Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 210468 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1080 on: July 10, 2023, 03:52:12 pm »

Rheinmetall will build and repair tanks in Ukraine

I am curious about what kind of protection is planned. Our anrtiair defense is not that good.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 10, 2023, 08:22:06 pm »

Erdogan agreed to let Sweden join NATO. He will now take it to Turkish parliament.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66160319
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 10, 2023, 08:46:17 pm »

Erdogan agreed to let Sweden join NATO. He will now take it to Turkish parliament.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66160319

I think I found out what Sweden is going to give Turkey in exchange:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2023/07/07/cyprus-tomb-artifacts-discovered/70392427007/

Sweden found artifacts in Cyprus.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 10, 2023, 10:03:58 pm »

Erdogan wants talks on Turkey’s EU membership again. Either he has had private concessions made in that respect, or he expects this to be a goodwill measure toward it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 10, 2023, 10:26:14 pm »

There are unconfirmed reports (mostly from Russian Telegram channels) that a captain of a Russian submarine was shot dead during his morning jog. That submarine fired cruise missiles at Ukrainian cities.

I so want it to be true and I so want it to be our guys who will work in Mossad style all over Russia, bringing justice directly to those who deserve it. The list is freaking long. I didn't even want many dead. I want just enough to make those naval officers, those combat pilots, those ballistic missile operators and others live in constant fear.
L rip bozo
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 10, 2023, 11:29:34 pm »

Max, every time you've posted a comment along similar lines, your avatar rotation has landed on the "BURN" fox and I love it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 11, 2023, 01:59:28 am »

Related: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66154909.amp

Russia claims Wagner boss met with Putin and gave Putin his full support. Yeah, they're using his dead body to bolster their position.
It's so much easier to make your puppets dance when they're dead and can't resist or talk back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 11, 2023, 08:01:32 am »

Russian Lieutenant General Oleg Tsokov got Storm Shadowed in occupied Berdyansk. We had no dead Russian generals for quite some time.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1088 on: July 11, 2023, 08:58:40 am »

Honestly this guys does not look more dead than when he was still drawing breath. "Russian zombie" was maybe a bit less metaphorical for him than for others. For a man whose job was to be underwater, this dude was dry as hell.
His photos give a strong "spongebob visits sandy" vibe.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 09:01:49 am by Cathar »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 12, 2023, 12:47:57 pm »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/terror-and-security/how-russian-soldiers-terrorise-ukraine-sexual-violence/

I heard much worse stories than those, but at least something is being documented and going official.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1090 on: July 12, 2023, 12:54:12 pm »

I have heard similar stories on the Russian army in general, being an actual rape culture, where forced sex is used routinely as a mean to enforce hierarchies. Although I initially dismissed that as war propaganda, I did also encountered actual russians who went to great lenght that system. "It's not gay if neither parties enjoy it" may be one of the sentences that convinced me that Russia as a country should be dismantled.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 12, 2023, 01:30:59 pm »

I have heard similar stories on the Russian army in general, being an actual rape culture, where forced sex is used routinely as a mean to enforce hierarchies. Although I initially dismissed that as war propaganda, I did also encountered actual russians who went to great lenght that system. "It's not gay if neither parties enjoy it" may be one of the sentences that convinced me that Russia as a country should be dismantled.

It is Russian prison culture* that infected everything in Russia. Especially army. Even kindergarten children know who "petuh" (a man fucked by another man) is and that this person is not a person at all, even if he was raped.

It is also why homophobia is so damn strong in Russia and this kind of homophobia is way worse than one coming from religions or basic "eeeew" emotions of straight men.

*also, even that culture degraded. For example, pedophiles would live days in a Soviet prison, not so true in modern Russian criminal world
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:34:00 pm by Strongpoint »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1092 on: July 12, 2023, 04:05:48 pm »

Reading russians trying to explain to us that physically having sex with another man is not gay may be a sign that we slipped to the clown dimension. Them squaring a culture of man on man sexual assault with their extreme homophobia is a show to behold.

But yeah that's based and trad rasha, it's the west that is degenerate, I've been told.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 12, 2023, 04:26:03 pm »

It's a known sentiment in certain subcultures in the west, too, for what it's worth? That's not the first time I've heard that gay sex doesn't count if it's rape,* just the first time I've seen it mentioned specifically in reference to russia. It comes up in the worst parts of male dominated spaces (or, more generally, cultures which encourage rape or dubious consent on some level... which is unfortunately most of them :-\) with something approaching regularity.

... actually referring to the behavior as based and traditional is something new, though. I don't think I've ever encountered any group of any sort that holds that kind of behavior being common as somehow a desirable state of society.

* I could swear I've actually seen some kind of psychology studies that even sorta' support the sentiment, if you squint real hard. Rape often isn't an act that has much or anything to do with sexual or romantic attraction, so it's possible to not be gay in one sense (being attracted to men) while still raping men. It's... somewhat horseshit from a practical or general usage perspective, but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1094 on: July 12, 2023, 04:41:07 pm »

It comes up in the worst parts of male dominated spaces (or, more generally, cultures which encourage rape or dubious consent on some level... which is unfortunately most of them :-\)
I've been in and out male segregated spaces since 2014 and that is not my experience at all. If anything, these groups tend to be much healthier than mixed groups - but mileage may vary. Men usually stop thinking with their bottom brain when women are out, rather than the opposite.

You need constant reinforcement to push men to hump each other against the will of everyone involved. That is not something that happens naturally, it has to be pushed from above.

With that said, all the informations I have come from politically involved russians I could chat with, they may not be your typical man of the street, but yes, they would defend a literal rape culture as based and trad, and assert without blinking that they hate homosexual so much they have sex with men, it is completely schizophrenic.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 04:47:57 pm by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 159