Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47811 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #615 on: April 20, 2023, 01:10:21 am »

When I come back in an hour or two I better not be hammered. Anyone trying to hammer me before I can respond by sharing the information I referred to earlier, is scum.

You're at 4 out of 9.  This is "blackmailing the town" territory.
It's just that I'm fairly certain I'm going to die today, and if I do die I don't want to do it without sharing my information first.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 20, 2023, 01:36:26 am »

When I come back in an hour or two I better not be hammered. Anyone trying to hammer me before I can respond by sharing the information I referred to earlier, is scum.

You're at 4 out of 9.  This is "blackmailing the town" territory.
It's just that I'm fairly certain I'm going to die today, and if I do die I don't want to do it without sharing my information first.

Oi!  Fallacy!  It's been two hours!  Where's that info you promised!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 20, 2023, 01:42:01 am »

Clarification:

The post I quoted above was Fallacy's most recent post in this thread.  It was basically my way of saying that I noticed that he was "back".

This next quote is where he asked for the two hours:
I'm going to go play Dota

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 20, 2023, 01:42:50 am »

Oi!  Fallacy!  It's been two hours!  Where's that info you promised!

Bah.

Anyone trying to hammer me before I can respond by sharing the information I referred to earlier, is scum.
Note the 'respond'. I mean here that if people try to finish the process of voting me out I want to share my information first.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2023, 01:45:53 am »

There's not really any way to partially state it or hint at it, either.

I wish there was. It's all or nothing, and it's costly to reveal it too early, and this would be too early. It'd be beneficial to have shared it if I was dead, and it'd also have the effect at potentially sparing me execution.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2023, 01:51:14 am »

Anyone trying to hammer me before I can respond by sharing the information I referred to earlier, is scum.
Note the 'respond'. I mean here that if people try to finish the process of voting me out I want to share my information first.

There's not really any way to partially state it or hint at it, either.

I wish there was. It's all or nothing, and it's costly to reveal it too early, and this would be too early. It'd be beneficial to have shared it if I was dead, and it'd also have the effect at potentially sparing me execution.

alright, fair enough.  I'll just have to wait then (I just hope you're not just trying to delay so that we run out of time to hammer you!).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2023, 01:52:25 am »

alright, fair enough.  I'll just have to wait then (I just hope you're not just trying to delay so that we run out of time to hammer you!).
Well if the Day ends without a hammer, the player with the most votes on them is executed.

That would currently be me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2023, 01:55:58 am »

Hello, first off, the reason I've not been so active this game:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's being put in for repair today, but I've been limited to brief windows of proper computer use at work, and phone posting the rest of the time. So no big walls of text, and very little quote replies. I've mentioned I'm stuck on phone a few times but some people (Toaster, say) still think its a mystery why my activity is down on normal.

I've strugggled to really get at the heart of what's happening with Fallacy and Tric and the other associated characters. It doesn't seem helpful.

My suspicion of EuchreJack is accumulative. The main problem is this post. Self consciously not wanting to make waves. I know I haven't been able to post as much but EJ really does seem to be laying low while a handful of other players take up the whole day with circular spats.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2023, 02:20:30 am »

With your laptop in that condition, your inactivity is forgiven. Please do the best you can with what you have.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 20, 2023, 02:22:48 am »

NQT, that looks like a broken screen you got there.  If I had to guess, I'd say one of the elastomer connectors for the actual screen got damaged.  Screen repairs can be expensive.  Not sure what it is now, but last I checked it was about half the cost of the computer!  Hopefully, it isn't that bad!  Good luck!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2023, 02:29:31 am »

Thanks, I managed to swing a plug into it. So dumb. I got the laptop through my university so the repair might not be so bad (and it won't be my personal money paying for it). Hopefully find out today...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 20, 2023, 02:42:43 am »

So today the benefit of the big fight is that it's drawn up sides of support and negation.

Tric, Jim, Toaster vs Fallacy, Lenglon

Who else?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 20, 2023, 03:24:33 am »

Max, Toony, and seemingly tentatively Curious_Cat are also on Tric's side, and hector13 is on, I want to say my side but really it's just the anti-Jim side

Nobody actually wants to kill Tric except me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 20, 2023, 03:51:18 am »

FallacyofUrist should share his info, so I don't vote him.

Jack, which players do you think are dodging attention maliciously?
Damn, I can't sheep that!

Egan_BW has not posted enough, and that is usually a scumtell for them.  Speak Egan_BW SPEAK!

Knightwing64 usually needs prodding, but should say more.

juicebox should actually participate instead of just posting to post.

Fluffe9911 hasn't evolved into his Day 3 form yet, unfortunately.

A_Curious_Cat is new.

Not Voting        --3-- Egan_BW*, juicebox*, Knightwing64,

These three should all vote SOMEONE. If they're afraid of hammering Fallacy or anyone else, then they should vote their second choice.
They can also put their Number 1 would vote if not too many votes already in BLUE and point this out, like I did with Fallacy.

Sleep then work (and a real work day it will be, unfortunately), so I won't be able to help much for the next 12 hours.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2023, 03:57:37 am »

Final thoughts:
Lenglon is decent as an anti-Jim.  Because Jim is so hard to counter as scum, I would be uncomfortable voting Lenglon today. But both are null at this point.
Tricmagic is town.
I'm overall pleased with Toonyman.
I've elevated Toaster to a null.  Probably would have unvoted him before now if I wasn't committed to the Sheep gambit.

Fallacy sure ATE a lot. ATE means Appeal To Emotions.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 92