Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47194 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1215 on: April 26, 2023, 09:02:09 pm »

tho eh

mod: if player a with alignment Mafia possesses an innate which says 'your alignment is always the same as player b' and player b has alignment of town and is dead, does player a's alignment indeed change? Or is that not allowed because it's converting mafia?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 26, 2023, 09:05:31 pm »

Well, night 1 I was forced to Choose an ability to give to "unknown player", who has to be juicebox. At the end of day 2 I lost that ability, which is an innate which says that I have access to a group masonchat and that my alignment is always the same as Fallacy's. At the same time, I left that chat. I presume that if they're in that chat, they have the same alignment as fallacy.

juicebox: what abilities did I gain on night 1?
I highly doubt mafia can be converted to town. What game am I even playing if that is the case.

If you've seen Juicebox's role did they have the REDACTED bomb? If not, it was probably Fluffe who did the bomb. Which means it's Fluffe/Juicebox or Fluffe/NQT. It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, that's who the mafia have to be since Curious Cat has spewed themselves town in more ways than one. I don't think that's much of a spoiler, since Cat has been spewing themselves town in this thread the entire game.
He did not. I'm also pretty sure it's not Fluffe because of my own action on him.
Fair enough.

The teams that make the most sense to me right now, actually, are Toony/NQT or Toony/ACC.
I'm not with anyone. I literally can't be with any player. In addition, if you think Cat is mafia you are insane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 26, 2023, 09:08:19 pm »

tho eh

mod: if player a with alignment Mafia possesses an innate which says 'your alignment is always the same as player b' and player b has alignment of town and is dead, does player a's alignment indeed change? Or is that not allowed because it's converting mafia?
Mafia are normally unable to be affected by Recruit Abilities, but Abilities may affect this.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 26, 2023, 09:08:43 pm »

In addition, if you think Cat is mafia you are insane.
Why?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 26, 2023, 09:09:22 pm »

tho eh

Mafia are normally unable to be affected by Recruit Abilities, but Abilities may affect this.
Bah! Where does it even say that in the rules!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 26, 2023, 09:11:15 pm »

Fallacy's ability only says "Whenever you change alignments, REDACT changes to your alignment.", anyway. It doesn't prevent being two different alignments as long as the players started out that way.
It's a little hard to believe yours is different!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 26, 2023, 09:11:47 pm »

In addition, if you think Cat is mafia you are insane.
Why?
Want me to angleshoot and probably get modkilled? Or give the censored version?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 26, 2023, 09:13:50 pm »

Bah! Where does it even say that in the rules!
It doesn't.  It's an Assumed Rule For The Sake Of Fun, as Recruitable Mafia would be unlikely to work with their team and may even sabotage their efforts in an effort to win, as well as potentially turn in all of their teammates.

It'd be INCREDIBLY BAD GAME DESIGN to allow Recruiting the Mafia through normal means.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 26, 2023, 09:14:07 pm »

Fallacy's ability only says "Whenever you change alignments, REDACT changes to your alignment.", anyway. It doesn't prevent being two different alignments as long as the players started out that way.
That's what it says. Always the same. Blame wuba.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 26, 2023, 09:14:43 pm »

If you feel more comfortable giving a censored version, go ahead. I don't see any angle though. I thought the angleshooting was on Tric, anyway, with the "didn't get the PM" thing.

That's what it says. Always the same. Blame wuba.
Fine, if you say so.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 26, 2023, 09:15:04 pm »

It doesn't.  It's an Assumed Rule For The Sake Of Fun, as Recruitable Mafia would be unlikely to work with their team and may even sabotage their efforts in an effort to win, as well as potentially turn in all of their teammates.

It'd be INCREDIBLY BAD GAME DESIGN to allow Recruiting the Mafia through normal means.
Since I have a poor grasp of game design, unstated rules are rules I don't know about.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 26, 2023, 09:19:48 pm »

I have a poor grasp of game design
Same! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 26, 2023, 09:23:43 pm »

If you feel more comfortable giving a censored version, go ahead. I don't see any angle though. I thought the angleshooting was on Tric, anyway, with the "didn't get the PM" thing.
It's kind of similar. Which should be convincing because Tric was town, although I made it a point to Toaster that I also read Tric as town on their behavior, same as Curious Cat.

Anyway, to play coy Curious Cat said something fairly compromising in the general Discord chat before this day started. It made it quite obvious they are town or at least a solo player. Any player that's alive that saw it could vouch if they want. I don't care and understand if players don't want to see that as evidence, but I can't unsee things that will affect my play.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 26, 2023, 09:26:30 pm »

It's kind of similar. Which should be convincing because Tric was town, although I made it a point to Toaster that I also read Tric as town on their behavior, same as Curious Cat.

Anyway, to play coy Curious Cat said something fairly compromising in the general Discord chat before this day started. It made it quite obvious they are town or at least a solo player. Any player that's alive that saw it could vouch if they want. I don't care and understand if players don't want to see that as evidence, but I can't unsee things that will affect my play.

Interesting.  I didn’t know it was compromising… wonder if that’s why my message disappeared?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 26, 2023, 09:28:35 pm »

Interesting.  I didn’t know it was compromising… wonder if that’s why my message disappeared?
^^^
Town
Player
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 92