Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Crash Report Log)  (Read 12803 times)

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Loading World 1) 8/8
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2023, 06:05:01 pm »

I claimed my role before you even posted, actually, and I'm not entirely sure where you soft-claimed Fruit Festival, so it'd be better to quote where that was instead of just saying that, so we can see exactly how you did so.

But, that makes me a hypocrite for not posting where I claimed Fruit Festival before you posted, but let's just chill a second and think about why that is, and it'll become obvious.

Of course, hilariously, I'm in the reversed position and you somehow don't see that, but my reason for voting you was because you didn't claim after I posted not wanting to claim, because I wanted to see who else was against it.  I actually believe that it's entirely possible for you to also be Fruit Festival, because it's a stupid thing to counterclaim, which actually explains a bit about why you wouldn't want to claim.

So, is any of what I'm saying incorrect?

Well, you are misrepresenting the post order... You state(#68) you don't want to claim. I [url+http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=181493.msg8465694#msg8465694]posted (#82)[/url] my soft-claim.  Your next post (#87) claimed Fruit Festival and voted me.  I respond(#90) with full-claim and vote on you.

other than that, no, not that I can tell... I definitely didn't want to claim a no-use role (Fruit-Festival), and a highly suspect role (Arsonist), and I sure think it odd you choose Fruit-Festival for a cover, but its a role-madness game, so...

Each player gets three roles from the pool, yes. Nowhere was it said that the roles chosen couldn't be duplicates.
Okay, but that's not the issue.  The issue is that his assumption was that because I claimed a role that he claimed, he automatically assumed I'm scum.  It's really about whether his accusation is genuine or not, as opposed to anything else.

I voted him because he didn't want to claim, and claiming one role doesn't claim the rest.

Ordinarily 3rd party hunting is a bad sign, but actually we all lose if the Jester wins so I think our best bet is to vote out the Jester D1. We flip Zemaj or Web, and if they don't come up as Jester, we avoid NKing the other.

In my experience, the players most fixated on third parties tend to be either mafia or third party themselves.

See the BYOR where I (scum) was totally convinced that heydude6 had to be a serial killer thanks to his murderguns role.
Right, but there's the possibility that Zemaj is Anti-Jester OR scum, both of which are viable votes.  I don't think that's focusing on third party.

You are right next to me, let us not forget.
Each player gets three roles from the pool, yes. Nowhere was it said that the roles chosen couldn't be duplicates.
Okay, but that's not the issue.  The issue is that his assumption was that because I claimed a role that he claimed, he automatically assumed I'm scum.  It's really about whether his accusation is genuine or not, as opposed to anything else.

I voted him because he didn't want to claim, and claiming one role doesn't claim the rest.

here you go again conveniently not reading my posts in full...  I claimed Arsonist and something I am not at all clear on

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2023, 06:10:16 pm »

Kind of want to shoot zemaj at least.

The evasiveness to directly answering questions was present in Automafia.

sorry, which direct questions did I refuse to answer?  The one where I could only answer with the responses webadict dictated?  If its standard for you to let others put words in your mouth, I'm not sure how this works....

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2023, 06:15:04 pm »

• notquitethere: ? ? ?
  • zemaj: Arsonist Fruitfucker* ?
  • FallacyofUrist: Enchantress ? ?
  • Maximum Spin: Blocked Busdriver Postrestricted
  • ToonyMan: Electrified Tree Townie
  • webadict: Fruitfucker* Dorkcreature ?
  • Fluffe9911: ? ? ?
  • Jim Groovester: Strong Lazy Virgin. And in the game, some roles.
* contested

Unclaimed roles:
Parrot
Conduit
Governor
Poisoner
Janitor
False
Hidden
Coworker
King
Antisocial
Unjester

Fill in the rest of the table. Read your PMs carefully, dudes, it's normal to have to intuit one or more of the roles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2023, 06:16:22 pm »

Zemaj, does your flavor mention fruit?

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2023, 06:21:15 pm »

Zemaj, does your flavor mention fruit?

Flavor?  No.  Just the specific role info... my flavor is just weird, I can't make anything related to role list out of it, and, as stated, Tric isn't giving me more to work with.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2023, 06:22:10 pm »

Max
Through POE, I've basically figured out the roles, so I personally no longer need a mass claim. Note for your list though, Fallacy is explicitly claiming Hidden, there's no other way his role would work with only Enchantress revealed.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2023, 06:27:33 pm »

TY!

