Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209221 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #660 on: June 07, 2023, 02:58:56 am »

It also reeks of desperation.

EDIT:
Ukraine Situation Report: Offensive Going Better Than Expected, U.S. Says
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-offensive-going-better-than-expected-u-s-says
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 03:05:32 am by jipehog »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 07, 2023, 03:07:28 am »

Looking through the Western media and English-speaking segments of Twitter and Facebook, I am so appalled.

It is treated like some minor thing, like a manmade seasonal flood, a minor episode in a war, not a huge war crime and an act of ecocide of immense scale. A tactical nuke in a random place would do far less damage.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 07, 2023, 03:14:58 am »

Yeah I'm...kinda pissed at this overall. I may have also ended up ruining a friendship with someone I've known for about 15 years due to an argument over it, because he's still had his head up his ass about "but what about NATO" even when topics like Bucha and now the damn dam came up.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 07, 2023, 03:45:09 am »

It is treated like some minor thing, like a manmade seasonal flood, a minor episode in a war, not a huge war crime and an act of ecocide of immense scale. A tactical nuke in a random place would do far less damage.

Yeah, people seem to fail to grasp what kind of devastating impact that has. All the wildlife, forests, water getting polluted (e.g., from whatever toxins might be stored on the way), damage to infrastructure, potential nuclear catastrophe, etc., etc. Can't do as much damage with a WMD.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 07, 2023, 04:22:48 am »

Some personal news - My brother's self-propelled howitzer Gvozdika was damaged beyond repair by a Russian suicide drone yesterday. Luckily the crew wasn't anywhere near.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 07, 2023, 04:52:51 am »

Looking through the Western media and English-speaking segments of Twitter and Facebook, I am so appalled.
Also annoying that western media attach any value to the disgusting Russian lie that Ukraine did it. I saw an interviewer on Deutsche Welle ask a Ukranian official to respond to this obvious lie. Absolute cringe. Why is such a ridiculous claim even worth reporting?

Yes, in theory we can't proof that the Russians did it. Who knows, in theory it might have been aliens. Jeez.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 07, 2023, 04:56:35 am »

Also annoying that western media attach any value to the disgusting Russian lie that Ukraine did it. I saw an interviewer on Deutsche Welle ask a Ukranian official to respond to this obvious lie. Absolute cringe. Why is such a ridiculous claim even worth reporting?

Yes, in theory we can't proof that the Russians did it. Who knows, in theory it might have been aliens. Jeez.

But they must be neutral! All positions should be represented! It is proper journalism!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 07, 2023, 05:19:52 am »

It sells papers/views/clicks. Some people don’t care how they make money.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 07, 2023, 07:04:10 am »

Urgh. Don't get me started on the state of western media, I'll start ranting and never stop. I should not view social media as more accurate and reliable than most official news agencies but I do and not because social media is accurate and reliable. They're just abysmal. Too many of them are owned by the same groups, too focused on money and not news.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 07, 2023, 07:25:05 am »

Yeah, people seem to fail to grasp what kind of devastating impact that has.
Or just don't care.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 07, 2023, 08:46:23 am »

EDIT:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-offensive-going-better-than-expected-u-s-says
I was thinking this. Long term this fucks Russian prospects. Suggests they are panicking.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 07, 2023, 09:15:39 am »

EDIT:
I was thinking this. Long term this fucks Russian prospects. Suggests they are panicking.

And how exactly it hurts Russia?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #672 on: June 07, 2023, 10:53:19 am »

They've made the land they hope to take less valuable for them if they do take it, but Russia has demonstrated a willingness to be "king of the ashes" before.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 07, 2023, 10:58:46 am »

If I recall it's also been brought up that this impacts the water supply to Crimea, when water supply for that area was one of the vatnik talking points they used to defend this shitshow of an invasion in the first place.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 07, 2023, 12:01:54 pm »

In the US, we're a little busy obsessing over the Orange Smoke Clouds of Doom. Our media isn't even really covering the Fires in Canada the size of New Jersey that are generating the smoke.

Expect us to care in two weeks when we've got less of our own ecological disasters to report (I hope).
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 159