Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47123 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1230 on: April 26, 2023, 09:43:46 pm »

And I guess that means I still read juice as mafia. Oh well, I probably could have sent him something less damaging than my entire role and a bunch of chatlogs.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 26, 2023, 09:44:25 pm »

And because of this. Fluffe is always mafia.

Let's see Day 3 Fluffe.
Ok first off your pretty much already confirmed mafia by Egan so im voting for you ToonyMan

Secondly I do agree at this point after looking through all the posts I do think Cat is town (I also noticed the discord message slip) Im also 99% certain Egan is town, and im 99% certain NQT is town, Max and Jim outside of some real crazy shenanigans are pretty much confirmed Mason buddies (although put a pin in this), which leaves only me (which it aint), you (which it is), and juice (which logical deduction also says it is)

Lastly I tried to hide away in a pot last night but @Maximum Spin stole it (for some reason) which confirms I didnt do anything bad

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 26, 2023, 09:48:52 pm »

And I guess that means I still read juice as mafia. Oh well, I probably could have sent him something less damaging than my entire role and a bunch of chatlogs.

What do you make of this?:

Did you get my offer Egan? Because one of the effects was a protect, the other was to make you unblockable.

I also tried to use my hat on Toony but I got the result of redacted as well
No? No offers. I just received a 1-shot protect action.

The protect action probably came from me then.  Oh one last interesting night result. somebody took a shot away from one of my abilities.

That 1-shot protect came from me.  Knightwing64 and notquitethere should have also each received something.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 26, 2023, 09:51:42 pm »

juicebox either doesn't understand their role or are being intentionally confounding. Nothing they say they've done seems very much like what they've actually done.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 26, 2023, 09:52:41 pm »

Also, this for clarity:

Interesting.  What do you mean by “offer”?

It's one of my abilities, I offer a player a drink that comes with various effects. It's the same thing I targeted Egan with Night 1, except this time the effects were more beneficial to them.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 26, 2023, 09:59:45 pm »

Anyway, to play coy Curious Cat said something fairly compromising in the general Discord chat before this day started. It made it quite obvious they are town or at least a solo player. Any player that's alive that saw it could vouch if they want. I don't care and understand if players don't want to see that as evidence, but I can't unsee things that will affect my play.
Ahh. Jim mentioned seeing something there while I was AFK too but didn't tell me what.

Ehhh. Okay. I'll accept that. On the other hand, we don't know if Lenglon and hector were teamed, so it could still be solo for that reason... I'll take it under advisement and try to reevaluate.

Let me think, who's left (no particular order)?
Jim: BFF
ACC: Possible townslippage
Toony: Scum result, benefit of the doubt
Fluffe: I know what he did last summer
NQT: Toony says town
juicebox: Role not suspicious
Egan: I'm pretty sure he has to have the same alignment as Fallacy

Interesting.  I didn’t know it was compromising… wonder if that’s why my message disappeared?
You're not allowed to say anything about the game outside the game anyway.

So as I was saying. If Toony is town, I guess this makes juicebox, Fluffe, and NQT most suspicious to me.

Every dead scum player has had an incriminating role, which I know juicebox doesn't. I feel this counts for something.

I don't know why Toony would bat for ACC like this as scum, either. I'm pretty sure Fluffe didn't frame ToonyMan, and I'm pretty sure juicebox didn't frame ToonyMan, so who did? I guess it could be Egan, who claimed the inspect? I really think he has to be town, though. If hector was teamed with... ahhhh, right.

Each mason team had one uninvestigable quasi-miller. Fallacy and me. If hector was teamed with Lenglon (which seems likely - only one kill happened), maybe each mafia team had one godfather? In particular, maybe NQT's role has to do with changing inspects? It feels a little like a stretch, but it would hang together thematically.