Just a heads-up:  I'm about to have to step away, probably for the rest of the evening.  I hate it, but my rpg group needs their DM more than we need to figure out this cock-up.  I'll try to be back later, but no guarantees.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2023, 06:43:59 pm »

Note for your list though, Fallacy is explicitly claiming Hidden, there's no other way his role would work with only Enchantress revealed.
I know, but I decided only to count what people explicitly said.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2023, 06:44:51 pm »

Jim Groovester: Strong Lazy Virgin. And in the game, some roles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2023, 08:53:46 pm »

Fluffe9911

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2023, 09:00:40 pm »

Fluffe9911
Eh? Did nqt post his roles while I wasnt looking?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2023, 10:54:58 pm »

To any town vigs/arsonists/poisoners/etc, don't lose us the game by firing wildly. Consider holding fire until we're clear of the unjester threat. You can target me if you really want, and if no one counterclaims, you can kill Max if you think it's warranted.
I plan to shoot/burn/poison whoever I want!  Who would like to die?

If you shoot me then it blocks all kills the following night. Outside of shooting scum, I'm probably the most attractive target for town players to night kill.

I am not the antisocial unjester fakeclaiming virgin, although if I were the antisocial unjester I would want to fakeclaim virgin.

Kind of want to shoot zemaj at least.

The evasiveness to directly answering questions was present in Automafia.

sorry, which direct questions did I refuse to answer?  The one where I could only answer with the responses webadict dictated?  If its standard for you to let others put words in your mouth, I'm not sure how this works....

Yeah, those ones.

Usually when webadict is being demanding like that there's usually some point he's driving at and he's trying to cut through bullshit and nonsense. I usually like to see those questions answered without much hastle.

But it looks like you have managed to adequately communicate with each other so I don't really feel like I should belabor this anymore.

Max
Through POE, I've basically figured out the roles, so I personally no longer need a mass claim. Note for your list though, Fallacy is explicitly claiming Hidden, there's no other way his role would work with only Enchantress revealed.

Cool.

Who do I vote?

• Jim Groovester: Strong Lazy Virgin. And in the game, some roles.

Uh uh uh uh uh uh

I have to have the False role! Yes, it's the only thing that makes sense!

Jim Groovester: Strong Lazy Virgin. And in the game, some roles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stop it!

It's not funny!

Stop laughing!

Stoooooop!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2023, 11:45:15 pm »

well, guess I didn't miss much, then...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2023, 03:48:00 am »

Fluffe9911
Eh? Did nqt post his roles while I wasnt looking?
Fluffe, do you have 1, 2, or 3 known roles?

Cool.

Who do I vote?
These people can't be the Jester:

Jim
NQT
Max
Toony

These people might be:

Fallacy - Probably just has a hidden role as no one else has claimed having exactly one role
Fluffe - Hasn't claimed but probably will claim 2-3 things
Zemaj - Claimed but was counterclaimed by Web
Web - Claimed but was counterclaimed by Zemaj. Who now thinks he has a false role, but doesn't appear to be how 'false' works. Web is almost certainly lying for some reason, and is in general acting somewhat how he was when he played a mafia-ally. Also, he has claimed the Dark Creature which, at least usually, is an explicitly mafia power. Now he might be a false dark creature, but that doesn't explain the fruit festival counterclaim as duplicate roles shouldn't appear.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2023, 05:34:31 am »

OK, but aside from all that, in a role-heavy game, we can get quite caught up with the role madness. Scum are still lurking, hoping to push through an easy elimination today that doesn't include themselves. So what are the votes looking like?

Web on Toony, RVS
NQT on Zemaj, RVS
Zemaj on Jim, RVS
Zemaj on Web, counterclaim
Max on Zemaj, getting rid of fruit festival (why? because it's annoying? But it'll stop the N1 kill, so why does Max want to get rid?)
Web on Fluffe, Fluffe hasn't claimed and so could be a bad role
NQT on Web - claims don't stack up ('false' shouldn't create a duplicate role- actually Tric might have implemented in whatever weird way he wanted, so this isn't the be-all-and-end-all, Zemaj might still be a better pick as hasn't claimed their third thing)

Who does that leave not voting:

Jim - unsure whether investing energy into a very wild game is worthwhile. Fair!
Fluffe  - slow to get going in every game, last to vote as town in automafia
Fallacy - active, but hasn't voted. Spent time muddying the waters. Could be scum.
Toony - has a godfather role, will stick around to confuse us after death, and has the same reading of false as Web appears to have:

Somebody should have the False modifer and not actually know their real role. I assume this will become apparent if everyone claimed.

Shooting again from the hip, scum team is probably Toony + (Zemaj or Fluffe or Web). Web or Fluffe is the unjester. Jim, Max, NQT all lock town. GG.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17