Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47544 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2023, 11:01:29 am »

Hector13: I refuse to tell you if I'm third party right now. How do you feel about that?

Tric: How are you going to get yourself lynched by your own teammates?

Jack: prove you aren't juicebox.

Egan: Are you wearing cat ears?

Max: Prove that RVS questions are useful with facts and logic.

Jim: if you could thanos-snap half the players here right now at the cost of also killing yourself, would you? why or why not?

Toaster: You're shakerag. prove me wrong.

Fluffy: Almost all of these questions I'm asking are useless and stupid. Which one is the worst and which one is the closest to actually being worth something and why?
Sure.
juicebox

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2023, 11:18:30 am »

I'm pretty happy with my role this time, and I'm town. I always like to establish this at the start of a game.

Maximum Spin:  If I said I had something in my role that gave me strong indication you were scum, what would you say to that?
I would tell you to stop outing your partners in the thread. >:|

(unimportant nonpersons) and MaxSpin: what do you think the setup is in terms of alignment spread?
I actually think this question is interesting due to the fourth starting rule — if webadict really did make us four times as likely to be our chosen alignments (if any), that's a big deal. First of all, I would expect it to mean there are a lot of mafia, and possibly that mafia are correspondingly weaker. More importantly, it also means that we can try to divine people into three groups: Likely to choose town, likely to choose mafia, and likely not to choose. I can already think of some players who I would put into each group. With all that said, though, I strongly suspect web has balanced the game enough that we can't assume everyone got his preferred team. I also don't know yet if I believe there are third parties.

I'm oddly comfortable with this ToonyMan. He seems warm, kindly, and loving, perhaps like a Pope.
In contrast, skeevy perv Lenglon creeps me out, perhaps like a Pope.

EuchreJack, if you haven't yet concluded that everyone must have a hat, I don't know how to help you. Everyone in the room is acting painfully obviously like a hat-owner.
I don't trust EuchreJack with a double vote. I don't trust Curry Carp with any votes. I don't think I trust Jim, Toaster, or hector at all, just on principle. I trust Tric to shoot town and/or protect mafia, so he's clearly town.

I bet Fallacy would pick "mafia" this time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2023, 11:22:52 am »

PFP

Spin-kun. I tried to choose cult. Because cults are cool. (It didn’t work)
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2023, 11:25:31 am »

PFP

I believe you would do that, even though it was clearly not an option, but I also believe webadict would give you a second chance to send in a valid option and you would pick "mafia".
Also, please refer to me as -sama.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2023, 11:28:27 am »

PFP

Clearly you overestimate webadict, Spin-chan.

Or fail to recognize the depths of his twisted humor.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2023, 11:35:13 am »

More importantly, it also means that we can try to divine people into three groups: Likely to choose town, likely to choose mafia, and likely not to choose.

Which category do think I’m in?  What about Curry Carp?

I don't trust Curry Carp with any

Why not?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2023, 11:39:06 am »

I'm pretty sure KW is not on a scum team. Either that or he's ignoring them in the chat right now (quite possible).

Anyway Juicebox wagon? Never a bad vote.

---

Fallacy did you request third party or scum alignment when joining?

---

Note to anyone interested: in BYOR12, mafia won the game after hammering town at end of day with a double vote. Clearing EJ one way or the other is important before LYLO.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2023, 11:44:13 am »

Which category do think I’m in?  What about Curry Carp?

I don't trust Curry Carp with any

Why not?
You can't pretend not to know and then give away that you know in the same post.

Anyway, first timer who seems very bland probably picks town or leaves it up to chance. Someone like, say, Knightwing would absolutely pick mafia his first time, but I doubt you have the guts.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2023, 11:48:20 am »

(unimportant nonpersons) and MaxSpin: what do you think the setup is in terms of alignment spread?
I actually think this question is interesting due to the fourth starting rule — if webadict really did make us four times as likely to be our chosen alignments (if any), that's a big deal. First of all, I would expect it to mean there are a lot of mafia, and possibly that mafia are correspondingly weaker. More importantly, it also means that we can try to divine people into three groups: Likely to choose town, likely to choose mafia, and likely not to choose. I can already think of some players who I would put into each group. With all that said, though, I strongly suspect web has balanced the game enough that we can't assume everyone got his preferred team. I also don't know yet if I believe there are third parties.

I'm oddly comfortable with this ToonyMan. He seems warm, kindly, and loving, perhaps like a Pope.
In contrast, skeevy perv Lenglon creeps me out, perhaps like a Pope.

EuchreJack, if you haven't yet concluded that everyone must have a hat, I don't know how to help you. Everyone in the room is acting painfully obviously like a hat-owner.
I don't trust EuchreJack with a double vote. I don't trust Curry Carp with any votes. I don't think I trust Jim, Toaster, or hector at all, just on principle. I trust Tric to shoot town and/or protect mafia, so he's clearly town.

I bet Fallacy would pick "mafia" this time.
My eyes track Max as I sit down, and I spend some time typing into my phone.

I like this line of reasoning quite a lot. I'll go ahead and put forward that I did not request an alignment at all. I only submitted a role.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2023, 12:03:55 pm »

My role mentions a hat belonging to Tric, also it seems pretty op, is everyone else the same?
I want us to not talk about this.

In response to this, no. No I say Lenglon. We shall talk about this, clear the air, drink a ten gallon hat of wine. That's twice you've denied, three strikes, you're out.

Knightwing, as I said, there exist a multitude of hats. You all have them. I can steal them. The Big Hat Mafia Game has begun. Now get hunting for Mafia. On this note, can guess you aren't mafia if you're asking so openly, so you can keep that one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2023, 12:04:45 pm »

PFP

Fallacy did you request third party or scum alignment when joining?
See above.

PFP

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2023, 12:09:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure KW is not on a scum team. Either that or he's ignoring them in the chat right now (quite possible).

Maybe it's Knightwing/Juicebox/Fluffe.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2023, 12:10:47 pm »

My role mentions a hat belonging to Tric, also it seems pretty op, is everyone else the same?

In response to this, no. No I say Lenglon. We shall talk about this, clear the air, drink a ten gallon hat of wine. That's twice you've denied, three strikes, you're out.

Knightwing, as I said, there exist a multitude of hats. You all have them. I can steal them. The Big Hat Mafia Game has begun. Now get hunting for Mafia. On this note, can guess you aren't mafia if you're asking so openly, so you can keep that one.
unvote
Tric, please justify your rolefishing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2023, 12:13:27 pm »

Maybe it's Knightwing/Juicebox/Fluffe.
Fluffe is going to ping hard if they haven't upped their game from last time. They just exude a sense of wrongness that is just this side of town divide. (When Mafia)

Nin

unvote
Tric, please justify your rolefishing.
Lenglon, is it really rolefishing? I'm hatfishing. Knightwing seems town enough, so I have no reason to steal their hat. But you actively denied discussion about it. Sure you can say you're trying not to get day 1 discussion bogged down, but I've completely skipped RVS to go to HATStore instead.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2023, 12:20:44 pm »

I said nothing about discussion getting bogged down Tric, don't try to stuff words in my mouth. I said that asking about Hats is rolefishing. If people want to claim their hats then that's on them, but generally people shouldn't roleclaim day 1 without a good reason. You're actively pushing and fishing for the hat part of people's roles without justification. I do think we will want to have a good long hat discussion, but said discussion will probably be best to have on day 2.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92