Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 213311 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1800 on: February 11, 2024, 01:09:36 am »

Peace likely means that Russia gets to keep what they stole, emboldening Russia to invade anyone else that is not in Nato.

I don't see Ukraine ever accepting this condition, even if Trump pushes them to.

I guess Ukraine just stalls peace talks until Putin dies of illness?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 11, 2024, 01:22:32 am »

It doesn't matter. We, meaning the US, can't afford it. It's not happening.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 11, 2024, 03:48:21 am »

Currently, as I see it, Biden is For Ukraine, and Trump is Against Ukraine.
Biden is pro-war and Trump is anti-war.
Biden is anti-war, his administration is very focused on avoiding escalation.  Trump is not anti-war, he is just Pro-Russian. If Trump would be in charge now with all that Israel stuff, the US would already be involved in a war with Iran. At the very least, strikes against Iranian proxies would be far more frequent.

Why does Biden still help Ukraine? Because it is in American interests, it is a very cost-efficient way to hurt Russia. But Biden's administration is anything but hawks.

Letting Ukraine bleed so that Russia can bleed isn't entirely pro-Ukraine.
WTH do you mean by "letting Ukraine bleed"? It sounds like you are saying "Ukraine is fighting because American masters told them to." which is frequently used by Russian propaganda. Or do you mean that without American assistance Russia will quickly win and the war will stop?

It is not how it works. Syrian opposition fought for years with no airforce or air defense. Hamas resists Israel for several months and they are basically light infantry with limited supplies. Small Chechnya fought Russia for many months being armed even worse than Hamas. Ukrainian army will become something like that without assistance. Russians will still need to punch through urban areas leveling them to the ground and fighting increasingly desperate Ukrainian units.

Also, Ukraine is quite big. Russia won't be able to occupy all of it quickly. Without Western assistance, we will lose air defense, meaning that our industry will be mostly destroyed but the country will still have enough left to go into total war mode, with total militarization of the economy, war rationing, harsh mobilization, etc. Russia will need years of extremely bloody war to finish.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 11, 2024, 05:58:37 am »

WTH do you mean by "letting Ukraine bleed"? It sounds like you are saying "Ukraine is fighting because American masters told them to." which is frequently used by Russian propaganda. Or do you mean that without American assistance Russia will quickly win and the war will stop?
He's saying it's in American interest to weaken Russia by keeping them engaged in a prolonged, costly war. More than having Ukraine win. Hence the support that keeps you going, but not much beyond that.
Not and uncommon view among the crowd with more realpolitik-tinted optics.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 11, 2024, 01:13:38 pm »

EJ’s a dyed in the wool Republican RINO, brah.
FTFY
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 12, 2024, 04:30:40 am »

🍿
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1806 on: February 12, 2024, 10:10:40 am »

Ukrainian army will become something like that without assistance.
I saw an ukrainian Bradley IFV take on a russian T-80 and win, and there's nothing like that fascist piece of junk wailing helplessly before exploding, launching its turret in the startosphere, carbonizing its own crew in the process, to keep you keenly aware that the issue of the war is, to this day, still to be determined.

Also seing the damages that our Césars do on russian hardware makes me proud to pay my taxes for the first time in my life. There's a denazification going on alright, just not the one russia expected.

On and, I heard they are sending Russian youtubers to the frontline, now, which is what you do when you have a large manpower reserve left.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:16:44 am by Cathar »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 12, 2024, 11:34:44 am »

Don't get me wrong, despite my gloomy mood, I am sure that Russia can't win the war in a conventional sense aka occupy much more of Ukraine. They are not stronger than two years ago and we are not weaker.

I am just saying that even in the worst-case scenario, should Western aid disappear, war will not magically stop. On the contrary, it will become bloodier. 
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 12, 2024, 04:00:25 pm »

Zelenskyy appoints former Berkut commander who dispersed Euromaidan crowds to leader position of Territorial Defence.

Extremely suspicious...

EDIT: Article mentions he might have been the only one from Internal Defense ministry willing to negotiate with protestors. Not sure how much or how little that's worth...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 04:03:01 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 12, 2024, 11:11:32 pm »

Meanwhile Putin is showing Trump how to build a wall and make the opposing nation provide the means.

https://english.nv.ua/nation/30-km-tsar-train-built-by-russians-in-donetsk-using-stolen-cars-deepstate-50391895.html

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 13, 2024, 03:11:16 am »

Zelenskyy appoints former Berkut commander who dispersed Euromaidan crowds to leader position of Territorial Defence.

Extremely suspicious...

EDIT: Article mentions he might have been the only one from Internal Defense ministry willing to negotiate with protestors. Not sure how much or how little that's worth...

It is a politically charged appointment but it is really not a big deal, Zelensky appointed way more controversial guys during his term.

Plakhuta didn't command all of the Internal troops (Who are not Berkut) only the Southern Command and wasn't involved in following criminal orders. Also, December 10 was in the beginning, way before serious violence started. Law enforcement removing tents and barricades in a capital city is not exactly criminal or treasonous.

Also, his last place of work involved training our Special Operations Forces, if he is disloyal then he is in a less harmful position now.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 14, 2024, 04:14:01 pm »

ABC News: "Two sources familiar with deliberations on Capitol Hill said the intelligence has to do with the Russians wanting to put a nuclear weapon into space. This is not to drop a nuclear weapon onto Earth but rather to possibly use against satellites."

Cool! R.I.P. The Outer Space Treaty

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 14, 2024, 09:09:16 pm »

I guess the US Space Force will actually have a purpose?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 14, 2024, 10:04:55 pm »

Join the space force, become among the first humans to be killed by a nuclear bomb while in space?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 15, 2024, 02:27:35 am »

Maybe the solution is to nuke space before Russia can?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 159