Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47606 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2023, 09:40:21 pm »

Also, can anyone tell me what "PPE" means?  I've looked it up on the mafia-scum wiki, but I can't seem to find it.

Also, what does "TP" mean?  I can't seem to find that either...
Pre Post Edit - in this forum architecture, people that have posted since you started writing your post only have their posts show up once you hit preview or post yourself. PPE is when you edit your post in response to those posts that were posted since you started writing.

TP is an abbreviation for third party.

I think sketching out relationships between players will be more helpful than a strict town to scum read hierarchy. Or rather it's practically a requirement for that, at this point in such a large game. It's also an excuse to try something new.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2023, 09:43:07 pm »

also, it's almost driving me crazy that I have to wait for my browser's attempt to connect using HTTPS to timeout and the browser to then try HTTP every time I visit bay12forums.com or click on any link to it.  It makes using the forum extremely difficult.  >:(
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2023, 09:45:04 pm »

TricMagic.

So far, he has gone nuts posting about hats.  Besides hatting up the place we have:

Briefly we see a flash of analysis
His refusal to state his alignment, which I find suspicious.

Other than that, it's the hat bonanza party hour.  I realize Tric's play can be weird, but no one responded to that.  As such, Tric has not actually done anything useful, but he's made a lot of noise.  I'm quite happy voting him.

Still not a fan of Lenglon, but no particular post stands out.   Will keep an eye out.
EuchreJack's start is weak.
Juicebox is almost in the "Wait, Juicebox is in this game" zone, but their one post is solid enough.
Fallacy is pegging town to me.
Curious_Cat is 99.995% town.

ToonyMan:
Max likes to claim miller even when he's not and even when he's town.

That's weird.  Even if true, he still did it awfully late.

Why do you think Tric is town?

Town
Tric - "Web forgot to PM me my role"

What if I told you he forgot mine too?

(I caught him before he left and he sent it before my first post.  I didn't think it was worthy of mention at the time.)

Egan:
Unvote.
Would rather eliminate mafia today than Tric, reflecting on it.

Why do you think Tric isn't Mafia?  More importantly, who is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2023, 09:47:06 pm »

A_Curious_Cat   - new player, correctly identified that the early pressure put on them was a trap, incorrectly reacted to the trap with scummy caution instead of townie boldness. If they were a vet I'd think they were scum. They aren't a vet. So have them as *wait and see*
Egan_BW        - few posts but solid content in them. Clear and understandable readslist. Town.
EuchreJack     - doublevoter that defers their votes instead of using them to apply pressure and scumhunt. What. likely scum.
FallacyofUrist - repeated sharp interactions. Immediately understood what I was doing in RVS and played off it to scumtest Cat. Town.
Fluffe9911     - No Content of note.
hector13       - heavy activity that I haven't taken the time to read in full because large posts. temporary null-read while I correct that error.
Jim Groovester - ZZZzzzz
juicebox       - late entry with solid content once they read the thread. likely town but not enough content to be comfortable.
Knightwing64   - who?
Lenglon        - me!
Maximum Spin   - I never read max correctly, but right now I have an extremely strong "town" vibe from them emotionally. logic say null, emotion says town.
notquitethere  - standard "I do stuff on Day 2" statements, but
Toaster        - very independent. I don't fully agree with their reasoning but I can generally follow it and there's nothing particularly wrong about it. lean town.
ToonyMan       - inconsistent. I don't feel like their reasons for switching between opinions are fully clear, which kinda bugs me. Might be putting on a facade to manipulate, but I don't see who's being manipulated.
TricMagic      - Hat? hat! hat hat hat. hat hat? hat hat hat. hat.

PPE:
@Lenglon:  Can you give me a really good reason why I should unvote you, or should I keep my vote as it is for the time being?
Use your vote how you think it'll be the most useful. If you think I'm scum you should leave it on me and press me to justify my reasons and actions. for example you should check if the readslist I just wrote makes sense and is consistent. If I'm maf then no matter how well-crafted it is it will be a bit forced. Find where I don't have a good justification for my opinions and ask about that. You want to collect enough evidence that you'll be able to make a convincing case for everyone else to join you in voting me.

