Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 143

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 103173 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1335 on: August 25, 2023, 07:10:45 am »

I'm not linking it for obvious reasons, but I've seen footage of the crash - somebody caught it on a cell phone while it was falling from the sky. The damage to the aircraft looked external (making a bomb improbable), and the longer version has contrails nearby that look suspiciously like they intersected the flight path (suggesting that they may be from a missile).

I've also seen some pictures supposedly of the crash site, where the wreckage is riddled with the sort of fragmentation impacts you would expect from a missile warhead, but I don't know if that's authentic or not.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 25, 2023, 07:16:55 am »

Meanwhile, Russia started leveling graves of Wagner fighters. - https://twitter.com/adnashmyash/status/1695045804916985974

Eternal memory indeed.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 27, 2023, 09:38:09 am »

Ah yes, the "JFK wasn't assassinated, his head just did that" type theory.
Theories like that are always the funniest ones, love reading shit like those.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 27, 2023, 11:08:26 am »

Oh, the Ukrainian Internet is FILLED with stupid conspiracy theories about Prigozhin. It is amazing how even during a war most of the content is clickbaity stuff made solely for making money.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1339 on: August 27, 2023, 11:18:03 am »

I am offended that there is no "It was Ukrainian intelligence that planted a bomb" theory... After all, it is what Russian propaganda seems to hint at.

A good way to determine what happened is to wait and see if Russians will allow Embraer to examine the wreck. If not it will confirm a SAM missile.
I heard there was a funny interview with a duma representative where they asked him who did it and he said "Ukrainians obviously" and the interviewer then asked him "how are Russian defences so weak can Ukrainians operate with impunity inside Russia" and he immediately began to panic

FSB: "Putin, Prigozhin is dead."
Putin: "Ahhh, so the poisoned potato found it's mark I see."
FSB: "....Poisoned whatnow?"
Putin: "...What was that explosion just now?"
Gerasimov's assassin looking panicked as he sits behind watching Prigozhin eat Putin's poisoned potato whilst Shoigu's missile races towards them all

Even better: Those guys can form the seed of some proper NATO special boat service. Ukraine's gonna have a TON of actual combat experience to share with the West.
Not least to say Ukrainian combat experience is of a kind NATO doesn't have a lot in. How to fight a conventional land war with limited air cover

1. His shitty aeroplane spontaneously crashed and died due to lack of spare parts and shitty maintenance quality.
Ah yes, the "JFK wasn't assassinated, his head just did that" type theory.
Not too impossible, given the state of Russian aerospace industry. The plane doing erratic maneuvres (rapid ascents & descents) before the crash, and the video of the plane clearly missing bits of itself before the crash, both suggest they tried to dodge a missile and then got hit. If a 100 oligarchs fall out of a window, one of them is bound to be an accident :P

Meanwhile, Russia started leveling graves of Wagner fighters. - https://twitter.com/adnashmyash/status/1695045804916985974

Eternal memory indeed.
Criminals to mercenaries to ghosts to war criminals to war heroes to traitors to patriots to redacted

Keeping track of what you're supposed to believe on any given day must be exhausting in Russia

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 28, 2023, 02:39:08 am »

Even better: Those guys can form the seed of some proper NATO special boat service. Ukraine's gonna have a TON of actual combat experience to share with the West.
Not least to say Ukrainian combat experience is of a kind NATO doesn't have a lot in. How to fight a conventional land war with limited air cover
"Why would we ever need to do that?"~
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1341 on: August 28, 2023, 05:58:47 am »

"Why would we ever need to do that?"~
[PRC & NK looking nervously at SK]

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1342 on: August 28, 2023, 07:43:08 am »

Eternal memory indeed.
Half of me is like "that's the just reward for serving evil", and the other half yet feels a bit bad for them.
Guys, just defect to the free legion, they are hiring.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 28, 2023, 10:03:42 pm »

Eternal memory indeed.
Half of me is like "that's the just reward for serving evil", and the other half yet feels a bit bad for them.
Guys, just defect to the free legion, they are hiring.
...they seem a better fit for the Russian Volunteer Corps.

And they probably already are doing so.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 29, 2023, 02:18:27 am »

It must be horrible to be Russian parents and see the guy who raped your teenage daughter and killed her with 60 stabs with a knife walking down your street as a decorated  war hero
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1345 on: August 29, 2023, 05:17:20 am »

In interviews, those who knew Salmin said they feared running into the same man who once terrorised their home town and may now have been made untouchable by his association with Prigozhin, one of Russia’s most notorious figures.

“We started seeing him in town a few weeks ago,” one local resident who has known Salmin for many years told the Guardian. “He is a dangerous man, we all know what he did to his friend. I told my kids not to run around alone in the coming days. It wasn’t just what he did to his friend, he stole from people, got in many fights and was harassing girls. He drank a lot, used drugs and was violent.”

“We don’t want such people back in Pikalevo,” said the person, who asked not to be identified for fear of retribution. “What kind of hero is he?”

Many fear that those being released could now seek to settle scores at home.

In 2014, Kirill Neglin of Segezha was sentenced to 12 years in prison on counts of drug dealing and domestic abuse. After a bout of heavy drinking, he repeatedly hit and kicked his wife, terrorising her both at home and then following her to their dacha, where she said she silently endured another attack because she feared for their children’s lives.

After she testified against him, Neglin issued a threat in court. “She won’t live long,” he said, according to a court transcript first reported by the independent news outlet Verstka. “Whatever sentence the court gives [me], that’s how long she has left to live.”
If you see the guy walking down your street a decorated war hero and you're the reason he got convicted you'd probably better start running because they may be there to kill you

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 29, 2023, 06:45:20 am »

It must be horrible to be Russian parents and see the guy who raped your teenage daughter and killed her with 60 stabs with a knife walking down your street as a decorated  war hero

Chances are that those same Russian parents will praise another similar "hero" who killed and raped a teenage daughter of other people. Empathy is unknown for those people.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 29, 2023, 01:38:34 pm »

Russia is sending their elite paratrooper 76th Guard division to the southern front, hoping to halt the Ukrainian breakthrough.
They were considered to be Russia's top division by western military analists, but since their failure to capture Hostomel airport near Kiev, their battle readiness has dropped dramatically, and their status has been greatly demoted.

Ukrainians at the southern front: aim for the blue berets for bonus points.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 29, 2023, 02:24:40 pm »

hoping to halt the Ukrainian breakthrough.

Are you telling me there's a Ukrainian breakthrough? This is my first time hearing about this. I've heard the counter-offensive went badly this year.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 29, 2023, 02:36:53 pm »

Yeah I haven't heard any news of progress being made either
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 143