Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Plunderers of the black Necropolis. A multi player adventure (6/6)  (Read 6604 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plunderers of the black Necropolis. A multi player adventure (6/6)
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2023, 07:02:57 pm »

Any one think that we'll hear from Crazyabe in the next day or so?
only asking as i'm 50% of the way thru the next up date and  there story wise standing between everyone else an the fight.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2023, 07:21:48 pm »

Apply Sword to Cultist head. Repeatedly if Needed.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2023, 07:22:50 pm »

To be honesty your lucky that you got some good rolls this turn.

Head into the room with the beds and see if there's anything left to loot in there.
go to the room with the beds, grabbing occulty stuff.  then I go help the dude fighting cultists. 

You both enter the room, passing Leif Eiriksson on the way out and find that it has been picked over, the chests are open, beds over turned and anything worth taking is likey in Eiriksson's bag.
Melvin collects a few scattered nicknack's to to his bag before he follows Jurg and Bob northwards to wards the sound of fighting.
--------
Apply Sword to Cultist head. Repeatedly if Needed.
(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 6 1d6 = 2)
As the two cultist ignore the fallen comrade, you kick the leg out fro under the nearest cultist and bring your sword down hard on there shoulder, flesh and bone sever cleanly from the chest as Blood pours in gouts from the ruins, and your opponent falls
to the ground unconscious in a growing pool of crimson.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 3,  1d6 = 3)
The second cultist jabs his dagger at you but you avoid the blow.

The ring leader starts to chant and his hands begin to glow as eye shift to rolling pits of black fire.
-----------
Keep fighting the cultists, while slowly trying to advance toward the altar.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 3, Rolling 1d6 - 1 ( 6 ) + -1 = 5)
As you step forwards from the pillar the dagger of the cultist to the left catches you across the knuckles, you drop the sword in pain .
You duck back behind the pillar an reach for your mace.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 6 ,  1d6 - 1 ( 5 ) + -1 = 4)
A the cultist steps forwards to strike, you catch him in forearm with your mace, the bone shatters with a loud crack that echoes across the room.

The priest nearest you pulls a impressive looking sword from under his robes and adopts a fighting guard.
----------

Following the others, make sure to throw an axe into the heart of the obvious evil cultist hiding on top of the altar, pretending to be tied up!

You rush to the sounds of battle and find four cultists standing in front of around a pair red robed priests, one stands there his eyes glowing with boiling black flames, his tongue alive with the elder tongue of his black god.

Still running you throw your axe clear in to the heart of the woman laying there gagged and chained to the altar.
Her wide eyes look at you with sad disappointment as her life blood flows on to alter.   

Nothing to fight here. Go north until I find something to kill.

Theres a shout of rage as you enter the room behind Leif Eiriksson.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 6 vs  1d6 = 4)
Wasteing no time you sweep the leg of nearist cultist, the blow shatters his ankle, felling him to
the ground as his foot sticks out at strange angle.

go to the room with the beds, grabbing occulty stuff.  then I go help the dude fighting cultists. 
The room is full of action as you enter, run in pass Jurg as they brake the leg of a cultist and you leap at the cultists with your twin swords.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 8,  1d6 = 1, look that's a double attack)
head 13
With the lefty hand Your sword slices cleanly through the cultists lower jaw, spilling four teeth and a lump of tongue to the floor.
The right blade strikes down in an arc, cutting clean through the chest and belly and he falls in two body bisected, and his innards spilling out.

Head into the room with the beds and see if there's anything left to loot in there.
Panting you reach the room as the others are engaged in combat, you take a moment to survey the scene.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Normals foes are solid squares, The boss cultists have a black line across them.
You are the coloured dots.
---------
Sheets
---------

Spoiler: crazyabe,  Rufarus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan , Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW, Jurg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strif3, Erman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party loot (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2023, 08:07:56 pm »

Climb up one of the pillars and hide in the vaulted ceiling while the cultists are distracted by flighting.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2023, 08:16:54 pm »

I feel like this fight is pretty handled, so I'll loot whatever's visible while the others finish up, defending myself as needed.

