Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47916 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #465 on: April 19, 2023, 11:59:02 am »

[1] Before you tried to sell your 'Tric is scum due to his interactions with other players' case you were hinting that TricMagic FEELS OFF compared to his normal style of play AKA you were making a meta read on TricMagic, one that was BAD and INCORRECT.

[2] Also you retreating into incompetence as a defense is not genuine since you felt confident enough to wax to A_Curious_Cat about mafia interactions.

You are FAKE

FAKE

[3] Also I have repetitively said that I think TricMagic is Not Mafia, i.e. he is either town or third party, not town alone.

It’s my answer to Jim and Max. They’re having a hard time understanding how I’m not reading you in the same way they are, and for some reason reading you wrong must necessarily be malevolent?

[4] YES

[1] I am allowed to feel things that are not what you feel. Are you calling me scummy for having an early game vibe check that doesn’t agree with your finished read?

[2] Understanding the theory behind interactions doesn’t make me good at using it.

[3] Your opinion is irrelevant. Tric is your scumbuddy. You are chainsaw defending.

[4] NO
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 19, 2023, 12:01:33 pm »

I think I'm willing to believe any player could be mafia, besides Tric and Curious Cat. I'm most willing to vote FoU, Toaster, or Hector right now. I'm a bit mixed about Toaster at this point.

I don't really like NQT voting Jack. I'm confused why Juicebox voted Toaster (which I liked) but then became convinced by FoU and voted Tric??

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 19, 2023, 12:04:34 pm »

[1] I am allowed to feel things that are not what you feel. Are you calling me scummy for having an early game vibe check that doesn’t agree with your finished read?

YES

Also because I feel like you're playing to your scum meta in some regards.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2023, 12:04:50 pm »

@FoU:
Jim is more dangerous than Tric as a player, why vote Tric first? The best way you can convince me that Tric is mafia is if Jim actually is mafia too. You said earlier you were going to inspect at night, why showboat an inspection like that?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 19, 2023, 12:08:18 pm »

I think this stuff with Tric, EJ, and Fallacy and others, will be useful when some of them flip, as we can get some associate reads out of it.

For my money, I think EuchreJack has to go.
Do you think EuchreJack is scum? Can you explain to me why, if so? I'm not seeing it. I was a little uncomfortable with him before, but he's been doing his buckshot townie thing since.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2023, 12:10:32 pm »

I think I'm willing to believe any player could be mafia, besides Tric and Curious Cat. I'm most willing to vote FoU, Toaster, or Hector right now. I'm a bit mixed about Toaster at this point.
You don’t read Knightwing as 100% town?

YES

Also because I feel like you're playing to your scum meta in some regards.
Early game vibe checks are undeveloped gut feel reads why are you reading so much into this

I am not some genius schemer like you seem to be arguing I am

I am a lunatic in a bus who attempts to find scum by lighting the bus on fire and driving it into hell. Or when I’m scum I just set everything on fire and hope nobody notices me hiding in the ashes.

@FoU:
[1] Jim is more dangerous than Tric as a player, why vote Tric first? The best way you can convince me that Tric is mafia is if Jim actually is mafia too. [2] You said earlier you were going to inspect at night, why showboat an inspection like that?

[1] Because a Tric execution is more informative than a Jim execution. Also because my odds of pushing down a veteran on Day 1 are even worse than my odds of pushing down Tric.

[2] When did I say that?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 19, 2023, 12:13:17 pm »

How on earth are people reading Knightwing as strong town?  He’s meh tier at best.

Fallacy want to hear from you specifically
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 19, 2023, 12:24:11 pm »

@FoU:
I don't read Knightwing as 100% town, no.

Tric will be much harder to execute than a veteran, it's not happening. Information lynch bad.

I can find the inspection quote when I'm at a computer, unless you said it as a joke? Why are you even questioning me about this? I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 19, 2023, 12:27:28 pm »

[1] Because a Tric execution is more informative than a Jim execution. Also because my odds of pushing down a veteran on Day 1 are even worse than my odds of pushing down Tric.
You could have stood a pretty good chance of getting Jim voted out if you hadn't gone down this weird garden path.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 19, 2023, 12:30:18 pm »

Oh, I remember winning with Tric with that dragon thing, that was nice. Anyway, I think with 15 players in a webadict game, it’s a pretty safe assumption to think there’s at least 1 3P.

