Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47843 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #540 on: April 19, 2023, 07:28:51 pm »

Yeah, we can afford to be respectful. Murderous, admittedly, but at least reasonably respectful.

Jim: Would you lay down your life for TricMagic?

I have a lot of reading to do. And answers to Tric to write. And answers to a few other people to write.

On this note. Is this a good game to actually skip the day 1 lynch? I'm a bit curious. and hat hungry, but eh.
(No)
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 19, 2023, 07:38:56 pm »

If I’m being disrespectful I don’t mean to be, so sorry. Just trying to get across I’m not unchill.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 19, 2023, 07:44:35 pm »

mafia is srs bznz gripe gripe gripe

Oh wait I think I see, no, this is me mocking me, not Jim.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 19, 2023, 07:47:00 pm »

Spin:

Once you're next available, please respond to this.

Okay, if that’s the game you want to play, then fine.

If you really want to use the argument that I’m scum because I’m conforming to my mafia self, then.

A. Why is it too unlikely that I’ve personally grown since my last game?

B. Are there no other factors that could trigger a difference in behavior?

C. Is that really sufficient reason to attempt to execute me?

D. Please provide examples and quotes to use for comparison instead of appealing to your authority as an ‘expert in Fallacy’. Justify what you’re saying.

Funnily enough, your argument that I’m scum because I’m acting like scum me usually does is similar to Jim’s argument that Tric is town because he’s apparently within his town meta and needs no further explanation?

I don’t have an exact quote for that particular statement, I’m just going off my memory since I’m still posting from phone. Consider that and that alone uncertain until I dig up a quote.

How on earth are people reading Knightwing as strong town?  He’s meh tier at best.

Fallacy want to hear from you specifically

I might have to reevaluate it honestly. It was just my immediate read.

I'm not sure if he's given us much to go on.

But then again that's the same for him, Egan, Curious, and Fluffe.

Under this measurement, Jim is less genuine and Fluffe and Toony are more genuine.
Then vote Jim for being disingenuous.

Why is Tric mafia because Jim has a dishonest opinion about Tric? It's POSSIBLE Tric is mafia if Jim is being dishonest. But if you truly believe Jim is faking his feelings and that assumption is correct then HE'S MAFIA. Jim is literally using the same logic to vote you by claiming your own motivations are fake. This feels like a clown show.

If Jim has a dishonest opinion about Tric, then Tric is probably scum. If Jim is pretending to think that Tric is town, then it's likely to protect Tric.

Did you know that I've been thinking a lot of players have been skating by because of this Fou/Tric thing sucking up all the air in the room, and included in that list of people was EuchreJack, but that I haven't had a chance to express these thoughts yet?

That is completely valid but it is also a distraction from the fact that you and Tric are scum, and a way to prep to divert the execution off your scumbuddy

Moving hector up to moderate townie after that particular demonstration of logic.

Someone asked me how I feel about Lenglon. I can't find the quote.

Lenglon gets town points for pointing out the issues in Jim and Max's behavior, as far as I can see. I don't think she was especially active before that point in time? So I'm glad she's engaging more in the day game.

Just wish the Jack/Fluffe/Curious/Egan/Knightwing bunch would too. But I guess learning how to process information and be more active is part of learning the game of mafia, too.

Lenglon's not unique in pointing out these issues, at least. See Toaster(?) and hector, at this point in time.

Okay, now to... reply to Tric's walls of pain. Shudders.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 19, 2023, 07:55:50 pm »

unvote
I think I'm pretty satisfied that Tric isn't scum here.

mafia is srs bznz gripe gripe gripe
mafia is panicky end of day 1 fire drills.

On this note. Is this a good game to actually skip the day 1 lynch? I'm a bit curious. and hat hungry, but eh.

ninjaweb

If the game is shenanigans heavy as fallacy thinks it's going to be, then we definitely should not, we'll need the flip as a concrete source of information.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 19, 2023, 08:01:50 pm »

Asking people about, or clarification of, the reasons they're voting is... kinda basic in the game of mafia. If you think it's a waste of time we can get rid of you early so you can play Noita if you like?
Neither is EJ but you're allowing him to skirt by without doing anything.

Oh, yes, meta, sorry, carry on ::)

Like... I can get how maybe he doesn't do anything with the veteran players because they're practiced enough to be able to justify most things, but there's 3 or 4 newer players doing NOTHING that he can be poking at, so why isn't he, and why isn't that bothering you?

Why are you griping at me

More of your meta reads.

I think in the last day his only post as been “expect nothing ‘til D2” because he’s allowed to get away with it, and you’re one of the ones that allow it with said meta read.