You're the one who said the goal here was to loot the place. I can't get paid for dying heroically. At least I didn't try to sell the prisoner into slavery.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2023, 01:02:58 am »

"Well damn no loot."
Look around the rooms we've been in for any loot that's been missed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:29:25 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2023, 01:34:20 am »

"Well damn no loot."
Look around the rooms for any loot that's been missed.
So your headed to the large unopened doors behind you?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2023, 01:48:35 am »

The whole team is currently positioned perfectly to pincer the cultists. Is anyone at all not a coward? Or are you all going to run away crying and soiling your breeches now?

If i get literally one other person to help me fight the cultists, I'll advance forward, shield up. Else, i'll back away, the same way i came in.

I might be brave, but i'm not a fool.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2023, 01:55:55 am »

You got this buddy I'm just setting up for some sick moves.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2023, 02:09:46 am »

"Well damn no loot."
Look around the rooms for any loot that's been missed.
So your headed to the large unopened doors behind you?
I meant to say I was going to search over the rooms we've already been through to see if anything good was missed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2023, 06:10:37 pm »

Charge in and dismember one of the cultists.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2023, 08:54:10 pm »

run around the north side and get the cultist. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2023, 08:39:42 pm »

Climb up one of the pillars and hide in the vaulted ceiling while the cultists are distracted by flighting.

As the cult leader call forth Arcane powers from the shadow void, you settle on hiding.
With both arms wrapping around the stone pillar, you start to worm your way up and soon find your self up among the touch soot and cobwebs.

I feel like this fight is pretty handled, so I'll loot whatever's visible while the others finish up, defending myself as needed.

You're the one who said the goal here was to loot the place. I can't get paid for dying heroically. At least I didn't try to sell the prisoner into slavery.

Knowing that he does not get paid to kill and is here for loot and plunder , you focus on the looting.
The dead cultist have rings of the same serpent with jewelled eyes patten, adding to that you find a large silver disc pendant. 

"Well damn no loot."
Look around the rooms we've been in for any loot that's been missed.
It's easy to look around the see the coins piled up on the alter, the gold candle sticks and silver teeth of the huge skull statute.
If only you could get to it...
There's still a trio of armed cultists blocking that way.

Charge in and dismember one of the cultists.

Full of vigour you charge forwards with both swords ready and meet them in a clash of steel.
(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 6 / 1d6 = 6 )
You thrust high and they duck low under your blade, bring there own up towards your leg.
At the last moment you jump and hit them shoulder first 1/2...

run around the north side and get the cultist. 

As Rufarus slams shoulder first in the cultist you dash to the left of sacrifice slab

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8,  + 1 for flank, ( 5 ) + 1 = 6 vs 1d6 = 5)
As the cultist starts to rise to feet from Rufarus's body charge your in place to strike the cultist down.
Your sword cuts a clean arc and part head from chest in one clean blow.

The whole team is currently positioned perfectly to pincer the cultists. Is anyone at all not a coward? Or are you all going to run away crying and soiling your breeches now?

If i get literally one other person to help me fight the cultists, I'll advance forward, shield up. Else, i'll back away, the same way i came in.

I might be brave, but i'm not a fool.
For a moment fear grips Erman, his wounds are deep and to there shame he can see Jurg  climb from the battle to hide like an insect
 Even Bob has abandoned him in this battle in order to pick throys from the dead.
But then Rufarus charges at the cultist nearest him, he shie's not from a warriors calling, with a charge he batters the cultist the floor and Melvin 's blade splits skull from body.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 5 vs 1d6 = 3 )
As the cultist before you turns to see there kins man die you strike, a full force blow with the mace, broze meat bone and bonme twists an snaps , the arm hangs limp for a moment before you smash it in to the cultists ear.

The last cultist steps back and sucks the Arcane power inwards, growing taller as her body ripples an becomes more muscular, the chest expands, biceps bugle as eyes start to glow.
Before your eyes she grows her body stretching in to giantess of 8 feet tall.
Body pumped by Arcane powers she grins with fire spiting from her teeth.

---------
Sheets
---------

Spoiler: crazyabe,  Rufarus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan , Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW, Jurg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strif3, Erman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party loot (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2023, 08:46:06 pm »

Leap down and split the cultist's head open with a falling staff strike.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2023, 02:00:50 am »

Run towards the giant cultist and start hacking at it's legs with my sword!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9