Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47271 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2023, 01:33:09 am »

Lenglon:
Toaster: You're shakerag. prove me wrong.

I thought about it, but no.  Also, burden of proof's on you.

At what level of group-refusal to participate does RVS fall apart?

What’s “shakerag”?

Also, EuchreJack:  assuming that you are scum, your double-voting ability would likely be very bad for the town.  How can you assure us that you are town?

Lenglon is obvscum. I used my one-shot infallible nuclear awesome day-alignment inspect no-failure-possible ability on her and she's mafia. Everyone vote Lenglon now or I will break your legs.

Are you sure?  How do we know you aren’t trying to deceive us?  I was going to vote EuchreJack, but I can vote Lenglon if you can convince me.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2023, 01:35:13 am »

Wait, shit, I forgot to mention this in my first post.

Alignment inspection does not work on me. It just gives no result. This is because I am a god, in the context of this game. I will not comment on what that means, but I want you to be very afraid.

What’s “shakerag”?
Shakerag (uppercase) is a Bay 12 mafia player legendary for submitting roles formatted like 'The BYOR 16 role that makes its user win no matter what and have total immunity to all abilities' to BYOR games.

Are you sure?  How do we know you aren’t trying to deceive us?  I was going to vote EuchreJack, but I can vote Lenglon if you can convince me.
You don't know that, but I am voting Lenglon and you should too, because I used my ultra-awesome-never-fail 100% certain unerring guaranteed true Super day inspect on her.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2023, 01:36:10 am »

Lenglon: I feel like it's a passable vessel for breaking the ice.  It rarely on its own generates real value, and I think it mostly happens because no one has come up with a serviceable alternative that's worth anything.  Many many years ago, you'd see practically arbitrary tunneling right out the gate, but it's been a while since I can recall seeing it.

Lenglon is obvscum. I used my one-shot infallible nuclear awesome day-alignment inspect no-failure-possible ability on her and she's mafia. Everyone vote Lenglon now or I will break your legs.
ONOS! quick!
unvote
FoU: Oh My God You're Scum! You must be scum because I'm not and you're totally completely serious about this claim! Since I'm not scum you must be lying and liers = scum! eek! everyone vote FoU!

Hector: actual answer? Because I hate RVS and figure drawing some votes early will be the fastest way to get us out of this stupid section of the game.

Cat: make a decision, who's being scummier, me or FoU. Vote the scummy one. Right now. (hint: I'm the scummier of the two of us)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2023, 01:38:33 am »

See, even Lenglon thinks you should vote her! It's the foolproof choice! The scumteam is definitely Lenglon Hector TricMagic. This is because my god-magic-super-inspect chained from her and told me everyone else in the scumteam's alignments too.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2023, 01:42:56 am »

See, even Lenglon thinks you should vote her! It's the foolproof choice! The scumteam is definitely Lenglon Hector TricMagic. This is because my god-magic-super-inspect chained from her and told me everyone else in the scumteam's alignments too.
FoU: actual question, why do you think it's a 3-person scumteam in a 15-player game? isn't that a little low?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2023, 01:44:46 am »

Well, uh, that'd be because there's also another three-person scumteam of EuchreJack, juicebox, and Toaster.

My logic is foolproof.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2023, 01:46:24 am »

Fallacy didn’t claim Miller in his first post, all that credit built up is now gone.

I’ll change my vote later though, Lenglon is totes bluffing. Or double bluffing.

Bluff isn’t a word anymore.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Role Decorating In Progress - [15 Players Loaded]
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2023, 01:49:05 am »

EuchreJack because he's a double voter.

Jim G:  It's been twelve years.  Would you say you've learned enough in this time that you are no longer a newbie?

Good lord, no. If you had seen my recent play you wouldn't need to ask to know that the answer is no.

Fallacy:
TricMagic: Explain. Now.

If it's hat related, Tric did it.  This is simple logic.

The only hat he'll get is the DUNCE hat

You’re not scum, are you?  ???

Tell me how much experience you have playing forum mafia because your first post bothers me.