If you don't think you're going to get anything useful from pressing me, then you should move you vote to apply pressure to someone that you do think you can get something useful from. That doesn't mean you have to give up on calling me scum, it simply means that you can get more use out of your vote. I would LIKE to vote jim and knightwing and fluffe all at once simply because I want more total content from them for me to analyze, but I only have one vote, and I don't think voting any of them will get what I want out of them. so instead I'll be voting Max. This, as you can see above, isn't actually because I think Max is scum. It's because I want information out of Max. I want logical justifications for my emotions about if I think Max is town or not. This is what's called a pressure vote.

If however you are completely certain that I'm scum and that you have the evidence to back up your claim, you should say my name in bold red again to emphasize this, similar to how FoU did when he was pressing for you to vote me, and you should present all the evidence and arguments that you have for why I should be today's lynch. At that point there is no longer any point in you talking to me, you should have already gotten everything out of me that you want, and instead you will be talking to everyone else here, attempting to convince them to join you in voting and lynching me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2023, 09:59:43 pm »

This game is pretty dense. It's going to take me a bit to post but I'm working on it now.

I'm going to be bored shitless up here at my parents' house, and you don't have to tell me to play Noita since I'll already be doing a lot of that. What anime should I watch that I haven't seen already and is worth my time?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2023, 10:00:48 pm »

This game is pretty dense. It's going to take me a bit to post but I'm working on it now.

I'm going to be bored shitless up here at my parents' house, and you don't have to tell me to play Noita since I'll already be doing a lot of that. What anime should I watch that I haven't seen already and is worth my time?
Mirai nikki (eng title: The Future Diary)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2023, 10:08:56 pm »

A_Curious_Cat   - new player, correctly identified that the early pressure put on them was a trap, incorrectly reacted to the trap with scummy caution instead of townie boldness. If they were a vet I'd think they were scum. They aren't a vet. So have them as *wait and see*
Egan_BW        - few posts but solid content in them. Clear and understandable readslist. Town.
EuchreJack     - doublevoter that defers their votes instead of using them to apply pressure and scumhunt. What. likely scum.
FallacyofUrist - repeated sharp interactions. Immediately understood what I was doing in RVS and played off it to scumtest Cat. Town.
Fluffe9911     - No Content of note.
hector13       - heavy activity that I haven't taken the time to read in full because large posts. temporary null-read while I correct that error.
Jim Groovester - ZZZzzzz
juicebox       - late entry with solid content once they read the thread. likely town but not enough content to be comfortable.
Knightwing64   - who?
Lenglon        - me!
Maximum Spin   - I never read max correctly, but right now I have an extremely strong "town" vibe from them emotionally. logic say null, emotion says town.
notquitethere  - standard "I do stuff on Day 2" statements, but
Toaster        - very independent. I don't fully agree with their reasoning but I can generally follow it and there's nothing particularly wrong about it. lean town.
ToonyMan       - inconsistent. I don't feel like their reasons for switching between opinions are fully clear, which kinda bugs me. Might be putting on a facade to manipulate, but I don't see who's being manipulated.
TricMagic      - Hat? hat! hat hat hat. hat hat? hat hat hat. hat.

PPE:
@Lenglon:  Can you give me a really good reason why I should unvote you, or should I keep my vote as it is for the time being?
Use your vote how you think it'll be the most useful. If you think I'm scum you should leave it on me and press me to justify my reasons and actions. for example you should check if the readslist I just wrote makes sense and is consistent. If I'm maf then no matter how well-crafted it is it will be a bit forced. Find where I don't have a good justification for my opinions and ask about that. You want to collect enough evidence that you'll be able to make a convincing case for everyone else to join you in voting me.

