Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141]

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 99546 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #2100 on: April 14, 2024, 12:59:57 pm »

Hypersonic missiles weren't part of Iran's attack. Also there was ample warning time. I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the ability of Russia to attack a nearby NATO country closer than Israel is to Iran (12 hours by drone.)

Sure, attacking some Estonia will be more effective. Even Poland or Sweden will have problems despite major investments in air defense. But to win a conventional war with a European part of NATO you need to bomb countries that are key for their military and industry - Germany, France, Italy Russian missiles and drones are not reaching there at any significant numbers. And the USA is as safe as possible.

ICBMs are the problem, we do not know what the Russian Strategic Missile Force is capable of. Neither do we know what West can actually do in its defense. But we do know how modern Air Defense handles conventional mass attacks of Russian\Iranian level of tech. We got a clear demonstration.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 14, 2024, 01:23:52 pm »

Isreal has the best country wide air defense system and state of readiness in the world, trying to use it as an argument that Russian nukes will all be shot down if they target basically anywhere else is silly. Like sure, Paris or London or DC might have sufficient defenses to stop an attack, but if they target 99% of the rest of the countries things get way deicer, especially since they probably have hundreds of nukes to throw around.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 18, 2024, 02:13:46 am »

Americans, thank you for Marjorie Taylor-Greene!

Every time when I am in despair that our politicians are a bunch of total morons, she does something that reminds me that no, they are not that bad. Worse examples exist.

Those amendments of hers... mmmmmm... Pure art of idiocy.

https://amendments-rules.house.gov/amendments/Conscript%20amendment240417145722857.pdf
https://amendments-rules.house.gov/amendments/GREENE_218_xml240417151911517.pdf
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 18, 2024, 11:52:01 am »

I refuse to use her name, since people saying her name is literally the only thing she truly cares about. I sometimes think she's a Russian plant, but I think she's just a useful idiot. Someone ought to look into her campaign finances, though.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141]