Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47343 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2023, 08:15:56 am »

HATS!

In answer to why. But for whatever reason, I never received my PM. What's up with that web?

Well, not like being amnesiac would be bad. Or whatever this is.

I think they fell asleep partly through sending PMs.  They’ll probably send yours after they wake up.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2023, 08:22:39 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Lenglon     --3-- Jim Groovester*, A_Curious_Cat*, FallacyofUrist*,
A_Curious_Cat  --1-- hector13*,
FallacyofUrist --1-- Lenglon*,
Knightwing64   --1-- notquitethere*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- Toaster*,
Egan_BW        --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
notquitethere  --0--
Toaster        --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
TricMagic      --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --8-- Egan_BW, EuchreJack, Fluffe9911, juicebox, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, TricMagic,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~81 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2023, 08:22:53 am »

This better not be another hat game!

Cat, of course its too early to tell, but attempting to tell tells me about your tells. So make a guess

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2023, 08:36:35 am »

Oh NQT my sweet mafia robot catgirl pirateninja child, it's Hats all the way down. You can blame webadict for it if you want.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2023, 08:41:39 am »

I can now confirm a multitude of hats. Why do you have them, and which ones do you have? Give me ma hats!

On that note, I vote Fallacy for asking. Good try trying to lynch folks overnight. My question to everyone is what Hats do for you. Ya know, so I can steal and use them to gather more hats. Don't be shy~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2023, 08:46:37 am »

HATS!

In answer to why. But for whatever reason, I never received my PM. What's up with that web?

Trix the Magic - 100% not mafia

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2023, 08:56:26 am »

Apparently the game theme is Four Squared, but we only had 15 players. I propose EuchreJack is the Missing Denominator.

What say you in your double voting defense EuchreJack?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2023, 09:05:36 am »

Cat, of course its too early to tell, but attempting to tell tells me about your tells. So make a guess

I’m kinda suspicious of Fallacy and Lenglon (primarily due to what happened starting here).

Also, can anyone tell me what blue text means?  I know red is used when voting to lynch, but I’m not sure about the blue.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2023, 09:09:44 am »

Curious Cat:
I’ll also say that if you lynch me you’ll be losing a great ally for the town.

This is unhelpful.  Probably everyone has powerful roles here, but even if this was a near-mountainous setup, this is a meaningless claim.

Now that I’ve typed that, I’m no longer so sure about voting EuchreJack now that I think Lenglon is probably scum.

Why?    Oh, you answered already.  And elaborated already when your first answer was insufficient.  Okay, fair enough... for now, but you'll need to do better in the future.

I’m kinda suspicious of Fallacy and Lenglon (primarily due to what happened starting here).

Also, can anyone tell me what blue text means?  I know red is used when voting to lynch, but I’m not sure about the blue.

It is the Finger of Suspicion.  It's a non-mechanical way of saying you find someone very suspicious, but without actually voting them or doing anything mechanical about it.

NQT:
That means nothing. Whoever is in the lead early D1 rarely is eliminated. There'll be loads more wagons before the end of day, and (I see Toony is in this game so) probably a frantic mass switch around of votes in the last fifteen minutes. Someone like hector13 is more likely  to get eliminated. Guess again.

I seriously doubt hector's namedrop here was arbitrary.  Why do you name him?

TricMagic:
Apparently the game theme is Four Squared, but we only had 15 players. I propose EuchreJack is the Missing Denominator.

What say you in your double voting defense EuchreJack?

This is very specific.

ToonyMan:
HATS!

Trix the Magic - 100% not mafia

That's all you've got?  Is this TownieMan?

Hey... Fallacy.

Can you do me a flavor and confirm that you are, right now, absolutely definitely 100% unquestionable beyond the shadow of a doubt, town right now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2023, 09:13:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2023, 09:15:59 am »

Posting from phone (PFP)

Hey... Fallacy.