Toony too,  but he was less effusive about it and I’ve not been as bothered about him than you so gripe gripe gripe.

And now I’m paranoid about it so I’ll say this but wasn’t mocking Jim either, just letting him now why I was griping at him and I wasn’t tilted about it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 19, 2023, 08:13:12 pm »

For what reason would I want to

Haven't I been clear that I think there's a strong possibility he's a third party?

He's a bad lynch and I'm not going to let it happen if I can help it, but that's about the extent of what I would be willing to do for TricMagic.

This is a weird question. Does anybody even ask this question genuinely?

Did you know that I've been thinking a lot of players have been skating by because of this Fou/Tric thing sucking up all the air in the room, and included in that list of people was EuchreJack, but that I haven't had a chance to express these thoughts yet?

That is completely valid but it is also a distraction from the fact that you and Tric are scum, and a way to prep to divert the execution off your scumbuddy

This is nonsense.

Is TricMagic even the leader for votes? He isn't.

This is tunneling.

Does FallacyofUrist tunnel this intensely as scum, hmmm hmmm hmmmmmm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 19, 2023, 08:16:22 pm »

Web can we get a lurkertracker please?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 19, 2023, 08:23:58 pm »

For what reason would I want to

Haven't I been clear that I think there's a strong possibility he's a third party?

He's a bad lynch and I'm not going to let it happen if I can help it, but that's about the extent of what I would be willing to do for TricMagic.
Why's he a bad choice?

Yes, I get that from your perspective, if you're town (which I don't think you are), you don't have the additional impetus to see Tric as scum provided by the scumminess of his defenders

But why is he a bad choice and not a neutral one?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 19, 2023, 08:41:54 pm »

Thank you Mamobo.

Toony, still hold reason to vote Toaster?
No, I'm going to Unvote.

Can mafia-allies be in this game? *checks* Looks like they can, okay.

FoU is a mafia-ally. They're behaving like Webadict in FBYOR5. I'm done trying to reason with them at this point and it's a waste of time. They're wasting everyone's time and making everyone upset to cause trouble and help mafia. Maybe they are just mafia, but I think drawing this much attention to themselves is suicide and I don't really want to think about it anymore today. They probably realize Tric is very likely not to be mafia and that's why they specifically want to vote Tric out, because it's a merit to his team. I think this explains their shift in focus over the course of Day 1.

This also makes me feel better about Jim.

Sounds good to me.

Jack, which players do you think are dodging attention maliciously?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 19, 2023, 08:43:49 pm »

Because I want to lynch scum and TricMagic isn't scum.

Shouldn't I be trying to actively lynch the players I suspect? Isn't that how I'm supposed to be playing mafia? I'm really baffled at where these questions are coming from or where they're going.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 19, 2023, 08:45:07 pm »

There's a bunch of stuff I missed that I need to go back to but it won't happen for a couple hours. There's stuff I need to go do since I've been at this all day.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 19, 2023, 08:47:52 pm »

You mostly learned that I can gift hats. Not much else. I'm still waiting for that Thunderdome Fallacy, have some Conviction in your case. As is(and Toaster said it better), voting me while making that lynch my guilt. But you built that vote around people who I don't have any connections with personally. I haven't really pnged them as much, so.

The heck is 'pnged'?

I think building a vote around connections is reasonable, and I consider an unusual amount of retaliatory defense gifted to you by Jim to be a form of connection.

What is Genuineness? You claim them to be correct in their read, yet vote me in the same post.
(post-edit.) Genuineness: the quality of truly being what something is said to be; authenticity. Alternatively, Sincerity. The second sentence in this response is me question Fallacy on their definition of it. Since it's something that can be used as an argument against their case if taken at the usual definition.

I believe I already gave the definition of genuine I was using - the degree to which a person appears to be arguing for their position in good faith, (high genuineness), or to serve some ulterior purpose (low genuineness).

You can't read Toony, but claim Genuineness from them. Being honest, I'm not really sure I can trust them if they're playing the long con. But that's fairly normal from me.
(post-edit.)This uses the same question as above. Fallacy claims Toony is either sincere or authentic in their posting, but claims they can't read them. This is the part that tells you his definition does not match the term? My response is basically this explanation. If with a bit extra on my feelings towards Toony.
When I say 'I can't read ToonyMan', I mean that I have extremely low confidence that any read I create on him will have any bearing in reality. Meaning that he's very good at concealing his intentions. My read is my read, but I have low confidence in the effectiveness of my read.

Genuineness is new. Fluffe high. (Just words that can be swapped around. Rather than my opinion on them.)
(post-edit.) Max is very on point today. He's not using the definition normally. It's a buzzword.

See above for my definition of genuineness. Also see the post I made earlier about it.

