Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209505 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1020 on: July 01, 2023, 01:38:02 pm »

Wagner apparently isn't just gonna go away.
https://me.pcmag.com/en/security/17887/wagner-hackers-say-they-shut-down-russian-satellite-internet-provider

Hmm, so it could be actual Wagner, a splinter group of dissaffected members of Wagner, a Russian dissident group that wants to trade on Wagner's reputation, or a false flag by other parties seeking to exploit the societal fractures caused by Wagner's aborted coup? That's a pretty broad range of possible people.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 01, 2023, 01:58:37 pm »

Ain't it always  :P

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 01, 2023, 03:34:23 pm »

10.3 million views.

Norsk Pipeline.

Here's a funny face:  :D

Ooh!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 01, 2023, 04:58:23 pm »

Norsk ?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 01, 2023, 10:42:14 pm »

Seeing some claims that Prigozhin is becoming Unpersoned by Russian state media.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 02, 2023, 03:55:10 am »

I wonder when Prigozhin will unperson himself twice in the back of the head in a locked room with no gun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 02, 2023, 04:47:44 am »

Seeing some claims that Prigozhin is becoming Unpersoned by Russian state media.
Russian state media has been recruited to preform the burning at the stake. But keep in mind that he is still alive.. the reason for it is likely because he wasn't acting alone, there are influential people behind him, same reason the outcast strelkov can talk so freely.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 03, 2023, 02:43:16 am »

Russia has already stolen 700 thousand Ukrainian children from the occupied territories.

This is not a guesstimate, this is the number given by Russia itself, boasting proudly that they 'rescued' 700000 children from the conflict zone.

According to Russia, the program to bring Ukrainian children to Russia is only to protect orphans and abandoned children.
Ukraine says it is illegal deportation.
According to the USA, thousands of children were taken from their homes with force.

That's gonna be a helluva job after the war, finding back all those children. I guess the only way is mandatory genetic testing for all Russian children and parents, to see if they match, and if not, find out if they still have familiy in Ukraine and bring them back.

EDIT: The ICC is also investigating a Russian website that offers 300000 Ukranian children for adoption. The ICC says this is a war crime.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 02:52:20 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 03, 2023, 03:49:43 am »

That's gonna be a helluva job after the war, finding back all those children. I guess the only way is mandatory genetic testing for all Russian children and parents, to see if they match, and if not, find out if they still have familiy in Ukraine and bring them back.

Not happening. If Russia will be stable enough for something like this - it won't agree to do it. If not - no one will do it in the midst of civil wars and separatist movements.

Demographically, Russia has already won this war with a huge score. It lost few 100K of men of various ages, most of which were capable of producing little to no GDP (or were outright antisocial elements) and got a huge amount of children to brainwash to mitigate its low birthrates

And I don't believe that there will be any justice whatsoever. Russia got away with every crime it did in its history, I can't see why this time will be different.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 03, 2023, 04:11:00 am »

While the loss to Russia of its war material is considerable, I don't think Ukraine is gonna get all their kids back.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 03, 2023, 04:27:32 am »

Yeah, the only way to get any of those kids back, or any civilians taken prisoner, is to invade Russia and install a government capable of doing so.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 03, 2023, 05:24:49 am »

Demographically, Russia has already won this war with a huge score. It lost few 100K of men of various ages, most of which were capable of producing little to no GDP (or were outright antisocial elements) and got a huge amount of children to brainwash to mitigate its low birthrates
If so then it would be a huge strategic win, but I am not sure that it is. Certainly Russia is facing a population-decline, exacerbated by many young men dying on the front lines (weighted toward poorer minorities) and brain drain with many educated and well off choosing to emigrate. However, I doubt that Ukrainian kids will be sufficient to reverse that trend and I have misgiving about attempting at brainwashing not coming to bite you in the ass. We are talking about adopted kids with access to internet, many of whom are likely young adults, and or aren't likely to feel accepted in Russian society.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 03, 2023, 06:44:16 am »

There's this assumption going on here that when the Russians say <a number> with regard to the children, all of those were stolen from their parents at gunpoint. As if there was no pro-Russian sentiment in the occupied territories.
What proportion of those children are of parents who saw Russian occupation as the return to the fold, welcomed it, fought for it in the militias, and were killed by Ukrainians? Or who thought their kids would be safer or just better off deep in Mother Russia rather than growing up 20 km from the front line in a region with devastated economy, so sent them willingly as part of one relocation program or another? 10%? 50? 90?
Because those aren't growing up to want Ukrainian passports, internet access or not.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 03, 2023, 06:51:32 am »

There are rumors that it was a faction of Russian oligarchs that got Prigozhin to try a coup attempt, and that he himself is just a pawn and that is why he was left alive. Dunno if true or not.

And yeah, "brainwashing" will probably backfire. They are failing to brainwash native Russian youth, a lot of teens and 20-ish people are against the war (because they spend time on Western internet), why would Ukrainian children be any easier to brainwash? It's mostly older people and elderly who get z-ombified.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 06:53:35 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159