Can you do me a flavor and confirm that you are, right now, absolutely definitely 100% unquestionable beyond the shadow of a doubt, town right now?

Yes.

Any attempt to confirm that mechanically will probably fail horribly, in all honesty. But yes.

FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2023, 09:22:52 am »

How do I feel about each player's first posts? I think that's a good angle to parkour from.

Let's dig in dudes.

first post
I don't like this post.
Verdict: 65% mafia

first...post?
Curious Cat doesn't even seem to be acknowledging the game here. I kind of like that, but I can't tell if they've even read their role from Web yet here. If we assume they have then...
Verdict: 70% town

first
Nothing stands out to me, could go either way for veteran Toaster.
Verdict: 50% town TBD

first, many words
So many words. Me like many words and effort.
Verdict: 60% town

first post
These seem like very silly questions for "No Fun Allowed" Lenglon to make.
Verdict: 60% mafia

Jim buttering me up
I want to say they're town here. I'm pretty good at soulreading Jim 90% of the time.
Verdict: 75.4% town

Side note: I kind of like Hector and Jim both just voting Lenglon over FoU's omega-god-awesome day inspect. I think it shows no fear at least.

first post
Helpful, I get a good impression at least.
Verdict: 66.6% town TBD

hats
So town it hurts, or at least, not mafia.
Verdict: 100% not mafia

Everybody else hasn't posted yet!

Moving on...

I'm pretty sure I'm town.
This is a pretty lukewarm reaction compared to the previous game you were town where I pegged you correctly as town (initially).

Toaster and Jim and ToonyMan: who are the players we should be trying to clear first? I was going to ask this to the more experienced players but there are quite a few of you so I guess those three seem to be a decent cross-section for this one…
Me, Toaster, you, Max.

Jim is probably okay. Don't really find anyone else dangerous.

Most likely is 10 town, 3 to 4 mafia, and 1 third party.

Aside from that, there could be multiple scumteams, a complete absence of mafia (and a lot of hostile third parties), three cult leaders...

Webadict is not afraid at all to mix things up.

The conventional pattern would suggest 10 town, 3-4 mafia, and 1-2 third parties.

Personally I'd bet web has mixed it up this time around, though, since the last few games have been more reasonable.
This does all sound reasonable, but I suspect your confidence in it.

I can't tell if you're confident in your read of Web as a moderator or know more than you should.

That means nothing. Whoever is in the lead early D1 rarely is eliminated. There'll be loads more wagons before the end of day, and (I see Toony is in this game so) probably a frantic mass switch around of votes in the last fifteen minutes. Someone like hector13 is more likely  to get eliminated. Guess again.
Rude.

PPE:
That's all you've got?  Is this TownieMan?
I'm trying man. I wanted to say something quickly before making an actual post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2023, 09:41:56 am »

Oooooof sooo tooown.

Don't like Toaster chasting Curious Cat, but it could be from a place of good faith.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2023, 09:43:21 am »

Cat, that's interesting though not what I asked. Who you think is currently suspicious has only a small bearing on who will actually be voted out. Probably it is too early to make a good guess, so I'll try and remember to ask when everyone else has posted.

--

Good stuff Toony, but probably Fallacy and Lenglon aren't both on the same team. Also am I wrong about end of day?

--
Toaster, call it an educated guess RE: Hector. We'll see.

--

Fallacy do you think scum, third party, or town will win this game?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2023, 09:49:39 am »

Looking at the posts that Curious Cat linked between FoU and Lenglon I also agree with them about the two. Which also lines up with my initial first post impressions of both players! I find this very convincing.

Good stuff Toony, but probably Fallacy and Lenglon aren't both on the same team. Also am I wrong about end of day?
Fair point, I don't see it being likely either.

I hate last minute vote switching. I swear it happens to me because people force ties I have to break or large misunderstandings happening. I'm not purposely seeking out stress when I don't believe last minute switches are more likely to hit scum in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 92