(You claim Jack is a bad lynch, a trash read by me. Yet someone you can't trust and has yet to really be seen could be a possible Day 1 lynch. Why the Change of Heart?{I swear if that's actually your role I will laugh.})
(post-edit.) Fallacy has called my putting forth Jack as lynch a bad read. Or whatever it was. But he doesn't actually trust him. As a doublevoter, they are rather dangerous if left alive. But they can't be seen as backing Jack either. I'm not sure what is going on with Fallacy here. Well, I do... I'm doing the same thing of waiting to see, but what I've seen so far doesn't reassure me. Which is why I put them forward in the first place, see how FoU reacted, while not being someone I would mourn.

I don't understand your thought process here at all? It's a bit incoherent, sorry. If you'll elaborate I can give a proper response.

(How is it low? They've participated, should be readable. What makes the drop in Genuineness? IMPORTANT: Timeline does not line up. Fallacy voted Jim first, after Jim voted Fallacy for his read. See Mamobo *links.
A point of order. Toaster was voting me before all of this. It's an outright fabrication of events to fit a theme.)
This is why having a lot of discussion is good, lies like these pop up. All you need to do is look for them. (You can say you made a mistake, but it's still a fault in your reasoning.)
(post-edit) The vote order was Jim votes Fallacy, Fallacy votes Jim back. Not even remembering why you voted someone? Or twisting the events to make up a reason to suspect them. As Jim is part of his suggested scumteam, this is a major crack in his reasoning. As for Jim's defense of me, well. We've talked about that. As stated lower in this post, Fallacy is making his case based upon me being Mafia/Third Party, guilty before proven innocent.

Uh.

Going to try to keep this brief by posting reads and thoughts about players rather than a gigantic wall of text with a million little quotes.

SUSPICIOUS
FallacyofUrist - his read on TricMagic is amongst the worst I've ever seen. I'd feel pretty confident hammering FallacyofUrist this early in the day if he were within range
PFP

Jim is voting me just because I don’t agree with him on Tric?

This is especially aggravating because he simultaneously implies I’m competent enough to easily figure out Tric’s alignment but too incompetent to hide my scum strategies when I’m mafia.

That’s not a reasonable stance to take. I’m doing my first investigation on Tric, to try and validate my read or prove it wrong, but Jim Groovester gets my vote for that garbage.

No, uh, Jim literally voted me first. Look at the dates of the posts. What the heck Tric.

From the looks of things I voted Maximum Spin, then Jim Groovester, then TricMagic.

(Why is Lenglon's Genuineness moderate? This is the point where we see who you don't trust. Or are setting up. In any case, please explain why.)
(post-edit.) And here comes the Hat Tyrant posts. I actually had to go back to beginning of day to catch that lore piece when webadict posted the second one for us. Notably, there isn't anything here. And further posts in this line vary wildly in "Genuineness" reasonings.

Ultimately I could put together several posts from each player that support the rating I gave them, but that would have taken far too much time for 13 players. I opted just to go with my overall conclusion. See above definition of genuine.

(An error? What makes the difference in Genuineness and why does Hat Tyrant make a lick of difference?
... Beyond which, in the same line you say reevalutation needed, which just feels... Tacky?)
(post-edit.) Last was moderate, this one's high. Same text at the start, still wants detail. On top of reevaluation? You could take this to mean he's actually using the meaning, but such is why the internal logic isn't consistent within the same post. Mine isn't always much better.

See above.

(No data for this read. No data for the reason.)
(post-edit.)... I'll be honest, this one is just ridiculous. I put in a whole analysis on Toaster and their reasoning. You can see how as it goes down, we end up with what in any other read-list would be the reds. Notably, I'm excused from it.

See above.

(At this point you've just stopped No reason beyond being Egany. And not even reevaluation.. Why are these three so different?)
(post-edit.) So.. 4th in a row. 3rd I guess given Hat Tyrant. Note this isn't one that reevaluation is stated. And what even denotes an Egany read? This is where you know Genuineness is a buzzword.

See above. TLDR I didn't bother to dig up all my reasoning because it would have taken too long, each read was a quick evaluation I didn't want to source posts for.

It's like a read list. You don't source direct evidence for every single player in your reads list.

That said, you're right in that I could have gone into more detail on these, at least a little bit.

(And at this point it's all about the dragon in the room, not about connections and who's mafia or not.)
(post-edit.) An important part to this one is the previous post. One can find it just by clicking the quote and looking up. He's made this by himself, by seperating people into groups based around reactions to me. It leads further down near the bottom where he makes it seem "reasonable" to lynch me for information it gives. Which only pops up if I'm Mafia, or Town. As Third Party, no info is gained at all. Yet this is seen as a good thing? sighs.