I think that means it can be NQT and Fluffe or NQT and juicebox. I don't see how it can be juicebox and Fluffe. I'm not quite clear on why Toony says he can't be with anybody but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I like Toony.

wow, I spent a long time on that.
Lastly I tried to hide away in a pot last night but @Maximum Spin stole it (for some reason) which confirms I didnt do anything bad
Okay, good that we're clear on that, this explains why I don't think it's Fluffe.
So, besides borrowing from the dead/otherwise out of the game, I can also steal from the living, but not both. (I'm a set theory paradox.) I stole a random action Fluffe would've used tonight. I really did get a fat 3AP commute called Empty Jug. You can hide in the jug or make someone else hide in the jug. It looks like a shot was probably used n1, if I'm right that not being able to use it n2 didn't consume a shot, which I assume.
So I don't think Fluffe could have done anything devious either night, since taking his action away would have effectively superblocked him too.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 26, 2023, 10:01:03 pm »

(I offer no apology for taking it and I hope not being able to hide forces you to contribute more.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 26, 2023, 10:02:52 pm »

juicebox either doesn't understand their role or are being intentionally confounding. Nothing they say they've done seems very much like what they've actually done.
Sorry, I shouldn't have ignored this while I was typing the other thing.
juicebox cannot give people 1-shot protects or any other sort of action anyway.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 26, 2023, 10:04:00 pm »

What I can say for sure is that I tried to use my role to protect you N2, and make you unblockable. I think I may be confused on some of the details of the role, but that is what I was attempting to do and I got no notification that it failed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 26, 2023, 10:07:03 pm »

What I can say for sure is that I tried to use my role to protect you N2, and make you unblockable. I think I may be confused on some of the details of the role, but that is what I was attempting to do and I got no notification that it failed.
You said you targeted Fluffe n1. Did this succeed?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 26, 2023, 10:09:22 pm »

I didn't get anything that said it failed, but I also got no results from that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 26, 2023, 10:11:03 pm »

And because of this. Fluffe is always mafia.

Let's see Day 3 Fluffe.
Ok first off your pretty much already confirmed mafia by Egan so im voting for you ToonyMan

Secondly I do agree at this point after looking through all the posts I do think Cat is town (I also noticed the discord message slip) Im also 99% certain Egan is town, and im 99% certain NQT is town, Max and Jim outside of some real crazy shenanigans are pretty much confirmed Mason buddies (although put a pin in this), which leaves only me (which it aint), you (which it is), and juice (which logical deduction also says it is)

I have been living on death's door for a majority of this game now.

I will fight you. You will flip mafia.

Max's world will shatter. I can't blame him, he can't see things from my perspective. There's some mean things I can say here, but I'll hold my tongue.

Technically Max/Jim is possible, but whatever dead chat can't yell at us and I don't care. They've already won together before and nobody is going to be excited about that. I don't really believe it either.

PPE:
It's because they're mafia.

Look, if you give me time today I will do that thing where I link a good song and give a bunch of thoughts about something. I'm 90% confident I can figure out the scum team inside Fluffe/Juicebox/NQT, Toony guarantee, but I want to do a post rundown like I did when trying to figure out Lenglon's partner. I think it was Hector, because not only do a lot of things make sense, but nobody has claimed the Knightwing kill. Which means we only had one (unclaimed) kill last night. In other words, only one scum team left.

PPE again:
words
I take back the mean things I held back from saying.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 26, 2023, 10:14:05 pm »

I take back the mean things I held back from saying.
I appreciate it.
I think it can still be Fluffe theoretically, but Fluffe/juicebox doesn't make any sense to me based on this! It pretty much means town did this weird redaction bomb and framed you for no reason.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 26, 2023, 10:16:12 pm »

Each mason team had one uninvestigable quasi-miller. Fallacy and me. If hector was teamed with Lenglon (which seems likely - only one kill happened), maybe each mafia team had one godfather? In particular, maybe NQT's role has to do with changing inspects? It feels a little like a stretch, but it would hang together thematically.

I think that means it can be NQT and Fluffe or NQT and juicebox. I don't see how it can be juicebox and Fluffe. I'm not quite clear on why Toony says he can't be with anybody but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I like Toony.
I didn't even consider this. Now I will.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 26, 2023, 10:30:49 pm »

I'm going to feel like an idiot if NQT is mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92