22, 2023, 04:26:21 pm »

I'm the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I have four turtles I can use. Michelangelo let's me bus two players. Donatello let's me learn something about a player, one of them is their alignment. Raphael can block a player. Leonardo can grant a player additional action points the following night. I also have a hat from Tric that let's me track a player. I can't use more than one turtle on N1.

I tracked Hector with the hat because I suspected them of being mafia. I didn't inspect them because I wanted to check a player I was less sure of. I'm still pretty confident Hector is mafia. Both FoU and Toaster are dead and they visited both (as well as Jim).

I inspected NQT because I found them next suspicious since they led cases on players like Jack or Egan who are town. My result was town so they are probably legit. I'm fairly confident my town result is correct, unlike Egan and Curious Cat's results which are false.
But Egan said their inspect was unredirectable and unbusable so how could it be possible for them to be wrong? Are you saying that they are lying?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 22, 2023, 04:28:30 pm »

PPE: you have good reason to believe what, Max?
That you acted on those three and may have killed Fallacy and Toaster, since I protected Jim.

... also possible ToonyMan has an ability to kill his target's target(s), come to think of it.

But Egan said their inspect was unredirectable and unbusable so how could it be possible for them to be wrong? Are you saying that they are lying?
ToonyMan could be framed, there could be an ultra-super bus/redirect just like Lenglon's kill, or sometimes people just misread their powers and miss a loophole.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 22, 2023, 04:29:59 pm »

Toonyman is saying that I'm town. But if my inspect was impossible to redirect, how can he say that he's town? It seems casually contradictory to me, like he knows he can't get out of this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 22, 2023, 04:31:28 pm »

I do believe there are multiple scum teams.
It's very likely with four kills and a dead mafia.

Egan isn't lying. Mafia would have framed me last night or something. If there's multiple scum teams this is even more likely. I'm not a miller or I would have claimed D1. I expect to die today since no one is going to believe me, but I want to at least figure out all the kills.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 22, 2023, 04:33:40 pm »

I want to at least figure out all the kills.
I'll start us off.

I shot Lenglon with EuchreJack's gun. Don't think too hard about it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 22, 2023, 04:36:05 pm »

Toony targeted me last night. If he had an inspect it would indeed come up as town.

If there are a lot of inspects flying around, it's possible that mafia may have an ability that plants false results, though Egan's results give us a de facto reason to suspect Toony!

Everyone, did you target Egan last night? Be honest, this is important.

TricMagic stole three hats last night (his steal is AP1, he has three hats, he started the night with no hats). Fallacy is missing a hat and had access to a mafiakill(!) and so the night vision goggles may have been Fallacy's. It's probably not important, I just thought I'd share.

(Egan, as an aside, did TricMagic steal your hat last night?)

I'm going to have to take a look back on Lenglon.

Good job Max, but why Lenglon?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 22, 2023, 04:39:26 pm »

And I killed Tric with my and FoU's factional mafiakill.

While it's hard to fault you for successfully shooting scum, Leng was protecting Fal so if you hadn't shot her Fallacy probably would have lived, which would be pretty convenient for me!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 22, 2023, 04:40:55 pm »

Tric stole my hat, the Eye Patch, last night too. Someone else acted on me too, presumably.

My voting actions don’t kill, nor did my action on Jim.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 22, 2023, 04:41:16 pm »

Never mind that last part, I got confirmation from the mod that this isn't the case. Good job Max!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 22, 2023, 04:43:44 pm »

And I killed Tric with my and FoU's factional mafiakill.
Okay.

Max kills Lenglon.
Egan kills Tric.
Hector kills Toaster/FoU/Jim but fails on Jim because Max protected Jim.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 22, 2023, 04:44:58 pm »

Tric stole my, Fallacy's, and Hector's hats.
Between Tric and Toony, Me, Fallacy, Hector, and notquitethere had actions performed on them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 22, 2023, 04:46:07 pm »

man that wasn't clear let me edit that:

Between Tric and Toony;
Me, Fallacy, Hector, and notquitethere had actions performed on them.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 22, 2023, 04:46:21 pm »

I'm going to have to take a look back on Lenglon.

Good job Max, but why Lenglon?
(I didn't target Egan, no. I had to spend a special trick just to do as much as I did.)
On a hunch. I was going to shoot hector originally, actually, but then I looked at the game again and changed my mind, so that's good. I just didn't think a town Lenglon would have stirred the d1 Tric-related pot like that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Night 1: Bye Bye Jockey Guy [13 / 14]
« Reply #913 on: April 22, 2023, 04:47:36 pm »

Fallacy's ability says he has a mason chat and it says Egan will change alignments when he changes... but it doesn't actually say that Egan's initial alignment is confirmed. Am I missing it? Unless we're to take it being called "mason chat" as confirmation?

Egan, what role did Fallacy choose to embody?

Toony, where you getting the Hector thing?

---

Anyone want to claim being Lenglon's lover?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 22, 2023, 04:50:49 pm »

Toony, where you getting the Hector thing?
Hector visited Toaster, Jim, and FoU.
PPE: you have good reason to believe what, Max?
That you acted on those three and may have killed Fallacy and Toaster, since I protected Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 92