Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Biggest Cash In  (Read 1922 times)

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
Biggest Cash In
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:16:00 am »

My biggest cash in was coming back to town after pillaging a ruin. I got a bunch of superior iron armor, and got a total of 8500. . . monies. . .

Im sure some of you have much more amazing cash ins than that, so lets hear 'em!

[ January 06, 2007: Message edited by: Syreal ]

You die in the heat.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Biggest Cash In
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »

Pillaging ruins is pretty much the only way to get a whole lot of money; that or picking up things in kobold towers and stuff.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »

Kobold Towers? I haven't run across any of those yet.
You die in the heat.

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »

I take it that selling an artifact would probably get you all the gold the merchant has. I don't think you would want to sell an artifact, though, even if it was something useless for an adventurer like a cave spider silk floodgate. (There needs to be some good way to properly deposit collected artifacts; perhaps civilizations could have museums in their capitals, and adventurers could donate artifacts and masterpieces in exchange for recognition for their charity?)

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

I haven't done extensive adventuring since several versions ago, when you could often find thousands of monies worth of crafts around ruins and fortresses.  Occasionally you could find crafts worth more than 8500 each.  Not sure if those are no longer available.

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Maximus:
<STRONG>I haven't done extensive adventuring since several versions ago, when you could often find thousands of monies worth of crafts around ruins and fortresses.  Occasionally you could find crafts worth more than 8500 each.  Not sure if those are no longer available.</STRONG>

Around some you still can. Personally, I find it easier to carry around a few masterpiece-improved earrings in substitute for cash, as its far lighter for your character to carry around small objects worth lots that don't weigh much opposed to 10000 coins that weigh more than your armor does.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 08:18:00 pm »

quote:
as its far lighter for your character to carry around small objects worth lots that don't weigh much opposed to 10000 coins that weigh more than your armor does.

Yes that's a good idea. It's like universal money. I need to switch up my 300lb masterpiece iron statues for something . . . lighter. They are worth 3000 each and I was carrying 3 of them along with all my iron armor, weapons and some hundred coins without any penalty on speed, lol.

btw->
What do you mean by artifacts?

You die in the heat.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 08:30:00 pm »

Items which have names, and titles.

If you play Fortress mode to 20+ dwarves, one of them will eventually go into a fey mood and create an artifact (after obtaining the necessary components, of course)

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 08:39:00 pm »

Thanks mechanoid!
Is there any in adventure mode?
You die in the heat.

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 11:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Syreal:
<STRONG>Thanks mechanoid!
Is there any in adventure mode?</STRONG>

Only those that you've created in Fortress Mode...

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »

Poop.
You die in the heat.

Sestze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 01:33:00 am »

Actually, if any of the goblin invasions are a judge, the goblins make artifacts as well, or at least very high quality items.

I had one valued at 2500, with inlaid gold, platinum, and silk into rhesus macaque leather narrow leather cloak. Had the specific historical event of "The gibbering planes of whatever founding needlepicks" or somesuch.

Ibu Muffintakers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »

Go into a goblin fortress, kill 5-6 of the buggers, and pick up every article of clothing they drop.  Spider silk has a 20x value multiplier, and the small iron armor sells for a fortune.  I cleaned out two and a half shops (about $23,000) in one run.
ime flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »

Wow!

Unfortunately, I've seen nothing in the shops for more than 2500 or so. That was like exceptional iron armor of some kind.

You die in the heat.

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 04:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sestze:
<STRONG>Actually, if any of the goblin invasions are a judge, the goblins make artifacts as well, or at least very high quality items.

I had one valued at 2500, with inlaid gold, platinum, and silk into rhesus macaque leather narrow leather cloak. Had the specific historical event of "The gibbering planes of whatever founding needlepicks" or somesuch.</STRONG>

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about those. Yes, occasionally you will see leaders of some civs carrying artifact weapons (and maybe armor, too, though I haven't seen any). I haven't seen a different civ creature carrying an artifact in at least a few forts now, though. Just haven't been lucky, I guess.

Has anyone found a human/goblin/kobold carrying one of these in Adventure mode yet? I've only ever seen them in Fortress mode...

Pages: [1] 2