FOU is acting kinda strange, but I suppose I could ascribe that to playstyle/personality differences and the stress of being on the chopping block.

Jim isn’t really posting at the rate they normally do, which I think is a little weird. Any thoughts, Jim?

Toaster feels pretentious, I don’t like

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 19, 2023, 12:32:59 pm »

Jim isn’t really posting at the rate they normally do, which I think is a little weird. Any thoughts, Jim?

I'm actually posting more frequently than I normally do since I'm taking time away from work to post, which I usually try to avoid doing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 19, 2023, 12:54:07 pm »

Jim:
As I've said, your argument is a well-constructed house with no foundation. I asked you about this on repeat because you are a well known supervet. It's perfectly reasonable that you might have a solid foundation but it's just so automatic to you that you'd skip bothering to explain it, assuming that *everyone* would understand the connection. So I simply asked for you to make it explicit. and then asked again when you didn't.
You don't have one.

Here's what your argument boils down to:
1) Tricmagic is not only not maf, but is above all suspicion and confirmed as not maf.
2) FoU is pushing a case against someone that is above all suspicion and confirmed as not maf.
3) therefore FoU is scum.

As I said before, I did think that only one of you and Max were scum. Well Max was able to provide justifications that actually made sense even if I don't agree with them. Max was able to spell out exactly why Tric seemed town to him. And to be honest, Max still emotionally feels town to me, though that feeling has been rocked a bit and I still don't have a good basis for it.

You don't have any of that.

Step 1 of your argument, the foundation you're building off of, is completely insane. I have zero reason to believe that you would actually believe it. But I've asked you repeatedly if that's what's really going on:
Jim: You and I have extremely different views of FoU. Why do you think FoU is scum? I doubt it's only FoU's stance on Tric, despite that being the only thing you said when you voted him.

It literally is only about his stance on TricMagic. FallacyofUrist has been around and should recognize that this is 100% unteamed TricMagic, yet he suspects him.

Why suspect TricMagic? Dunno. I think it's an easy read that town FallacyofUrist should easily be capable of.

FallacyofUrist is alwaysscum but he's also not very good at being scum, so I tend to think he reveals his agenda much more freely than other players would, which is what I think I'm seeing here.
Jim: Do you mind presenting your full case for us? this is all I can find:

. . .

And then your most recent two posts.

The problem I have here is that your entire basis is that "FoU's argument is bad". You don't include what the actual problem with the argument IS.

Please, take the extra steps to build a foundation for your house. What is the core, base, central, problem with FoU's case that makes FoU scum for having it? Stop skipping this step please.

FoU is scum because he thinks TricMagic is scum which is completely incompatible with my meta read on TricMagic. Moreover, if FallacyofUrist were genuinely town, I think he should have the same read about TricMagic that I do given that I think he's a capable enough player for it and he's played with TricMagic enough to recognize it.

There are also aspects of his scum play that I recognize, but these showed up after my initial vote on him. I elaborated a bit in my previous post.

I don't think I've been mysterious about my reasons why so I'm confused why there's a gap for you. I wasted too much time answering this befuddling question.

It's not a befuddling question. It's not a hard question at all. It's simply one you didn't want asked, because you don't have an honest answer.

The best you can do is "FoU's read of Tric isn't MY READ, and MY READ is infallible and perfect."

You don't even have a basis for your read. It's a meta-read of a player that you have admitted yourself you have never seen play scum.
I think the only points of reference for TricMagic's non town game are Fallacy's BYOR whatever where he was a dragon (deez nutz), the one cult game I ran where he was the cult leader, and then notquitethere's Revolutions game. If he's been scum in other games I don't recall them.

Fallacy's BYOR is a wash since he was a third party SK and did literally nothing SK-like. In the cult game I think I recall him blending into the background and from what I remember of Revolutions TricMagic dialed down the boisterousness, exuberance, personality, etc., a lot for that game.

This game's TricMagic does not match Revolutions or the cult game I ran, but it does match literally every game TricMagic is town in and when he was a dragon or otherwise not on a team, which is what people have been saying.
On what planet does a situation where you only have data from one perspective can anyone make a reasonable meta-read off of that data? let alone the near-infalible and everyone else would also agree with one that you're claiming you have. Don't bother trying to sell a single Revolutions game as enough either. One data point in a not-mafia-even-though-related game doesn't cut it and everyone knows it.

