Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Crash Report Log)  (Read 12778 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Loading World 1) 8/8
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2023, 05:38:19 pm »

I claimed my role before you even posted, actually, and I'm not entirely sure where you soft-claimed Fruit Festival, so it'd be better to quote where that was instead of just saying that, so we can see exactly how you did so.

But, that makes me a hypocrite for not posting where I claimed Fruit Festival before you posted, but let's just chill a second and think about why that is, and it'll become obvious.

Of course, hilariously, I'm in the reversed position and you somehow don't see that, but my reason for voting you was because you didn't claim after I posted not wanting to claim, because I wanted to see who else was against it.  I actually believe that it's entirely possible for you to also be Fruit Festival, because it's a stupid thing to counterclaim, which actually explains a bit about why you wouldn't want to claim.

So, is any of what I'm saying incorrect?

Tric... did pretty much state that this is a bastard game.

Was it ever explicitly stated that there would be no duplicate roles assigned?
Why are you defending him?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2023, 05:39:15 pm »

You said you soft-claimed Zemaj. Maybe you were very subtle, but I'm not seeing it.

Really?  I thought you got it right away... that was the bit about food allergies... look at the list of PRs, I think its a good connection.   Subtle, maybe even easy to miss.  Hence, a good soft-claim, imo.
That did cross my mind but I dismissed it as being too tenuous! Consider that you could have been trying to soft-claim poisoner with that.

This is all very intriguing. Anyway, as Fluffe has agreed to claim, and so probably has at least 2 knowable roles (my bet is the flavour is a weird vulture), one of Zemaj or Webadict has to be the Jester (according to my spreadsheet).

Ordinarily 3rd party hunting is a bad sign, but actually we all lose if the Jester wins so I think our best bet is to vote out the Jester D1. We flip Zemaj or Web, and if they don't come up as Jester, we avoid NKing the other.

I thought the bastard elements were coming in through the actual roles like False (as insane roles on Bay12 are considered bastard). He explicitly said that each player got three roles each.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2023, 05:41:53 pm »

Why are you defending him?
Defending him? I'm not defending him at all.

I just think you two are arguing over something that could easily turn out to be pointless.

I thought the bastard elements were coming in through the actual roles like False (as insane roles on Bay12 are considered bastard). He explicitly said that each player got three roles each.

Each player gets three roles from the pool, yes. Nowhere was it said that the roles chosen couldn't be duplicates.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2023, 05:44:30 pm »

Ordinarily 3rd party hunting is a bad sign, but actually we all lose if the Jester wins so I think our best bet is to vote out the Jester D1. We flip Zemaj or Web, and if they don't come up as Jester, we avoid NKing the other.

In my experience, the players most fixated on third parties tend to be either mafia or third party themselves.

See the BYOR where I (scum) was totally convinced that heydude6 had to be a serial killer thanks to his murderguns role.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2023, 05:46:43 pm »

The unjester is in a tight spot, right? They have two elements to their role which are mod confirmed: antisocial and unjester. They know a full claim makes the game unwinnable for them, so their only route is through WIFOM and confusion. That + the claims already made or promised, mean that Web or Zemaj is the unjester. One of them may also be the mafia king too. Today one of these players will go.

Fallacy
Each player gets three roles from the pool, yes. Nowhere was it said that the roles chosen couldn't be duplicates.
You're either deliberately trying to sow confusion, or you have misread the mod. All roles have been randomised among the players with three each:
All Roles have been randomized, but which 3 roles you got are not in your PMs. Lore is different for all players.
(Even if it's obvious.

Anyway, shooting from the hip, Web is Jester, Zemaj + Fallacy are the scum team. GG everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2023, 05:49:24 pm »

In my experience, the players most fixated on third parties tend to be either mafia or third party themselves.

See the BYOR where I (scum) was totally convinced that heydude6 had to be a serial killer thanks to his murderguns role.
Yes that was literally what I said! I've bolded it for you. But in this game it's a bit different because the unjester is game ending. I still want to end scum, and if it becomes obvious who the King is, we should end the King first; and if the unjester is completely outed they might be safely ignored... but some role interaction or idiot player might still accidentally NK them, losing us the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2023, 05:49:46 pm »

Zemaj + Fallacy are the scum team.
I feel like that was suppose to be true, but wasn't.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2023, 05:50:26 pm »

Fallacy
You're either deliberately trying to sow confusion, or you have misread the mod. All roles have been randomised among the players with three each:
All Roles have been randomized, but which 3 roles you got are not in your PMs. Lore is different for all players.
(Even if it's obvious.

I'm not sure if I've misread it, no. That could just as easily be read as 'all the roles in play are distributed randomly'.

Zemaj + Fallacy are the scum team.
I feel like that was suppose to be true, but wasn't.
Flashbacks to Automafia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2023, 05:50:31 pm »

Fallacy could very easily be covering for Antisocial Unjester as his two extra unclaimed role elements.

We need full claims from everyone.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2023, 05:52:39 pm »

Okay, but that's not the issue.  The issue is that his assumption was that because I claimed a role that he claimed, he automatically assumed I'm scum.  It's really about whether his accusation is genuine or not, as opposed to anything else.

I voted him because he didn't want to claim, and claiming one role doesn't claim the rest.

Right, but there's the possibility that Zemaj is Anti-Jester OR scum, both of which are viable votes.  I don't think that's focusing on third party.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2023, 05:53:57 pm »

Web is Jester
:(  I try, and I get called a Jester.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2023, 05:54:28 pm »

And in any case, the False modifier exists, so at least one of us doesn't have accurate information on their role.

Hell, I could be a False Enchantress and not an Enchantress with something else Hidden.

Okay, but that's not the issue.  The issue is that his assumption was that because I claimed a role that he claimed, he automatically assumed I'm scum.  It's really about whether his accusation is genuine or not, as opposed to anything else.

I voted him because he didn't want to claim, and claiming one role doesn't claim the rest.
Ah. Yeah, that's a valid point.

Right, but there's the possibility that Zemaj is Anti-Jester OR scum, both of which are viable votes.  I don't think that's focusing on third party.
Mm, NQT seems fairly fixated on the Jester in general, just going by the look of all his posts.

I'm calling it - either he's scum or he's the Jester.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2023, 05:55:23 pm »

Relatedly,

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2023, 06:01:33 pm »

Actually it's possible that one of Web or Zemaj is a False Fruit Vendor.

Anyway Fallacy, I breadcrumbed my full roll in a previous post. Why would the unjester try to precipitate a mass claim? You thinking that I'm 3rd party is more suspicious.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2023, 06:03:50 pm »

Kind of want to shoot zemaj at least.

The evasiveness to directly answering questions was present in Automafia.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17