Toaster and Jim and ToonyMan: who are the players we should be trying to clear first? I was going to ask this to the more experienced players but there are quite a few of you so I guess those three seem to be a decent cross-section for this one…

I would pick ToonyMan and Maximum Spin and you since I think you three are the most dangerous players as scum.

But I don't really think clearing players is going to happen very easily. Certainly mechanical clearing is going to be impossible, and clearing them based on reads will be difficult because of how dangerous they are as scum.

Hector13: I refuse to tell you if I'm third party right now. How do you feel about that?

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Jim: if you could thanos-snap half the players here right now at the cost of also killing yourself, would you? why or why not?

Yes, because it would be hilarious.

The power level of this particular game may be unreasonably high.
Is this good or bad for finding scum?

Bad, since the sheer absurdity and confusion will interfere with attempts to form reads.

I can't wait for the majority of the players to spend Day 2 trying to analyze the night game only for literally nothing valuable to come from it and for it to ultimately be misleading.

RVS is garbage.

RVS is great, fuck you.

Lenglon: I feel like it's a passable vessel for breaking the ice.  It rarely on its own generates real value, and I think it mostly happens because no one has come up with a serviceable alternative that's worth anything.  Many many years ago, you'd see practically arbitrary tunneling right out the gate, but it's been a while since I can recall seeing it.

Good enough for me.

Lenglon.

Well, uh, that'd be because there's also another three-person scumteam of EuchreJack, juicebox, and Toaster.

My logic is foolproof.

I mean if mafia deity says so....
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2023, 01:53:09 am »

Jim: are you a double-voter?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2023, 01:55:54 am »

Cat: while the stage of the game we’re at does include “random” in it, it’s usually a good idea to avoid randomness in choosing who to go after at this point. How do you think we’ll get to the point of choosing who to lynch D1, and how do you intend to contribute to that? How do you intend to make sure you’re not the flip we get information from?

1.  By asking and answering questions.

2.  By asking and answering questions.

3.  By answering question as best I can.  Also, I think I can be a great benefit to the town.  At the very least in that I can help hunt for scum (though I’m not completely sure how to do so).

Cat: make a decision, who's being scummier, me or FoU. Vote the scummy one. Right now. (hint: I'm the scummier of the two of us)

I smell a trap.  I think I’ll think a bit before making my decision.

Lenglon:  what benefit would you gain if I voted to lynch you?  Are you some sort of jester where the town will lose if we lynch you?

You’ll need to convince me concerning your “god-magic-super-inspect” first, however I’m currently leaning towards lynching her…

Does your ability say anything about me?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2023, 01:57:20 am »

Jim: are you a double-voter?

No

...t that I'm aware of.

Also,

Spoiler: the fuck is this, egan (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2023, 02:01:11 am »

I smell a trap.  I think I’ll think a bit before making my decision.

Lenglon:  what benefit would you gain if I voted to lynch you?  Are you some sort of jester where the town will lose if we lynch you?
Cat: Absolutely nothing. I don't want to be voted or lynched. Now vote the scummy person.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2023, 02:02:47 am »

You’ll need to convince me concerning your “god-magic-super-inspect” first, however I’m currently leaning towards lynching her…

Does your ability say anything about me?
Yes. My ultra-powerful-always-accurate-checker of vibes indicates that you are trustworthy and have a strong limited-shot ability in your role.

Now vote Lenglon, who is blatantly scum.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2023, 02:09:32 am »

You’re not scum, are you?  ???

Tell me how much experience you have playing forum mafia because your first post bothers me.

Zero. Zilch, nada.  This is my very first time actually playing mafia.

Also, don’t you need to unvote EuchreJack before you vote Lenglon?  Or can you vote both at the same time?  I’d probably vote both of them if I could…

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2023, 02:11:19 am »

Also, don’t you need to unvote EuchreJack before you vote Lenglon?  Or can you vote both at the same time?  I’d probably vote both of them if I could…
Cat: then why are you voting neither? A vote unused doesn't accomplish anything now does it? Vote scum!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 92