Right now, you smell blood in the water. You have FoU flailing. You and I and everyone can all see it. But you're doubling down on your pressure. You're making it clear that this is a full lynch case you're pushing. You are not trying to collect data. You are not asking questions. You're following through on your case in an attempt to make FoU the day's lynch over this. If you were town, you'd have taken a much calmer stance, and attempted to scout FoU out properly. Instead you saw a weakness and are now following up on it to get a townie lynched.

You've overextended Jim. If you were town, you'd either have a foundation to your argument, or would have multiple separate weak arguments you could combine to build your case. You're the most likely scum here, and are who I want lynched today.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 19, 2023, 12:57:26 pm »

1) Tricmagic is not only not maf, but is above all suspicion and confirmed as not maf.
2) FoU is pushing a case against someone that is above all suspicion and confirmed as not maf.

So, you have your suspicions that I am Mafia, having reasoned and confirmed your suspicions?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 19, 2023, 12:59:04 pm »

So, you have your suspicions that I am Mafia, having reasoned and confirmed your suspicions?
Hm? No, of course not. I'm still convinced you're 3p. Are you not 3p?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 19, 2023, 01:18:08 pm »

Hm? No, of course not. I'm still convinced you're 3p. Are you not 3p?
And that's where your argument falls short. Jim does not believe me to be mafia, being either town or 3P. And so he bases his argument upon that. While it may be based upon a meta read... That in and of itself isn't enough to base a lynch on.

Jim Groovester's read doesn't seem right. It seems like it's accurately described, but his behavior is eerily defensive. His sole reason for voting me is that I voted TricMagic and didn't read him how Jim read him. Genuineness low. (How is it low? They've participated, should be readable. What makes the drop in Genuineness? IMPORTANT: Timeline does not line up. Fallacy voted Jim first, after Jim voted Fallacy for his read. See Mamobo *links.
A point of order. Toaster was voting me before all of this. It's an outright fabrication of events to fit a theme.)
This is why having a lot of discussion is good, lies like these pop up. All you need to do is look for them. (You can say you made a mistake, but it's still a fault in your reasoning.)
[/quote]The relevant part from that post of comments. Fallacy is withdrawing into meta defenses and arguing against his own meta as being accurate in the present. But they shouldn't have made such an argument in the first place, as it was built up upon their own post specifically to lynch me, rather than being internally consistent in linking together a scumteam.

So, crazy theory. I think the scumteam could realistically be TricMagic, Jim Groovester, and then one or both of hector13/notquitethere, depending on how the setup works out. If there's a bunch of third parties it'd be just one of them, if not it's both.

Jim and notquitethere's behavior seems to match the idea of 'distance the guy that'll drag us down like an anchor if we don't'. Reluctant to target him, but acknowledging that he's funky as hell. Hector is less suspicious, but still a possibility.

If this theory does hold water I'd scum-percentage these people as 100% scum (required) TricMagic, 85% scum Jim, 65% notquitethere, 40% scum hector.

The thing is though?

This makes TricMagic an ideal execution / vote. Based on this connection, it'll be extremely informative about the scumminess or lack thereof of a good few people. Nearly everyone has thoughts on Tric. We don't lose anything from the vote since the most likely outcomes are he's either third party or scum - most of us don't think he's town. (In conclusion, you've built your case around nothing, a complete lack of connections preluding a connection based upon that. But you've used Jim as your lynchpin for the team, who is trying to protect me. So your Fallacy isn't even internally consistent. There is no data to be gained because the internal reasoning is cracked, falling apart..)
The Scumteam positted is TricMagic/Jim, with either Hector or NQT. The latter is defined in the post I was breaking down as not having a response to my Hat Tyrant status, the former is built upon Jim protecting me. Which Max has also done. What was their argument... Th...

Sighs. checks original post. tilts head. The original two posts were about splitting things into groups based on who's reacted and how. The latter is buidling up a scumteam through Genuineness leading to me as a perfect vote. Super informative. As in it will completely seperate the two sides, at which point they're against each other and camouflaging scum, all while no info is actually gained from it. If order for info to occur, I must flip as Mafia. As TP, nothing is gained for town. And as Town, the previous statement will occur, and Fal gets lynched Day 2. Unless he makes it out intact, but I doubt that would happen at this point.

We could also make connections to who does and doesn't support Fallacy here. Who thinks this argument is correct, and who thinks it's false.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 92