Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47936 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #450 on: April 19, 2023, 10:18:20 am »

Doover.

PFP.

@Jim @Max
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 19, 2023, 10:19:54 am »

PFP

Fallacy:
The problem with meta reads is that when people grow or atypical role situations occur, they can become inaccurate. Both apply here.

Regarding you or TricMagic?

Yes. Both.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 19, 2023, 10:38:04 am »

We sharing XKCD geology comics now?

I think this stuff with Tric, EJ, and Fallacy and others, will be useful when some of them flip, as we can get some associate reads out of it.

For my money, I think EuchreJack has to go.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 19, 2023, 10:44:58 am »

Aye of course you choose the day I take some me time to explode the thread.

I was trying to keep up yesterday and got… some way through the FoU/Tric thing before giving up because parsing Tric is hard enough when my brain is not leaking out of my ears and nose, so I will give the thread a going over and respond to things as I go.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 19, 2023, 10:47:26 am »

Fallacy meta arguments fall real thin when you’re using them as self defense.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 19, 2023, 11:14:58 am »

Doover.

PFP.

xkcd comic

@Jim @Max

You're not a stranger to mafia or to TricMagic and his play. This doesn't work for you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 19, 2023, 11:21:18 am »

Okay.

I read Tric as scum because of the peripheral interactions involving him, less so his own behavior.

I understand that you think Tric is town. If it turns out I’m wrong, then I guess I’m just not living up to your expectations of what a more experienced mafia player should be. I can live with that.

But surely you understand that peripheral interactions are allowed to influence reads.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 19, 2023, 11:28:53 am »

Aye of course you choose the day I take some me time to explode the thread.

I was trying to keep up yesterday and got… some way through the FoU/Tric thing before giving up because parsing Tric is hard enough when my brain is not leaking out of my ears and nose, so I will give the thread a going over and respond to things as I go.

This will take longer than I thought as I have apparently gotten used to having help which is no longer available.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 19, 2023, 11:40:21 am »

PFP

Fallacy:
The problem with meta reads is that when people grow or atypical role situations occur, they can become inaccurate. Both apply here.

Regarding you or TricMagic?

Yes. Both.
So not only do you assume your own flaws aren't showing, but that my own flaws aren't showing. Which, fair given I've crashed and burned in previous times I've been mafia, but still.

Is this comic your answer to my accusation?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 19, 2023, 11:42:28 am »

Okay.

I read Tric as scum because of the peripheral interactions involving him, less so his own behavior.

I understand that you think Tric is town. If it turns out I’m wrong, then I guess I’m just not living up to your expectations of what a more experienced mafia player should be. I can live with that.

But surely you understand that peripheral interactions are allowed to influence reads.
You're pretty much ignoring my post without even a token effort to explain yourself Fallacy. Did you not see the post full of red text dissecting you? Your argument was flawed from the start, and you're just doubling down on it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 19, 2023, 11:46:54 am »

You're pretty much ignoring my post without even a token effort to explain yourself Fallacy. Did you not see the post full of red text dissecting you? Your argument was flawed from the start, and you're just doubling down on it.
I’m posting from phone, at work. I saw your post full of red text. I just can’t be arsed to deal with that much density until I’m home, in around 6 hours or so.

Is this comic your answer to my accusation?
It’s my answer to Jim and Max. They’re having a hard time understanding how I’m not reading you in the same way they are, and for some reason reading you wrong must necessarily be malevolent?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 19, 2023, 11:47:44 am »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you trust Tric? I don’t trust Tric. Vibe check doesn’t pass. He reads like he knows what he’s doing. It’s like how I always play better when I’m scum.
Voting Tric looks like a potentially reasonable option.

Basically, what we're trying to figure out here is if he's substantially varying from his town baseline. Given how much Tric projects, that's much easier done than for say, Toony. I'd be willing to vote Tric later if a reread of his posts makes me feel like he's scum. Or malevolent third party, though I'd prefer to vote for scum. Chasing third parties too far is a fallacy (rip me).

And Max doesn't feel particularly town, except that's exactly what I felt the last few times I tried to read him, too. There's always this level of detachment which is hard to parse things through.

Before you tried to sell your 'Tric is scum due to his interactions with other players' case you were hinting that TricMagic FEELS OFF compared to his normal style of play AKA you were making a meta read on TricMagic, one that was BAD and INCORRECT.

Also you retreating into incompetence as a defense is not genuine since you felt confident enough to wax to A_Curious_Cat about mafia interactions.

You are FAKE

FAKE

Also I have repetitively said that I think TricMagic is Not Mafia, i.e. he is either town or third party, not town alone.

It’s my answer to Jim and Max. They’re having a hard time understanding how I’m not reading you in the same way they are, and for some reason reading you wrong must necessarily be malevolent?

YES
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 19, 2023, 11:52:01 am »

PFP lunch break

@NQT:
I'm not really okay with a Jack lynch. I think it's unlikely he's mafia with Jim and I haven't seen anything from them that alerts my alarm bells. Last time I felt this way they were town.

@FoU:
Voting someone because of the people around them is not going to find success. Voting Tric because how other people are reacting to him is a bad vote. I remember NQT complaining about this in Roguelike mafia where we lynched a town player on D1 because of their behavior around another player we found more scummy instead of just voting the player we found more scummy (I think it was NQT who was also town but regardless).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 19, 2023, 11:53:54 am »

red text

There might be decent points in here but the format you've chosen to present them is atrocious.

For my money, I think EuchreJack has to go.

I've lost the bead on why you think this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 19, 2023, 11:57:17 am »

Like FoU, if you voted Jim and told me he's a big faker I could be convinced by that. It's why when you voted Jim before I didn't run to his defense like I will for Tric.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 92