If you don't think you're going to get anything useful from pressing me, then you should move you vote to apply pressure to someone that you do think you can get something useful from. That doesn't mean you have to give up on calling me scum, it simply means that you can get more use out of your vote. I would LIKE to vote jim and knightwing and fluffe all at once simply because I want more total content from them for me to analyze, but I only have one vote, and I don't think voting any of them will get what I want out of them. so instead I'll be voting Max. This, as you can see above, isn't actually because I think Max is scum. It's because I want information out of Max. I want logical justifications for my emotions about if I think Max is town or not. This is what's called a pressure vote.

If however you are completely certain that I'm scum and that you have the evidence to back up your claim, you should say my name in bold red again to emphasize this, similar to how FoU did when he was pressing for you to vote me, and you should present all the evidence and arguments that you have for why I should be today's lynch. At that point there is no longer any point in you talking to me, you should have already gotten everything out of me that you want, and instead you will be talking to everyone else here, attempting to convince them to join you in voting and lynching me.

Interesting... Unvote for now, but I'll keep my eye on you Lenglon.  I'm currently a bit tired from staying up the night before, so I think I'll try your suggestions tomorrow (tomorrow IRL, not Day 2!)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2023, 10:09:25 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> juicebox    --4-- EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*, notquitethere*, Maximum Spin*,
Lenglon        --2-- Jim Groovester*, A_Curious_Cat*,
Maximum Spin   --2-- FallacyofUrist*, Lenglon*,
Egan_BW        --1-- TricMagic*,
EuchreJack     --1-- hector13*,
Toaster        --1-- ToonyMan*,
TricMagic      --1-- Toaster*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
FallacyofUrist --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --4-- Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911, juicebox, Knightwing64,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~67 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2023, 10:19:56 pm »

I like the flavor addition web.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2023, 10:26:37 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
FallacyofUrist --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
No One         --0--

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~67 hours remaining).

Vote Count
------------------------
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
FallacyofUrist --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
No One         --0--

You seem to have missed that I unvoted Lenglon.

Also, come to think of it...  You don't seem to have done anything other than compiling lists of who voted for who.  Is there a reason you're not scumhunting?

Mamobo

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2023, 10:30:47 pm »

mamobo is a mafia-bot managed by web. it missed your vote because if you look at the timestamp of when it posted the vote they're super close to each other. The bot had already compiled the list of posts for it to build the votecount from by the time that you unvoted me.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2023, 10:37:25 pm »

Egan:  I appreciate your transparency, but is it truly helpful to post your full notebook in practically every post?

Yes. I learned the sacred technique of copypasting my whole character sheet in every post from Piecewise games, and I'm gonna use it!
This post doesn't count I'm just shitposting I'm done doing effort for the day.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2023, 10:38:27 pm »

IRL day I mean. Bedtime.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2023, 10:41:31 pm »

ToonyMan:
Max - seems to want to help, claims uninspectable but they always do this

"they always do this"

Wait, what?  You're gonna need to elaborate that one for me.

Max:
You're awfully late to bring this up, though.  Sus.
Well, I don't really have to follow your schedule, but also... I was hoping we'd get the flavor sooner. *cough*

FoU - at odds with Max, also claims uninspectable like with Max, I believe them less
In the spirit of full fairness, he also always does this.

You too, sir.

I don't like this vote. If Tric isn't town, it's more likely that he's a TP with the wincon of collect all the hats than scum. While I'd like to get him out if that's the case, I still think that D1 it'll be more productive to look at someone else who is more likely to be mafia than to look at Tric

Like say, Maximum Spin. Is there anyone that you find suspicious that's posted more than twice? I mean we all want to see more activity out of several people but it seems like since your point about FoU went nowhere you've been focusing almost entirely on people who are less active

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2023, 10:48:52 pm »

Jim - lazy, need more than their first post (which I liked)

Catching criticism for not playing mafia in the middle of my work day only makes me want to play this game less and Noita more.
Go off king.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92