Eh, information is still gained if you're third party, though it's essentially just the amount of information given if you're town.

You being scum would be a slam dunk on Jim, though.

(And now you subscribe Genuineness to if people are even talking about me in the first place.)[/color]
(post-edit.) Statement says it all. If they aren't trying, they aren't townie.
Note the bit directly above with Cat. But most above this are High Genuineness. Which makes no sense as the post states.

See my definition of genuine, see what I said about how I figured it.

(Which is how you got the Mafia Team in the first place. This is completely backwards, as you'd be making the argument Mafia has just abandoned me. While in later posts you say Mafia doesn't ant to lose a vote. So wouldn't they attack you?)
(post-edit) As below this bit, they've subscried to a Tric/Jim| Hector OR NQT team. With the primary.... Well,...
Tric/Jim is based upon protectiveness. Hector/NQT as the third is based upon not even bothering to protect. Do you see the issue here? Two lines of thought jammed together into one team read. That is not normal behavior or thought process.

I'm not a normal thinker. Different people can act scummy in different ways.

Though since that post I've moved Hector out of the potential scumteam and Max Spin into it. ToonyMan could be an alternative for NQT, but I have a hard time believing every scum player would defend you, they know they'll go down with the ship if you get executed and flipped.

And it's not like I can accurately read Toony. Jim's the only one I'm highly sure about.

(In conclusion, you've built your case around nothing, a complete lack of connections preluding a connection based upon that. But you've used Jim as your lynchpin for the team, who is trying to protect me. So your Fallacy isn't even internally consistent. There is no data to be gained because the internal reasoning is cracked, falling apart..)
(post-edit.) As the one directly above this. It's not a consistent reasoning on the scum team. One person is protecting me. (Which is false btw. Max has also expressed such in his own way.) But they also use people who are ignoring me/the hat tyrant debacle. If I'm Third Party, then scumminess can't really be found within town. If I'm town, then clearly the people protecting me are townie. If I'm mafia, well.. The FoU shows some town points, somehow. But as Mafia with FoU, this would be a prelude to trouble for town. Since the one... Well, might be getting a bit crazy myself given time constraints.

I also don't understand what you're saying here.

(So.. Fallacy. Who's the better target now that you're backing off?)
(post-edit.) Still waiting on FoU's answer to this. As well as what Genuineness means to them.

See above for information on genuineness.

If I wasn't voting you I'd be voting one of Jim or Max.

Done.

Because I want to lynch scum and TricMagic isn't scum.

Shouldn't I be trying to actively lynch the players I suspect? Isn't that how I'm supposed to be playing mafia? I'm really baffled at where these questions are coming from or where they're going.
Is a serial killer a bad execution? You're eliminating a threat to the town. If I had Tric's alignment confirmed to me as SK I'd rate his execution as fair, as opposed to good (executing scum) or bad (executing town).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 19, 2023, 09:01:15 pm »

Mamobo's here to save the Day!

Lurker Track
------------------------
A_Curious_Cat - 99 116 120 129 133 135 137 139 141 144 146 148 150 157 167 170 173 175 185 268 271 276 279 285 350 356 360 397 405 440 Last post was 18 hours ago.
Egan_BW - 225 226 228 231 233 235 237 240 252 281 282 284 289 400 Last post was 24 hours ago.
EuchreJack - 174 178 179 180 216 218 224 298 302 303 304 305 306 307 336 337 447 448 Last post was 13 hours ago.
FallacyofUrist - 98 101 103 105 107 109 111 115 118 121 123 125 132 142 160 165 182 184 190 195 238 244 257 262 270 293 309 322 328 362 364 367 368 373 377 379 382 386 390 393 394 398 422 424 435 442 449 450 451 456 460 465 470 503 504 506 510 515 516 518 519 540 543 548 552 Last post was 1 hour ago.
Fluffe9911 - 199 210 212 214 330 351 353 507 Last post was 6 hours ago.
hector13 - 104 119 126 136 197 219 229 230 232 245 290 296 297 299 332 341 342 347 352 453 457 524 528 535 537 541 542 545 Last post was 2 hours ago.
Jim Groovester - 127 130 203 260 267 274 295 313 315 320 427 428 441 455 461 463 467 475 488 489 532 536 546 550 551 Last post was 1 hour ago.
juicebox - 239 241 249 283 291 292 335 401 402 403 404 406 407 425 544 547 Last post was 1 hour ago.
Knightwing64 - 166 169 242 301 308 311 317 326 358 474 Last post was 9 hours ago.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 19, 2023, 09:02:54 pm »

Wow that's convenient
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 92